Border War part 1....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

The only thing not epic about this match-up is the fact that it's being played on a Monday night. When's the last time there's been this much on the line(and the standings) for a basketball game with the sheep?

In Linder's post game press conference he was calling for a crowd of 12,000. That might be a little ambitious but my daughter and I will make up 2 of however many, and, boy would I love it to be 12,000. Hopefully all of the student section, the majority of Laramie's natives, and the entire traveling Cheyenne fan base will make the trip. The last home game was a great atmosphere for the last few seasons, but it's nothing when you think of the crowds that have been in the Dome of Doom.

CSU....coming off a bad home loss, is going to be fired up. They're trying to hold onto at large chances at this point and have a lot of hard work to do to win their 6th basketball title in 122 seasons of basketball.

Wyoming is still sitting in first in the Brandenburg standings. We need to protect the home court and pick up another win that may end up quad 1.

This is a big one Poke fans. Help turn the AA into the Dome of Doom again.

Let's go. Beat the Sheep.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

We need to defend home court!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Linder and the team need to review the AFA game tape, Then not play CSU anything like that.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Regardless we hafta play our game, no excuses and people need to show up if it's important to them. If we want to be taken seriously we HAFTA GET IT DONE.

Them at large, haaaa look at that pitiful schedule early, which is gonna haunt them here forward
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

What a huge week for our young Cowboys: 16-2 CSU on Monday and first place Boise on Thursday.

Damn we need the fans to show up in force.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Really hoping to be there Monday night for the first time in years if everything works out, possibly +1 or 2..... Sucks living 2 states away essentially. I've been trying to find info on gameday policies and such and can't seem to find anything. Just wondering if there's any restrictions in place or is everything pretty much full go? Thanks!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

I found this on CSU's message board, planning an invasion at McAlisters
I’m hosting a pregame Comeback Tour launch party at Laramie McAlisters

Maybe Wyo fans can pack the place b4 them, lol
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

stymeman wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:51 pm I found this on CSU's message board, planning an invasion at McAlisters
I’m hosting a pregame Comeback Tour launch party at Laramie McAlisters

Maybe Wyo fans can pack the place b4 them, lol
An "invasion", when it comes to CSU's travelling fan base is about 6 people, as I recall. Has anyone ever seen more than 50 of them at any event outside of Fort Collins?

We'll see how 16-2 and their best chance at winning their 6th MWC title in 122 years of basketball gets them riled up, but I don't think I've ever seen more than 50 of them in the AA ever.

Invasion.....we'll see.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Really wanted to make it up for this, but work had other ideas. Agree though, this is as big as this game has been for a number of years.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

I want to know whose brilliant idea it was to have a "whiteout" game. All of my Wyoming apparel is brown or gold, or even grey. Plus, I never knew white was one of our school colors. But ok, I guess. I'll just wear white and it won't have any UW logos on it.
csewe colors are green and white - is this for them?
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:13 pm I want to know whose brilliant idea it was to have a "whiteout" game. All of my Wyoming apparel is brown or gold, or even grey. Plus, I never knew white was one of our school colors. But ok, I guess. I'll just wear white and it won't have any UW logos on it.
Seriously. When I first heard “whiteout” the first thing that came to mind were some horrifying drives through Shirley Basin in white out conditions.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

It’s a white out because of this:

The Uniforms for tomorrow are white. I guess especially for the Border War. Since the Wyoming state flag is red, white and blue. Trim is red and blue on the uniforms.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I'm against ripping off peoples ideas and selling them as your own. In this case I might make an exception. It's no secret Colorado State had their "state pride" uniforms before Wyoming had ours. That was their idea.

This seems like some upper level trolling for us to wear an idea we stole from our opponents against those same opponents. That should definitely annoy some people down south.

It's the Border War. I guess I'll stifle my vomit from borrowing CSU's state flag uniforms just because it probably pisses off a lot of people in Fort Collins.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Surely they could have found a better version of Ragtime Cowboy Joe!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:13 pm I want to know whose brilliant idea it was to have a "whiteout" game. All of my Wyoming apparel is brown or gold, or even grey. Plus, I never knew white was one of our school colors. But ok, I guess. I'll just wear white and it won't have any UW logos on it.
Agree white out is retarded. I will be wearing gold
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Is there ANYTHING you all WON'T whine about? lol
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Old-Bull wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:37 pm I'm against ripping off peoples ideas and selling them as your own. In this case I might make an exception. It's no secret Colorado State had their "state pride" uniforms before Wyoming had ours. That was their idea.

This seems like some upper level trolling for us to wear an idea we stole from our opponents against those same opponents. That should definitely annoy some people down south.

It's the Border War. I guess I'll stifle my vomit from borrowing CSU's state flag uniforms just because it probably pisses off a lot of people in Fort Collins.
Wyoming didn’t rip this off. Wyoming wore these uniforms last year when we played CSU. So it’s just the same uniforms from last year.

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

stymeman
Bronco-Buster

If I remember last year didn't we beat them in these unis?? I don't like the white neither, but sure hoping our fellas are focused and up to the task....lets show the sheeeep whos boss. All these CSU pukes invading the AA need to be silenced as well...Go Pokes!!

Its being discussed on CSUs Ram Rumblings