Just noticed...two long time members are MIA

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

The Virginian aka DC Poke on the other board plus the guy who did the yearly pick the score game on here are both MIA.

The Virginian aka DC Poke hasn't been on here since March of this year.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

O.K. Figured out who did the pick the spread or score game on here...it's WestWYOPoke. He''s on here still. He even posted on here recently.

So, that leaves The Virginian as MIA.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Could be an old guy. He was on the original gowyogo site back in the late 90s
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

ZapPoke wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:19 am Could be an old guy. He was on the original gowyogo site back in the late 90s
I know. I used to be on that board as OKC Poke. Still remember Ronski and packerpoke who always acted like she was drunk.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

You can usually find DCPoke on the opponents message boards in the week leading up to the game.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Wyokie wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:17 am
ZapPoke wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:19 am Could be an old guy. He was on the original gowyogo site back in the late 90s
I know. I used to be on that board as OKC Poke. Still remember Ronski and packerpoke who always acted like she was drunk.
It would be interesting to know how many of us were on that board. I quit when they started charging for it. We even had a meet and greet with Slider and some of the members after a football game once. One of the things I miss about it was that we had some posters who seemed to have insider knowledge about the program. We don’t really have that anymore.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Does the owner of the board ever log in?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:32 pm Does the owner of the board ever log in?
You mean MrTitleist? He hasn't been on since Sept. 9th.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

ZapPoke wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:39 am
It would be interesting to know how many of us were on that board. I quit when they started charging for it. We even had a meet and greet with Slider and some of the members after a football game once. One of the things I miss about it was that we had some posters who seemed to have insider knowledge about the program. We don’t really have that anymore.
I remember Slider. He retired from running that board (GWG) around 2000, I believe.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

ZapPoke wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:39 am
I remember I almost made a treck to Northern Virginia for agame watch party that DCPoke was organizing. I was on the other board as UNLPoke, but didn't pay for the subscription. I almost forgot about it.
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 24 times

I used to be on there, same handle. Stopped coming by after the pay wall was initiated. There used to be a lot of good back and forth with fans coming to Laramie to watch the visiting teams, good smack talk and some respectful dialogue between opposing fans
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

The Virginian, aka DC Poke must have retired by now. I met him in person at the Crystal City Sports Pub for a Wyo-BYU game that they tore down the goal posts after. My brother was in Northern Virginia for a school, and I flew out to visit and pub around DC.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

MN_Poke wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:17 pm I used to be on there, same handle. Stopped coming by after the pay wall was initiated. There used to be a lot of good back and forth with fans coming to Laramie to watch the visiting teams, good smack talk and some respectful dialogue between opposing fans
I used to post there a ton as well...it got pretty douchey (a lot of in-fighting and kind of click-ish), and the board owner (Ian McMackin at that time) took it to a pay site to get rid of the venom, and make some money. I don't blame him for that at all, just the way he went about it was kind of a slap to a lot of posters, myself included.

All water under the bridge at this point though, glad I ended up here, I have actually made some solid friends from this site. Member here since 9-24-2008, Go Pokes!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Nm
Last edited by LanderPoke on Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wyo2dal - missing. Itsuckstobeacsuram - missing. Pokener - missing. Numerous good posters are missing

Most board admins and moderators - missing :lol:
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:28 pm Wyo2dal - missing. Itsuckstobeacsuram - missing. Pokener - missing. Numerous good posters are missing

I'm the only moderator who's really on here. I even check on the site even while on trips.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:28 pm Wyo2dal - missing. Itsuckstobeacsuram - missing. Pokener - missing. Numerous good posters are missing

I forgot Wyo2dal - he used to really helpful in streaming games.

This place surely isn't getting any younger haha
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wyokie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:53 pm

I'm the only moderator who's really on here. I even check on the site even while on trips.
You the MAN, Wyokie ! :thumb:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

While we're at it Asmodeanreborn, BeaverPoke, J-Rod, POKE FAN, Cowboy Junkie, whyoh, JimmyDimes, djm19, gopokes1399 even joshvanklomp.. Come back!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:28 pm
Wyokie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:53 pm

You the MAN, Wyokie ! :thumb:
Thank you. :D