Name you don't know but will...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:19 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:31 am Ralph Fawaz. Punter and kickoffs.

Yea it seems pretty lame naming a punter but the team is extremely deep with experience. Fawaz appears to have the leg the Pokes have been missing the last few years. It’s been frustrating playing against teams with punters that could shift the field position while Wyoming could not.
Conference freshman of the week. Pretty impressive for the newcomer!
Nice call!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Great kid and he worked a ton in the last year. From 2020 to 2021, he has easily added 10-15 yards to his distance. Even a little improvement over the next 4 years and he could be all- conference material.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Yea it seems pretty lame naming a punter but the team is extremely deep with experience. Fawaz appears to have the leg the Pokes have been missing the last few years. It’s been frustrating playing against teams with punters that could shift the field position while Wyoming could not.
I missed this. Great call!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:42 am

Is it good - to have a punter as freshman of the week (a punter)? I get it is crucial, and Saturday was the best punt-game I have seen from a Bohl team...with the exception of coverage on one, lol.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:12 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:42 am

Is it good - to have a punter as freshman of the week (a punter)? I get it is crucial, and Saturday was the best punt-game I have seen from a Bohl team...with the exception of coverage on one, lol.
Given Bohl’s coaching philosophy, having a good punter is critical. It has been mind blowing of our inability to find a decent punter, or a kicker to consistently kick it through the endzone on kickoffs, to come to Laramie during Bohl’s tenure.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:50 pm Given Bohl’s coaching philosophy, having a good punter is critical. It has been mind blowing of our inability to find a decent punter, or a kicker to consistently kick it through the endzone on kickoffs, to come to Laramie during Bohl’s tenure.
No doubt about that...it really has been mind blowing. Kickoffs were the best I have seen...and punting as well...when it comes to Bohl's 8 years at the helm.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:24 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:50 pm Given Bohl’s coaching philosophy, having a good punter is critical. It has been mind blowing of our inability to find a decent punter, or a kicker to consistently kick it through the endzone on kickoffs, to come to Laramie during Bohl’s tenure.
No doubt about that...it really has been mind blowing. Kickoffs were the best I have seen...and punting as well...when it comes to Bohl's 8 years at the helm.
Definitely. Special teams will be an asset this year.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.