Recruiting….

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

We have kid from Texas coming in next year. Any word on other offers? Shooting guards ? Point guards, jucos, transfers. ?
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:02 am We have kid from Texas coming in next year. Any word on other offers? Shooting guards ? Point guards, jucos, transfers. ?
We've got several redshirts on the bench this year. Recruiting is going to be goofy for a while. We've technically got 3 seniors on the roster, but they all still have 1 year left to play. I would guess that Maldonado is going pro. Hunter Thompson will still be on the roster next year. Drake Jeffries is a wild card, but I think we'll see him in brown and gold again next season too.

EDIT: 247sports shows that we still have a few open offers out there
https://247sports.com/college/wyoming/S ... ll/Offers/
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

As WYO1016 stated,

Only way we have an open spot for another scholarship is if Maldonado decides to leave. Not sure what he will do yet , but most likely his stock can’t get much better than it is now unless he works on his 3 point shot and comes back and wants to show that skill. He will most likely be gone to play pro in Europe so he can get paid well.

We only have Caden Powell coming in but he will be a great partner with Ike. Caden is 6’11 and about 220 I think. He is more of a shot blocker also than Ike is. He can pass well for a big man and score also.

One thing to watch for though is that the coaches may decide someone won’t get their scholarship renewed and have a talk with a player or two and let them know they would be better off going to another school to get more playing time and then a scholarship can open up that way as well.

Guess we will see after the year.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

If we can have 2 three pointer shoots on the wings with Ike and maldonado. We will dominate. We need a juco sharpshooter to come in.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

I'm very very excited for Caden Powell. His highlight tape looks great. He plays in a really competitive scene in TX and does very well.
GoGoPokes
Buckaroo

Hopefully someone will emerge as a more athletic big. Ike has tremendous skill which makes up for a lack of athleticism that we have seen recently against the top tier MWC opponents. In watching these last few weeks closer, I would say that Ike moves about like Ugo did post his knee problems…
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Who’s redshirting that will contribute next year? Is grigsby going to contribute a lot or is he hunter t junior? Will the Irish kid develop? Who do we have currently on the roster that will be good?
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:39 pm Who’s redshirting that will contribute next year? Is grigsby going to contribute a lot or is he hunter t junior? Will the Irish kid develop? Who do we have currently on the roster that will be good?
Barnhart 7 footer

Grigsby 6’9

Nelson 6’10 Irishman

Ben Bowen 6’5 guard

Dut First team all America JUCO

Foster - trying to get medical redshirt

Cory Roberson 6’0 guard

Plus everyone else on the roster can come back if they want because of Covid.

Not sure if Linder is going to tell anyone to leave or if they work with them to develop in the off season and everyone comes back.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Wyoming is still offering guys in the class of 2022. We just offered a 4 star SF Bobi Klintman a couple of weeks ago.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I'm expecting attrition. Thompson graduated. I think he's gone. I wouldn't be surprised if more guys leave.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Old-Bull wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:12 pm I'm expecting attrition. Thompson graduated. I think he's gone. I wouldn't be surprised if more guys leave.
I had heard someone that knows the Thompsons said he is coming back awhile ago. After today though when Maldonado, Jeffries and Thompson got honored on senior day makes me think all 3 are gone.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Don’t read anything into the guys that got honored being gone. Totally possible they could come back

If foster can get healthy he is a really quality player. Instant upgrade to our roster there