Student loan forgiveness

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

So, the defense of the indefensible is simply "well the other side does it too" or "the other side does worse"??

Sound about right but not sure it really proves Lander wrong. In fact, it looks more like evidence supporting his claim of indefensible.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I just don't get what the big deal is... it's indefensible because there's nothing to defend. Vote buying has been going on longer than any of us have lived and it'll continue long after we're gone.

Is it moral or ethical? No

Is it worth getting riled up? No
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:43 pm I just don't get what the big deal is... it's indefensible because there's nothing to defend. Vote buying has been going on longer than any of us have lived and it'll continue long after we're gone.

Is it moral or ethical? No

Is it worth getting riled up? No
It’s not moral or ethical and you are ok with it. That says it all
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

There are plenty of immoral/unethical things done everyday by people (you and me included), it isn't worth raising my blood pressure for something like this.

There are far bigger issues to worry about than this type of vote buying.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:11 am There are plenty of immoral/unethical things done everyday by people (you and me included), it isn't worth raising my blood pressure for something like this.

You're fine with a wealth transfer from the poor to the rich? This is not insignificant. It's estimated it will cost tax payers close to a trillion dollars. That's a poop ton of money that goes straight to the deficit all in a time of high inflation, unilaterally, when, I would say, a majority oppose it. It's disgusting. You don't feel it's unfair to the poor who do not have college debt? Should they get a free 10k? This is one of the more disgusting things ever done by a politician in my lifetime.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:32 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:11 am There are plenty of immoral/unethical things done everyday by people (you and me included), it isn't worth raising my blood pressure for something like this.

You're fine with a wealth transfer from the poor to the rich? This is not insignificant. It's estimated it will cost tax payers close to a trillion dollars. That's a Sh#t ton of money that goes straight to the deficit all in a time of high inflation, unilaterally, when, I would say, a majority oppose it. It's disgusting. You don't feel it's unfair to the poor who do not have college debt? Should they get a free 10k? This is one of the more disgusting things ever done by a politician in my lifetime.
One of the most disgusting things by a politician in your lifetime? Wow...a bit extreme maybe? If you think loan forgiveness is more extreme than: putting children in cages (both parties), lying/promoting insurrection regarding elections, stoking racism (arguably both parties), lying to congress (both parties), obstructing justice, eroding civil liberties, using political office for personally gain (again, both parties), etc, then I don't know what to tell you man. Loan forgiveness isn't in my top ten.

I personally am not a fan of the student loan forgiveness, even though it personally benefits me.

However, I'm glad to see something that actually helps the middle class as opposed to the maneuvers that typically benefit the high and ultra- high classes (like the 2017 tax cut).
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:26 pm

You're fine with a wealth transfer from the poor to the rich? This is not insignificant. It's estimated it will cost tax payers close to a trillion dollars. That's a Sh#t ton of money that goes straight to the deficit all in a time of high inflation, unilaterally, when, I would say, a majority oppose it. It's disgusting. You don't feel it's unfair to the poor who do not have college debt? Should they get a free 10k? This is one of the more disgusting things ever done by a politician in my lifetime.
One of the most disgusting things by a politician in your lifetime? Wow...a bit extreme maybe? If you think loan forgiveness is more extreme than: putting children in cages (both parties), lying/promoting insurrection regarding elections, stoking racism (arguably both parties), lying to congress (both parties), obstructing justice, eroding civil liberties, using political office for personally gain (again, both parties), etc, then I don't know what to tell you man. Loan forgiveness isn't in my top ten.

I personally am not a fan of the student loan forgiveness, even though it personally benefits me.

However, I'm glad to see something that actually helps the middle class as opposed to the maneuvers that typically benefit the high and ultra- high classes (like the 2017 tax cut).
I totally agree. The federal government is trash. They don’t really have that much authority granted in the constitution yet here we are always being affected by the federal government. One set of rules for a whole country is no way to govern.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:26 pm

Like I said, if you aren't disgusted by this you won't be disgusted by anything.

Kids in cages... lol. You want illegal immigrants to have milk and cookies? Stoking racism? Yeah that's another democrat strategy. All that other stuff isn't one 1/100 as dangerous or as expensive
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Not loan forgiveness. It is debt transfer.

Call it what it is.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

I'm definitely NOT okay with this.

I'm in my mid-30s, I had a good amount of student loans when I graduated from college more than 10 years ago. It took me 8-9 years to pay it all off. I received no forgiveness. Even several years ago, student loan deductions on taxes turned from dollar for dollar to a percentage. Now, the government is going to forgive $10,000 for FREE for all these people. Absolutely ridiculous! I worked my butt off to pay my debt off. It's a total slap in the face.

It really aggrivates me these young kids coming out of school nowadays want all these perks, $100,000 salaries and 6 weeks of vacation.. for what? They haven't proven anything. No experience, nothing. Unreal.

I hope the government at least makes the $10,000 count as taxable income.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

What this highlights is that states and the feds need to rethink the whole “emergency declaration” business. Under emergency declarations the president and governors are granted dictatorial power. The emergency declaration needs a sunset clause that requires reauthorization in a certain number of days and restrictions on what powers are granted.