Wyoming Football Should Winterkill

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I think WYO should evaluate this plan:

UAB did it...and they beat the team behind the Zion Curtain this year in a bowl game:

The UAB football program was terminated after the 2014 season but was reinstated shortly thereafter. The team went on hiatus for two seasons before returning in 2017. UAB won both its first conference championship and bowl game in program history in 2018.

Fire the staff, fire all the admin - all AD's included especially dead weight like the CJC guy, fire all the support staff, terminate all scholarships (keep the equipment gang for a few weeks to help burn it all to ashes, and keep the strength guys with their Big A$$ Chains to work as janitors around campus) - and start over. f-word it, treat it like you would a meth-house, demolish the f-word.

:whocares:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Wow, that would be drastic. Nor would it be feasible without other cuts because football revenues help subsidize other sports.

But - in today's world, I don't think there really is such thing as a 'death penalty' in college football. Stop playing for a few years and come back...well hell just use the transfer portal to create a brand new team rather than a team full of underclassmen.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:31 pm Wow, that would be drastic. Nor would it be feasible without other cuts because football revenues help subsidize other sports.

But - in today's world, I don't think there really is such thing as a 'death penalty' in college football. Stop playing for a few years and come back...well hell just use the transfer portal to create a brand new team rather than a team full of underclassmen.
Cut away. Cut the head off. Disembowel. Remove the limbs. Whatever needs to be done to start over.

As proven by UAB, you can shut it down for a few years, and come back much, much stronger.
Dear Karma,

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Or just get a new athletics director
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:42 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:31 pm Wow, that would be drastic. Nor would it be feasible without other cuts because football revenues help subsidize other sports.

Cut away. Cut the head off. Disembowel. Remove the limbs. Whatever needs to be done to start over.

As proven by UAB, you can shut it down for a few years, and come back much, much stronger.
That would destroy the program. Lot easier to recruit to UAB (surrounded by states with an abundance of good football players) than to Laramie.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

We would be booted out of the MWC and I very much doubt we would be allowed back in. Teams hate to travel to Laramie and we would be relegated to FCS status, at best. It's hard to imagine a more disastrous move.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

/sarcasm :shock:
Dear Karma,

Steamboat
Buckaroo

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:55 pm
McPeachy wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:42 pm

That would destroy the program. Lot easier to recruit to UAB (surrounded by states with an abundance of good football players) than to Laramie.
Bohl/Burman have done (nearly) the same thing without having to shut down the program.