Is the BYU game the worst scheduling decision in UW history?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 239 times

I have zero desire, I repeat, zero desire to play these pukes. Especially since there is about a 95% these slime balls DO NOT make the return trip to Laramie. Just wait and see. We should buy the game out. This game does nothing for us except put unnecessary injury risk on our players

This is an abomination by Tom Burman
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

I disagree. The anticipation for this game, especially after last night's electric atmosphere at The War is sky high. I've had this game circled as soon as it was announced. I wish we could play BYU every year. Win this game next week and the Cowboys will catch major attention. I don't think they will cancel the return visit either. Burman did not agree to this without assurances. Go Pokes!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

It is a horrid decision. I’m not watching it, I hate everything about BYU and Burma’s is a douche for scheduling it.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

I’m fine with it. Would like to win one. Too bad Josh forced that pass. Then we’d never need to play them again.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Is there any possibility the team knows how much we despise BWhinerU and would love to see them annihilated?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Yes - worst scheduling decision . We will hear around January that BYU will not be making the return trip to laramie “due to scheduling conflicts in it’s move to the big 12. ‘
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

Giving them relevance to us is a horrible decision. As Lander said, they won’t come to Laradise, and frankly I despise these guys as much as the goats. This will go down as one of Burmans worst decisions with the fan base.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:29 pm I disagree. The anticipation for this game, especially after last night's electric atmosphere at The War is sky high. I've had this game circled as soon as it was announced. I wish we could play BYU every year. Win this game next week and the Cowboys will catch major attention. I don't think they will cancel the return visit either. Burman did not agree to this without assurances. Go Pokes!
The assurance is they cancel and there is a buyout clause in the contract. They’ll use it.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I'm over the we should not play them. Go into Provo and whip there A$$ and then when they get out of the return trip it's no skin off our backs. If we can play as physical against them as we did Air Force we have a chance. We have an extra day to prepare as well. Just beat em and get it over with and then when they skip out on their trip to Laramie the so be it.

Burman is not a very good AD, but wow....I don't agree with scheduling em either, but they must have offered enough money he thought it was worth while. Oregon gave us a blueprint. Use it! Kick em in the mouth and leave Provo 4-1 and possibly knocking on the top 25. We will see.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Yes, terrible decision. There is no advantage to playing them and they are dirtiest team in cfb. I just hope Burman's decision doesn't end up with an injury from another byu cheap shot.

There is no reason we should play that team, ever. Get it over with and hope it's the last time.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Worst stadium, rudest fans ive been around, and caffeine free Coke served. I'll never go back to any kind of game in Provokistan. f-word U BYU, always and forever
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Sounds like a lot of you can't stand BYU. I've no issue with that. Your hatred of BYU will make you want to see the Cowboys beat them even more so. Also, don't say you're not going to watch, because you will. Go Cowboys!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:43 pm Sounds like a lot of you can't stand BYU. I've no issue with that. Your hatred of BYU will make you want to see the Cowboys beat them even more so. Also, don't say you're not going to watch, because you will. Go Cowboys!
By ANY chance whatsoever, have you heard of the Black 14? That event for all intents and purposes destroyed Wyoming football.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:50 pm
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:43 pm Sounds like a lot of you can't stand BYU. I've no issue with that. Your hatred of BYU will make you want to see the Cowboys beat them even more so. Also, don't say you're not going to watch, because you will. Go Cowboys!
By ANY chance whatsoever, have you heard of the Black 14? That event for all intents and purposes destroyed Wyoming football.
Cannot live in the past and that incident happened so long ago its ancient history, and it did not destroy Wyoming football. It set the program back many years, unfortunately, but nobody ever thinks about it today or any time in the recent past. You're being just a tad bit hyperbolic in my estimation. I say this respectfully of course.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:00 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:50 pm
Cannot live in the past and that incident happened so long ago its ancient history, and it did not destroy Wyoming football. It set the program back many years, unfortunately, but nobody ever thinks about it today or any time in the recent past. You're being just a tad bit hyperbolic in my estimation. I say this respectfully of course.
Somehow I figured you'd say that. Youth is wasted on the young. No, that event destroyed the football program. Aside from the very brief two year of laying waste to the WAC in 1987-88, Wyoming hasn't done jack poop since the late 1960s right when the Black 14 happened. Learn from history, kid. Learn from history.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

I'm 53! But I won't ask you to stop calling me "Kid!"
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

You guys are probably arguing with a BYU fan. He just registered on the board today and all his posts are in this thread.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Old-Bull wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:53 pm You guys are probably arguing with a BYU fan. He just registered on the board today and all his posts are in this thread.
You may be right lol. "Go Cowboys" is a little out of place. Typically from most of us it's "Go Pokes"
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Nope, far from a BYU fan. Lifelong "Pokes" fan since I was...10 years old? Screw BYU and Go Pokes!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Old-Bull wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:53 pm You guys are probably arguing with a BYU fan. He just registered on the board today and all his posts are in this thread.
You're probably right. He's way too "proper" aka like a good mormon boy should be. :roll: We all know the type. Doesn't drink alcohol, doesn't cuss, thinks divorce is a sin, etc....