MWC Tournament vs. UNLV

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

I’m calling it right now.

CSU or San Diego St will lose tonight. All the top seeds won yesterday and today so far. One of them will lose tonight. Utah St could beat CSU

One of them will lose though.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:09 pm I’m calling it right now.

CSU or San Diego St will lose tonight. All the top seeds won yesterday and today so far. One of them will lose tonight. Utah St could beat CSU

We cannot have a team seeded below us win this tournament. This was a big win. Beat Boise and we’re back in the drivers seat. I still think we could be on the outside after this win if other conference tournaments go against us.
W-Y, Until I Die!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Don't see it happening. In fact, I think both of tonight's games will be blowouts.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:24 pm

We cannot have a team seeded below us win this tournament. This was a big win. Beat Boise and we’re back in the drivers seat. I still think we could be on the outside after this win if other conference tournaments go against us.
Wyoming is already in. You don’t have to worry about it anymore.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:36 pm

Don't see it happening. In fact, I think both of tonight's games will be blowouts.
We will see. You don’t hardly ever (and I mean hardly ever) see every higher seed win in the first 2 rounds in conference tournaments. There is almost always a lower seed that wins. Like in the 95 percentile.

Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

The T&M was rockin. Great win. Can’t wait for tomorrow
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Boy oh boy, was that a fun one, sitting up high at The T&M i was nervous when they were up 4 but I kept telling myself the game wasn't over and we'd find a way to get er done. No one near me thought it'd happen but i had a great feeling coming down here to LV....and tomorrow is gonna be even better!!! Beat the Ponies and the rest will take care of itself!!! This was a tournament get in game, but wth let's get 2 more!!!
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:36 pm

Wrong already. Lol
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Looks like San Diego St is going home lol

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

:shock: see
seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:11 pm

I don’t share your optimism. If Fresno somehow won the tournament, we’d 100% get f-word.

I won’t stop worrying unless we win the tournament or until selection Sunday. I still remember being co-regular season champs and going to NIT.
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:16 pm :shock: see
seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:11 pm

I don’t share your optimism. If Fresno somehow won the tournament, we’d 100% get f##k[#].

I won’t stop worrying unless we win the tournament or until selection Sunday. I still remember being co-regular season champs and going to NIT.
That’s okay. You don’t have to share my optimism. You are welcome to worry all weekend lol…

I’m not even optimistic, I just know Wyoming is already in.

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Well the good news is since all higher seeds have won that there is a 99% chance that at least one of the lower seeds wins tomorrow and a decent chance both lower seeds win.

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:40 pm Well the good news is since all higher seeds have won that there is a 99% chance that at least one of the lower seeds wins tomorrow and a decent chance both lower seeds win.
And we can’t get csu’d like we did to them in 15’

Is there any ranking system that doesn’t like us as much that could prove worrisome? I
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:58 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:40 pm Well the good news is since all higher seeds have won that there is a 99% chance that at least one of the lower seeds wins tomorrow and a decent chance both lower seeds win.
And we can’t get csu’d like we did to them in 15’

Is there any ranking system that doesn’t like us as much that could prove worrisome? I
ESPN’s BPI and Sagarin both don’t like us much. BPI hates us and if the committee went by it then Wyoming wouldn’t even make the NIT.

Good thing they don’t just go by either of those 2.

Wyoming is in for sure now. Just depends if we are going to be playing a play in game or not.

If Wyoming wants to make sure they don’t have to play one of the playin games then beating Boise St. will do the trick.

In 21 years of the MWC tournament, there hasn’t been a year where at least a team with the lower seed didn’t win at least one game. In like 19 out of 21 there have been at least 2 or more games where the lower seeded team won games.

So odds are basically over 95% that either Wyoming or San Diego St wins a game tonight. At least 50% chance both teams win. If neither win then I would put all my money on CSU beating Boise in the championship game.

Wyoming still undefeated (4-0) as a #4 seeded team in the MWC tournament.

CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I like Wyoming's chances tonight. Of the 3 remaining teams, the Pokes match up better with BSU than CSU or SDSU. I actually think the Pokes pull of the win tonight and meet SDSU in the championship.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

CowboyNV wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:27 am I like Wyoming's chances tonight. Of the 3 remaining teams, the Pokes match up better with BSU than CSU or SDSU. I actually think the Pokes pull of the win tonight and meet SDSU in the championship.
Ike and Maldo were a combined 9-27 from the field with 11 turnovers. Jeffries was 2-7 and has been shooting the ball horribly as of late. We need much better out of at least 2 of these guys to have a real shot tonight.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

We could be the last one in and I wouldn't care. As long as we get in. A trip to the dance validates our extremely successful season. We need that banner
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Indiana and Texas A&M are both in now after their wins.

Probably knocks Xavier out and maybe Wake Forest.

Edit:

Actually Texas A&M probably needs to win one more game to get in for sure but they are close now.

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyoming lost one of their quad 1 wins because Boise dropped from 30 in NET to 31. So Wyoming only has 3 quad 1 wins now instead of 4.