Is it 2004?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
socalpoke82
Buckaroo

I managed to find this lovely article I'm sure poke fans remember prior to the 2004 Las Vegas Bowl. And in the spirit of all the smack talk already brewing for the upcoming New Mexico Bowl, I figured I would post this, seeing as it so strangely similar to many other articles already being posted.

http://www.dailybruin.com/articles/2004 ... es-the-qu/
The Road
Ranch Hand

Everyone is the state of California hates any place that has wide open spaces and isn't filled with smog and subdivisions. It makes them grumpy.

Why do all these articles include personal attacks on the people/state of Wyoming? Lame.
socalpoke82
Buckaroo

Yeah, I haven't figured that out yet either, and I live in LA.
katjust
Buckaroo

I remember reading that article in '04. I also remember a young UCLA fan (probably a student) holding a sign at the game (trying to get on ESPN) that said "Even Satisfied Playing Nobody(Wyoming)". Which I don't think was as much a put down on Wyoming as it was on UCLA.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Well, it certainly seems like it. A team thinking that they deserve someone better, complaining about how screwed they were, and and then, 4 years ago, the Bruins were forced to shut up. I REALLY want the Pokes to do the same with the Bulldogs.

A bit off topic, but why name a team after a breed of dog that has an incredibly short life span, plagued by health problems, and one of the most docile breeds of dog there is?
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Maybe my best moment of Wyoming fandom in the last 10 years...

As I was walking out of Sam Boyd after the Wyo win vs. ucla, I walked up on some twerp talking on his cell. He was pissing and moaning to the other person how "this was the worst loss in the history of ucla football" I was able to look him in the eye, smile from ear to ear and pat the WYO of my sweatshirt with pride as I walked by. They had nothin...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

HiCountryCowboy wrote:Maybe my best moment of Wyoming fandom in the last 10 years...

As I was walking out of Sam Boyd after the Wyo win vs. ucla, I walked up on some twerp talking on his cell. He was pissing and moaning to the other person how "this was the worst loss in the history of ucla football" I was able to look him in the eye, smile from ear to ear and pat the WYO of my sweatshirt with pride as I walked by. They had nothin...
Shoulda told them.....

"It coulda been worse. You coulda lost to a WAC school!!!"
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

That UCLA game was the most exciting game to watch i went nuts... that article is funny