Wyoming @ Texas State

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:34 pm I wonder how much of our troubles were related to the heat? We had under 4 yards per carry in this game, which isn't exactly a recipe for success when you're also 8/18 in the air with only 5.7 yards per attempt.

Last week we averaged 7.1 yards per carry against a MUCH faster and more talented defense.
If the humidity was high it would have a big impact on the game, probably more so than heat.
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:25 pm Well, we know we need to make some serious strides on offense (mainly in the passing game), but the RBs are looking really good. And Swen, REALLY liking what I'm seeing from him as a True Freshmen. Kind of reminds me of a smaller Brian Hill in the way he just keeps going forward and hitting small holes for good gains.
I was watching Chamber's post game interview on Wyovision. I think he has a good head on his shoulder and good attitude. I think we will see improvements on the offense and yeah I am liking the running backs as well. Here is hoping that things start clicking verse Idaho this weekend.

I also want to say that I also like the discipline in this team. There are far fewer boneheaded penalties under Bohl than DC. This game there was the punt returner interference, but otherwise they have been playing well disciplined, low penalty football.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

What I noticed was receivers making catches on contested balls. Marcotte’s catch was amazing. Gentry I think has a great one too I think it was that someone else on the deep sideline
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:13 pm What I noticed was receivers making catches on contested balls. Marcotte’s catch was amazing. Gentry I think has a great one too I think it was that someone else on the deep sideline
I think the Marcotte one was encouraging not only in that he somehow caught it, but he also got into a position to do so. Dude's built for mismatches. A 6'7 guy who can get the ball like that? And he's a freaking Freshman!