Is season salvageable to you?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 131 times

I hate being a debbie downer on this, but I was just thinking about the upcoming games. I'm always cheering for the POKES to win, so don't get me wrong. However, this season has been such a disappointment that I'm not sure 2 wins and bowl game will make me feel any better about the program or the future of the program. I guess it will be better than losing 2 games; maybe I'm just a spoiled fan.

Again, don't get me wrong. I'm hoping the guys play hard and get to go to a bowl for them. I hope they have a lot of fun and finish strong. It's just that my personal interest level has dropped substantially.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 239 times

The overall season is a disappointment to me even if we win out.

But the next few games are critical as far as the hope that I have for the program over the next few years. If this team comes out and competes and wins out, I'll be invested and excited for the spring game and next year (hope springs eternal). Heck, I might even go to the bowl game (I've had a good time at the New Mexico Bowl in the past). If the team packs it in (which I don't expect because Bohl's teams haven't seemed to have ever packed it in), then I will likely be checked out until there are some big changes within the program.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 248 times

If we can win out (two wins and a bowl win) and score 30+ points/game while throwing for 200+ yards/game I'll feel a little bit better.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

I want to say I'm checked out but I'm a soft touch to a winning cowboys team. I know that if they win out and win a bowl game... I'll be super stoked.... But I think we can be happy for them and enjoy the wins and still hate that we have a terrible offensive head coach.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Nope.

I was furious with the on field product at 4-0.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

7-6 or maybe, hopefully 8-5? The season will still be a major disappointment given the build up and expectations going into this season.

Also, the conference bowl tie-ins are SO BAD that I just struggle to get too excited about playing 6-6 or 7-5 Middle Tennessee St, Georgia St or Central Michigan in Boise or ABQ.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Too many other MW teams have qualified for bowls already, we'd have to win both to even be considered at 7-5...cuz there's NO way we'll get into anything at 6-6......nor frankly do we belong in one with such a roller coaster ride this season has been...say we do get in at 6-6 and get a New Mexico Bowl, I might go for my 3rd time. Mostly to eat more Green Chile, lol....
I'm kinda checked out and excited for our Pokes on the hardwood, love our depth
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

stymeman wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:51 pm Too many other MW teams have qualified for bowls already, we'd have to win both to even be considered at 7-5...cuz there's NO way we'll get into anything at 6-6......nor frankly do we belong in one with such a roller coaster ride this season has been...say we do get in at 6-6 and get a New Mexico Bowl, I might go for my 3rd time. Mostly to eat more Green Chile, lol....
I'm kinda checked out and excited for our Pokes on the hardwood, love our depth
Fortunately/unfortunately it appears that a 6-6 Wyoming will make a bowl game because of the likely inability of other conferences to fill their bowls. But I hope this team plays like a bowl is only a possibility of 7-5.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 68 times

Utah state has won 5 in a row and looks ready to play in the MWC game. Not without JA have we beaten a team this high in the standings at home or on the road in Bohl's entire tenure. In fact, I don't remember the last time we beat a MWC team that had a winning record. It would be a herculean achievement to win this week. So, yes, I think the season would be salvaged by winning this week.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 116 times

Nope. Total waste of a season. Even if we do get bowl eligible there's no way in hell I'd travel to watch this team get its collective ass kicked by another mediocre team. I remember the New Mexico Bowl in 2011. Not doing that again.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 248 times

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:52 am Utah state has won 5 in a row and looks ready to play in the MWC game. Not without JA have we beaten a team this high in the standings at home or on the road in Bohl's entire tenure. In fact, I don't remember the last time we beat a MWC team that had a winning record. It would be a herculean achievement to win this week. So, yes, I think the season would be salvaged by winning this week.
Gotta agree with you here. there's like a 5% chance we win Saturday
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

If Wyoming loses the next two games, Bohl will have a conference record of 26-36, or .419 winning percentage. Oddly enough, a 5-7 overall record this year also gives him a .417 winning percentage (I'm starting to see a pattern here). No matter how you slice it, his performance at Wyoming has been below average.

This season was over for me before it started, especially with the OOC cupcake schedule that the Pokes struggled with. I don't see this getting better next year or the year after. I'm hoping for a great basketball season, but I'm pretty much over Wyoming football for the next few years under Bohl. He's another in a long line of overpaid failed experiments.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:25 am
bladerunnr wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:52 am Utah state has won 5 in a row and looks ready to play in the MWC game. Not without JA have we beaten a team this high in the standings at home or on the road in Bohl's entire tenure. In fact, I don't remember the last time we beat a MWC team that had a winning record. It would be a herculean achievement to win this week. So, yes, I think the season would be salvaged by winning this week.
Gotta agree with you here. there's like a 5% chance we win Saturday
ESPN gives Wyoming a 32.5% chance of winning. I believe that is more accurate. Utah State is not an elite team.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /401310750
wwplayer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 8 times

Not really. For some crazy reason, i keep coming on this board and follow the games (mostly Gamecast on ESPN). Maybe it's just habit. Maybe just boredom. Although I was born/raised in Wyo and got my degree at UW, I haven't even been back to visit for quite a few years, and haven't lived there for a LOT longer than that. Other than a few alumni things, my only real connection for a long time has been through football and basketball. Really starting not to care. Gave up on pro sports some time ago (lots of reasons) and now will maybe blow off the college stuff, too (we'll see what the BB team does.....). Really a shame. As for a potential bowl game - who cares? My opinion is that there are way too many bowls, and teams that are 6-6 or even 7-5 don't deserve it.