Hoosier Fan here

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
hoosierfan11
Buckaroo

I am currently a senior at IU, but nearly went to UW after graduating from high school. I drive to the Teton's every summer and always make sure to spend a night or two in Laramie, as its a fine town with fun bars. I am particularly excited for this match-up, as Wyoming has shown it can beat P5/Q1-2 teams both at home and on the road. Both teams feel that they earned a spot in the Field of 64 and thought it would be informative to offer a perspective from an IU fan, and would be interested in hearing your guy's thought process as we head towards tipoff.

Based on what I've heard from other fans along with my personal opinion, our main thoughts are as follows.

1. Fans are upset with our seeding because Michigan, a team with a 17-14 record who we beat in the BTT, received an 11th seed and will play in Indianapolis for the first round.
2. While the Cowboys have played a national championship contender at Arizona, this will be the first game seeing a player as talented as Trayce Jackson-Davis since then. A lot of IU fans know David Roddy could compete anywhere, but there is not a lot of exposure to MW basketball to know who other great players in the conference are.
3. Staying in the paint, both teams play their best ball down low. Both teams also have struggled to shoot consistently from 3, but can get hot at a moments notice. If Jeffries or Wenzel can get hot, IU could be in trouble. However, the same threat faces the Cowboys as clutch performances from our best shooters, Johnson, Stewart, and Kopp, could put the game out of reach.
5. Finally, it comes down to momentum and the ability to win close games. IU has lost 7 games by 6 points or less, often holding leads with 5 minutes left to play. Wyoming has lost 6 games by 7 points or less, and I imagine that you've had late leads in a lot of those games too. Ultimately, this should be an exciting game with photo finish potential to kick off the rest of the tournament.
6. I assume that many of you have visited IU basketball forums since Sunday. It is important to know that the majority of our fanbase does not actively participate in public message boards (but many join private ones), and many of the opinions relayed on public forums does not reflect that of the majority. We are a passionate fan base who loves seeing our basketball team succeed, but the majority of fans carry respect for our opponents and their fans when we run into them (except for Purdue).

Ultimately, I believe that the Hoosiers will pull out a close win in Dayton, 72-69. I look forwards to what should be an exciting game, and hopefully some of you reply with your own thoughts/ideals.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

hoosierfan11 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:51 pm I am currently a senior at IU, but nearly went to UW after graduating from high school. I drive to the Teton's every summer and always make sure to spend a night or two in Laramie, as its a fine town with fun bars. I am particularly excited for this match-up, as Wyoming has shown it can beat P5/Q1-2 teams both at home and on the road. Both teams feel that they earned a spot in the Field of 64 and thought it would be informative to offer a perspective from an IU fan, and would be interested in hearing your guy's thought process as we head towards tipoff.

Based on what I've heard from other fans along with my personal opinion, our main thoughts are as follows.

1. Fans are upset with our seeding because Michigan, a team with a 17-14 record who we beat in the BTT, received an 11th seed and will play in Indianapolis for the first round.
2. While the Cowboys have played a national championship contender at Arizona, this will be the first game seeing a player as talented as Trayce Jackson-Davis since then. A lot of IU fans know David Roddy could compete anywhere, but there is not a lot of exposure to MW basketball to know who other great players in the conference are.
3. Staying in the paint, both teams play their best ball down low. Both teams also have struggled to shoot consistently from 3, but can get hot at a moments notice. If Jeffries or Wenzel can get hot, IU could be in trouble. However, the same threat faces the Cowboys as clutch performances from our best shooters, Johnson, Stewart, and Kopp, could put the game out of reach.
5. Finally, it comes down to momentum and the ability to win close games. IU has lost 7 games by 6 points or less, often holding leads with 5 minutes left to play. Wyoming has lost 6 games by 7 points or less, and I imagine that you've had late leads in a lot of those games too. Ultimately, this should be an exciting game with photo finish potential to kick off the rest of the tournament.
6. I assume that many of you have visited IU basketball forums since Sunday. It is important to know that the majority of our fanbase does not actively participate in public message boards (but many join private ones), and many of the opinions relayed on public forums does not reflect that of the majority. We are a passionate fan base who loves seeing our basketball team succeed, but the majority of fans carry respect for our opponents and their fans when we run into them (except for Purdue).

Ultimately, I believe that the Hoosiers will pull out a close win in Dayton, 72-69. I look forwards to what should be an exciting game, and hopefully some of you reply with your own thoughts/ideals.
Should have been a cowboy,!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 127 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:12 pm
hoosierfan11 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:51 pm I am currently a senior at IU, but nearly went to UW after graduating from high school. I drive to the Teton's every summer and always make sure to spend a night or two in Laramie, as its a fine town with fun bars. I am particularly excited for this match-up, as Wyoming has shown it can beat P5/Q1-2 teams both at home and on the road. Both teams feel that they earned a spot in the Field of 64 and thought it would be informative to offer a perspective from an IU fan, and would be interested in hearing your guy's thought process as we head towards tipoff.

Should have been a cowboy,!
The world needs more Cowboys……