What Indiana's fans think of Wyoming....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

HoosierDom says, "As much as we shouldn't be playing Tuesday, we outclass Wyoming and St Mary's. Put them in the BIG and they won't make the NIT."

MoyeCowbell, "I don't know anything about the University of Wyoming. I'm sure there are some terrific people there.
But I hope and believe we'll stomp a hole through them."

NotIthatLives, "Play pissed, stay focused for 40 like we just did for three games. See a couple more shots go down for Parker and we will blow out these next 2."

Kyhoosier29, "We SHOULD win this game without ifs, ands, or buts scenarios. They are small on the inside and don’t shoot it great from the outside. No excuses! Let’s get it done, then go show how overrated St Mary’s is."

HoosierDom, "There big man looks slow footed and not exactly Cockburn strong - I think TJD is going to have a field day."

Inequality, "Wyoming isn’t going to know what hit them. Poor fellas. Double digit win going up on Tuesday."

5Fouls, "And, their record is significantly influence by a 14-1 home record because teams are not used to playing at that altitude. While almost every team does better at home, an argument could be made that their record may not be quite as strong as it appears once you get them out of the mountains."

Inequality, "More importantly in regard to their season record, remove them from the Mountain West conference and let them slug it out in the B1G which I think is the toughest overall conference in college basketball. Having 9 make it to the tournament field says so as well. I’m betting the farm on this one. I think the return of RP and TG along with the new found sense of urgency that the team has shown carries over into this game. As long as the shooting isn’t ice cold IU wins going away."

Some interesting reading from a fan base with exactly zero minutes of watching Wyoming play all year. They sure are cocky for the 9th placed team in a league that has every rule in college athletics set up to favor them.

Man would I love to beat these know it all assholes.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I’ve read a lot on their forums.

Big 10 is a lot tougher overall than the MWC.

I can see why they would have confidence. Especially since they have been playing really well lately.
Illinois only lost to Arizona by 4 , who Indiana beat. Iowa beat Utah St by 21, who Wyoming also beat twice but both times by only 2. Indiana got beat by 3 on a last second shot by Iowa this last weekend.

So a lot of reason for confidence from them. Also Dayton is only a 2 hour drive from Indiana. There will be 8k to 10k Indiana fans there, so it will be like an Indiana home game.

With all that said Vegas only set the line at -3.5 to -4 , so they don’t think it should be a bigger spread than that. The line has barely moved at all and over 85% of the money so far has come in on Indiana. All good news for Wyoming.

Lopsided bet and lopsided money games in the first four and “Most” NCAA tourney games, Vegas usually wins. So chances are that the game is close enough for Indiana not to win by 4 points or Wyoming upsets them. Hope the bet and money count stays super lopsided until the game tips off.

Edit: Another thing about this that makes it more interesting regarding the point spread is that it is not only just -4 points but that it is basically an Indiana home game and the line is only -4 points.

Seems like it’s too easy to take Indiana and what most amateurs bettors would think this is “easy money”

Doesn’t usually work out that way.
Last edited by seattlecowboy on Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 127 times

“don’t shoot it great from the outside”

Meet “Mr Drake Jeffthrees and company”. Morons - and I normally like Indiana.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Indiana literally shoots slightly lower 3pt% than us. That being said, they're playing well right now and most of their losses to amazing teams down the stretch have been really close and they've won big games. We'll need maldo and ike to do their thing and shoot our average or better from 3. Its a tough matchup. It'll be interesting to see if they double maldo and Ike or stay 1 on 1 and try to win with better talent. Ike is as good as anyone, he'll get a little more savy with age and adjust to how they guard him. Lately, he's been forcing his game a little too much
W-Y, Until I Die!
iubhounds
Buckaroo

That sample of fans is very small and very poor example. Yes, there are "keyboard pounders" on all team forums. Many fans that go to the game I know, are not even on the Internet forums. As a whole the Indiana fan base respects your time, record and conference ... after all one of ours is coaching at Nevada :)

I think it will be close and down to the final minuted before the winner is decided. I just hope it's my team.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

IU hoops Twitter hs over 1M followers while IU football has only 100k. I’m sure no one cares, but I found that to be interesting
iubhounds
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:05 pm IU hoops Twitter hs over 1M followers while IU football has only 100k. I’m sure no one cares, but I found that to be interesting
It is unless you witness the two programs as I have since the 1960s. Remember Indiana as a state is all basketball until Peyton Manning and the Colts then football interest increased but its still a huge basketball state.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

iubhounds wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:11 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:05 pm IU hoops Twitter hs over 1M followers while IU football has only 100k. I’m sure no one cares, but I found that to be interesting
It is unless you witness the two programs as I have since the 1960s. Remember Indiana as a state is all basketball until Peyton Manning and the Colts then football interest increased but its still a huge basketball state.
I love the basketball legacy of the state of Indiana. Plus it's a solid red state, which I like.
iubhounds
Buckaroo

[/quote]
I love the basketball legacy of the state of Indiana. Plus it's a solid red state, which I like.
[/quote]

A red state is one reason I moved back from Arizona this past spring. The other reason was my house was 10 miles from the border. That is all I will say about that.

Good luck tonight ... it will be a good game to watch. I have been clock watching all day.