What could have been……

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

2021 could have been the year. If the offense would have been opened up earlier. Pokes have some talented skill players. Woulda coulda shoulda. :tickedoff:
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, they're all guilt words lol
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

Had this offense been around earlier, 11-0 and nationally ranked heading into season finale against poor Hawaii? Gawd, I hate seasons like this. Had a simple decision been made a lot sooner.... :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:41 pm 2021 could have been the year. If the offense would have been opened up earlier. Pokes have some talented skill players. Woulda coulda shoulda. :tickedoff:
Has nothing to do with the offense being opened up.

Has everything to do with Williams finally getting a chance to play and in his 3rd or 4th game figured it out. He is throwing the ball great tonight which in turn helped everything else open up.

If they would have started him at the beginning of the year, I agree with you that conference play would have been different entirely. Oh well, as they say around these parts “there’s always next year”

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:16 pm
WyoVaquero wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:41 pm 2021 could have been the year. If the offense would have been opened up earlier. Pokes have some talented skill players. Woulda coulda shoulda. :tickedoff:

Has everything to do with Williams finally getting a chance to play and in his 3rd or 4th game figured it out. He is throwing the ball great tonight which in turn helped everything else open up.

If they would have started him at the beginning of the year, I agree with you that conference play would have been different entirely. Oh well, as they say around these parts “there’s always next year
I hate that cliche!!! I want championships NOW!!!! Been over 30 years since our last outright championship. 30. f-word. YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 14 times

Williams was dropping dimes on Neyor tonight. Those who kept insisting that he didn't have an arm can enjoy a bit of crow.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

If they would have started him at the beginning of the year, I agree with you that conference play would have been different entirely. Oh well, as they say around these parts “there’s always next year”
This is the correct assessment. It's possible we drop some of the first 4 games though.
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:21 pm

This is the correct assessment. It's possible we drop some of the first 4 games though.
We may have but would Williams have been any worse then Chambers really? Who knows. Wasn’t the toughest out of conference schedule but never know.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 135 times

Levi is the first semblance of an FBS QB since Josh. He definitely surprised me with some of his throws.

With that said, line play was phenomenal. I know, I know, the POKES weren't 1 dimensional so it was easier for the line. On the 90+ yarder, you can't load the box anymore than they did. You can talk about completions or whatever but that was the best the line played. The POKES' size up front and quick hitting run plays blew up the smaller and faster usu line.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:16 pm He is throwing the ball great tonight which in turn helped everything else open up.
But It seemed that he was hardly being pressured at all. Could that account for the success?
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:32 am Levi is the first semblance of an FBS QB since Josh. He definitely surprised me with some of his throws.

With that said, line play was phenomenal. I know, I know, the POKES weren't 1 dimensional so it was easier for the line. On the 90+ yarder, you can't load the box anymore than they did. You can talk about completions or whatever but that was the best the line played. The POKES' size up front and quick hitting run plays blew up the smaller and faster usu line.
Beautiful hole opened by the line, and you're right they over committed to stopping the run and once Swen hit the second level it was tail lights for the USU defense. Levi was making great reads all night too. Felt like everything clicked for once and it without a doubt started with physical play.