Hoosiers...score

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Lets Go Ike, game time!! pokes show nerves, start off slow, battle back but fall short. Hoosiers 73-63.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 228 times

Indiana has more talent. Played a more difficult schedule. Is favored. Has a bunch more money. Will have more fans in attendance. And by all measures should win.

Wyoming wins 61-60 on a last second Ike turnaround jumper. This team doesn’t quit and it’s March Madness so why not.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:05 am Lets Go Ike, game time!! pokes show nerves, start off slow, battle back but fall short. Hoosiers 73-63.
Do you and SDPoke have matching bowling shirts?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Indiana went 4-8 in their last 12 games (including going 2-1 in the Big 10 tourney). They were 2-7 to end the season. I'm not sure where the idea comes from that they are some juggernaut. I think the Pokes win by 7 to 10 points. I know, I'm drinking the Koolaid, but Indiana would finish no higher than 4th or 5th in the MWC this year. They just aren't that good.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wyovanian wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:25 am
WyoVaquero wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:05 am Lets Go Ike, game time!! pokes show nerves, start off slow, battle back but fall short. Hoosiers 73-63.
May be the same person
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

All I know is it will be close. Pokes 57-56 why not
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

Pokes win 72-65
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:27 am
May be the same person
They are not. It's a realistic projection. I don't understand the criticism for giving their best guess of the score. We all know this is going to be a difficult game and will need a lot of things to go our way to get a W.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:48 am
May be the same person
They are not. It's a realistic projection. I don't understand the criticism for giving their best guess of the score. We all know this is going to be a difficult game and will need a lot of things to go our way to get a W.
certain topics ... particularly by certain posters, illicit this type of response. I know none of you personally but I can reliably predict people degrading a poster depending if the poster's opinion on the topic being discussed is "acceptable". It's pretty much an ad-hominem attack...

SDpoke in particular get this treatment no matter what...evidently he (she?) felt it would be a good idea to move football down a division so he must be wished into the cornfield.

BTW...70-62 Indiana...and I'll be bummed about it :tickedoff:
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 126 times

weird, have no idea how this posted twice. Revised, my :twocents: is below.
Last edited by Itsux2beaewe on Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

With the close loss to Boise St in the MW tourney, the Pokes will be playing with a re-newed focus and motivation tonight. Maldo has waited his career to be here. He isn’t going to waste it. I like how he is driving now vs just backing into the post for a shot. It adds an element. There is a difference meeting a team 3 x’s in conference play, so Indiana doesn’t know us like Boise St, Goat University, UNLV, etc.

64 - 56 in favor of the Pokes.

and get Linder a new contract.
Last edited by Itsux2beaewe on Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:59 am
SDpoke in particular get this treatment no matter what...evidently he (she?) felt it would be a good idea to move football down a division so he must be wished into the cornfield.
SDpoke has made some pretty ridiculous (including personal attack) posts over the years. In football, he seems to only show up when things aren't going well for the Pokes and then piles on. Always glass half empty. So he is befuddling to me and perhaps that is how he deals with things. Maybe and once we win tonight, he will show up and post something nice about this team.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:08 pm
SDpoke has made some pretty ridiculous (including personal attack) posts over the years. In football, he seems to only show up when things aren't going well for the Pokes and then piles on. Always glass half empty. So he is befuddling to me and perhaps that is how he deals with things. Maybe and once we win tonight, he will show up and post something nice about this team.
mmm I see...I often am surprised at the response to certain posters so I figure there must be history.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

72-68 Pokes

We MUST hit 70 points to win this one
iubhounds
Buckaroo

CowboyNV wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:15 am Indiana went 4-8 in their last 12 games (including going 2-1 in the Big 10 tourney). They were 2-7 to end the season. I'm not sure where the idea comes from that they are some juggernaut. I think the Pokes win by 7 to 10 points. I know, I'm drinking the Koolaid, but Indiana would finish no higher than 4th or 5th in the MWC this year. They just aren't that good.
Don't choke on that Koolaid :lol: IU is better than people think. There problem all year was closing out games, losing 6 of them when leading in the last 2-4 minutes, blowing a 22 point lead at Wisconsin. Their PG is fast, quick, can drive or hit 3s. It took him almost all year, except the last 5 games to figure out how to play under control. 4 of their last 8 games were against teams in the top 22 and they led #8 Purdue at Purdue with a minute to go and lost by 2.

They are rated #1 in the Big Ten in defense ... just today the AP named 3 Big Ten player to the all-American 1st team. The B1G is not as bad as people think. They spend all year beating up on each other thus co-champions regular season with 5 loses each.

I think it will go down to the last minute or even seconds to decide the winner tonight but no way does IU lose by 7-10 points. They also have two key players back off the bench that missed a total of 16 games due to injury. They have good depth .. maybe the ex cowboy Stewart will be hot tonight. I look for him to guard Maldonado.

"they just aren't that good" ... then won 20 games playing the 27th SOS on Sagarin Computer Rankings. Now Pre-Conf SOS is why they are a play in game. Terrible scheduling.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

iubhounds wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:22 pm
CowboyNV wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:15 am Indiana went 4-8 in their last 12 games (including going 2-1 in the Big 10 tourney). They were 2-7 to end the season. I'm not sure where the idea comes from that they are some juggernaut. I think the Pokes win by 7 to 10 points. I know, I'm drinking the Koolaid, but Indiana would finish no higher than 4th or 5th in the MWC this year. They just aren't that good.
Don't choke on that Koolaid :lol: IU is better than people think. There problem all year was closing out games, losing 6 of them when leading in the last 2-4 minutes, blowing a 22 point lead at Wisconsin. Their PG is fast, quick, can drive or hit 3s. It took him almost all year, except the last 5 games to figure out how to play under control. 4 of their last 8 games were against teams in the top 22 and they led #8 Purdue at Purdue with a minute to go and lost by 2.

They are rated #1 in the Big Ten in defense ... just today the AP named 3 Big Ten player to the all-American 1st team. The B1G is not as bad as people think. They spend all year beating up on each other thus co-champions regular season with 5 loses each.

I think it will go down to the last minute or even seconds to decide the winner tonight but no way does IU lose by 7-10 points. They also have two key players back off the bench that missed a total of 16 games due to injury. They have good depth .. maybe the ex cowboy Stewart will be hot tonight. I look for him to guard Maldonado.

"they just aren't that good" ... then won 20 games playing the 27th SOS on Sagarin Computer Rankings. Now Pre-Conf SOS is why they are a play in game. Terrible scheduling.
I think most of us Poke fans know IU is a good team, made it to the dance and in much the same manner Wyoming did.

Wyoming is pretty good too, especially if they can get Ike to mid season form. Indiana shouldn’t overlook them.

Should be a good match up.
iubhounds
Buckaroo

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:47 pm
iubhounds wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:22 pm

I think most of us Poke fans know IU is a good team, made it to the dance and in much the same manner Wyoming did.

Wyoming is pretty good too, especially if they can get Ike to mid season form. Indiana shouldn’t overlook them.

Should be a good match up.
I think its a really good match up. I don't think the players or coaches at IU will be overlooking them because they know they have to play hard both ends of the court for 40 minutes, not 39 ... they have seen what has happened when they don't. I am still wondering how Parker Stewart will do.

Have you ever seen two left handed centers go at each other? I cannot but I also have an old old mind with little memory cells left. LOL
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:48 am
May be the same person
certain topics ... particularly by certain posters, illicit this type of response. I know none of you personally but I can reliably predict people degrading a poster depending if the poster's opinion on the topic being discussed is "acceptable". It's pretty much an ad-hominem attack...

BTW...70-62 Indiana...and I'll be bummed about it :tickedoff:
The negative hand-wringing is useless and tiresome. One of the problems we have as a state is a lack of vision and the attitude it takes to achieve a vision. It, quite honestly, is provincial and stereotypical. I've never understood why people aspire to a stereotype.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:09 pm The negative hand-wringing is useless and tiresome. One of the problems we have as a state is a lack of vision and the attitude it takes to achieve a vision. It, quite honestly, is provincial and stereotypical. I've never understood why people aspire to a stereotype.
If your characterization is correct, then I agree. The problem is..I see way to many defensible arguments about the specific challenges at Wyoming that are logically coherent where it gets labelled as "negative hand wringing". I'm truly pessimistic about the outlook for the state on many levels....I'm very interested in the university thriving and I actually have a stake in it. The athletics front seems to be a line that Wyoming will continue to lose ground in against institutions with better funded fan bases in urban (or sub-urban) centers. I don't know how much "vision" makes up the difference there. This is not to say that there is not a way to do it...I'm specifically saying that the stuff that I've seen argued for won't (IMO) move the needle. We are super critical of coaches and athletic department administration as if there is something super obvious that is being missed. I don't think they are super-geniuses but they have risen to where they are largely because they have demonstrated some level of competence. I see a lot of things that contribute to Wyoming struggling but not very many of them are in the administrations direct control. That is a tough position to be in.

The big problem that has always been there, and is only accelerating, is the brain drain on the State. Graduates of UW do not stay in state....there is little opportunity. This has tons of repercussion. Fixing that means fundamentally changing Wyoming in a way that makes it look more like neighboring states. The people that are in positions of decision making in Wyoming are not going down that path anytime soon. That means super low population density (something that I think most of us enjoy), but it comes at the cost of not really mattering in any meaningful economic way.

Anyways...that is the view I see...apologies for "hand-wringing".
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:13 pm 72-68 Pokes

We MUST hit 70 points to win this one
Yes the magiic number.