Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Post Reply
WyoBuckeye
Buckaroo
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 6:56 am
Location: Laramie

Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Post by WyoBuckeye » Sat May 04, 2019 4:02 pm

Lots of d-bags in Powell who'll travel all the way to Laramie to watch our hapless Pokes on the grid iron cheering "Go Pokes".

Any other douche bag fan basers from other Wyoming Towns? Green River or Newcastle, perhaps?

User avatar
'PokeForLife
Ranch Hand
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Re: Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Post by 'PokeForLife » Sat May 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Did your dog die, or did you have money on Maximum Security winning the Kentucky derby? Something pissed you off. Get left by your wife for the third time? Man you need to find a hobby.

OrediggerPoke
WyoNation Addict
Posts: 3320
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:57 am

Re: Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Post by OrediggerPoke » Sun May 05, 2019 9:31 pm

'PokeForLife wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 6:45 pm
Did your dog die, or did you have money on Maximum Security winning the Kentucky derby? Something pissed you off. Get left by your wife for the third time? Man you need to find a hobby.
Not going to waste time looking it up but Dino probably got fired from his radio gig again.

User avatar
SDPokeFan
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1716
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:53 pm
Location: South Dakota

Re: Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Post by SDPokeFan » Mon May 06, 2019 2:35 pm

WyoBuckeye wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 4:02 pm
Lots of d-bags in Powell who'll travel all the way to Laramie to watch our hapless Pokes on the grid iron cheering "Go Pokes".

Any other douche bag fan basers from other Wyoming Towns? Green River or Newcastle, perhaps?
I live in the Black Hills. That's close to Newcastle. Does that count?

powellpoke
Buckaroo
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:45 pm

Re: Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Post by powellpoke » Mon May 06, 2019 10:15 pm

Born, raised, wife and I are UW grads, and live in Powell. You probably wouldn’t believe that the amount of diehard Pokes fans that are up here, but there are tons. Lots of kids from kindergarten to hs seniors wear Pokes gear loud and proud. We get to at least one game per year and sometimes two depending on kid activities and how generous the elk God’s are that particular year (19 consecutive years successful) 6.5 hours to Laramie one way - depending on pit stops. It does get old reading about people bitching about how only true Pokes fans go to games, but you fine sir can eat a dick. Damn near every game we are part of a UW game watch party of which you will never be welcome. I am offended that you would brand Powell as a douchebag fanbase. I’d be more than happy to discuss the issue in person. :thumb:
Go Pokes!!! :thumb:

User avatar
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:28 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Post by CowboyNV » Tue May 07, 2019 3:13 am

powellpoke wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:15 pm
Born, raised, wife and I are UW grads, and live in Powell. You probably wouldn’t believe that the amount of diehard Pokes fans that are up here, but there are tons. Lots of kids from kindergarten to hs seniors wear Pokes gear loud and proud. We get to at least one game per year and sometimes two depending on kid activities and how generous the elk God’s are that particular year (19 consecutive years successful) 6.5 hours to Laramie one way - depending on pit stops. It does get old reading about people bitching about how only true Pokes fans go to games, but you fine sir can eat a dick. Damn near every game we are part of a UW game watch party of which you will never be welcome. I am offended that you would brand Powell as a douchebag fanbase. I’d be more than happy to discuss the issue in person. :thumb:
It's just Costa stirring up shit since all he has to do is spew his crap during the middle of the night in some backwards AM radio station in St. Louis with a half dozen truck drivers for an audience. Don't let him get under your skin. The best thing to do for Dino Costa is simply ignore his ass. He's been trolling here under all kinds of aliases since he was banned a while back. Like the turd that he is, he keeps surfacing occasionally, but at some point will sink back into the sewer from which he came.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.

User avatar
LanderPoke
Bronco-Buster
Posts: 6169
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:47 pm
Location: Laramie

Re: Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Post by LanderPoke » Tue May 07, 2019 9:13 am

It is an interesting topic, however. The two worst towns for Pokes fans, or the towns that support the Pokes the least are probably Jackson and Gillette. Lots of transplants in both places and both demographics are douchy for different reasons. Gillette is getting better as an ever increasing percent of its population is Wyoming-born and support the Pokes, but Jackson is trending in the opposite direction. I would be fine 100% if we gave Jackson and its politics and politicians to Montana or Idaho

Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: Under the evening shadow of the Bighorns

Re: Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Post by Expat_Poke » Wed May 08, 2019 2:16 pm

Let me guess rejected for a job in Powell, or maybe a woman? I feel legit sorry for this person, seriously wake up, you are meant for more than this.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville

OrediggerPoke
WyoNation Addict
Posts: 3320
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:57 am

Re: Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Post by OrediggerPoke » Wed May 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Expat_Poke wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:16 pm
Let me guess rejected for a job in Powell, or maybe a woman? I feel legit sorry for this person, seriously wake up, you are meant for more than this.
I'm assuming that Powell has a radio station. Probably a hard no when Dino expressed his interest :lol:

powellpoke
Buckaroo
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:45 pm

Re: Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Post by powellpoke » Fri May 10, 2019 7:34 pm

OrediggerPoke wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:48 pm
Expat_Poke wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:16 pm
Let me guess rejected for a job in Powell, or maybe a woman? I feel legit sorry for this person, seriously wake up, you are meant for more than this.
I'm assuming that Powell has a radio station. Probably a hard no when Dino expressed his interest :lol:
KPOW 1260. Scott Mangold’s station. Best radio guy in the state. He’d be an excellent replacement for Dave once he hangs his spurs up.
Go Pokes!!! :thumb:

castlerocker
Ranch Hand
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Post by castlerocker » Sun May 12, 2019 6:35 am

Jackson is trending in the opposite direction. I would be fine 100% if we gave Jackson and its politics and politicians to Montana or Idaho
There's lots of good fans in Jackson. Yes, they are educated, more affluent and some probably don't share your political views. Would you also give Idaho the mountains
and natural beauty that surrounds Jackson?

User avatar
LanderPoke
Bronco-Buster
Posts: 6169
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:47 pm
Location: Laramie

Re: Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Post by LanderPoke » Sun May 12, 2019 12:35 pm

castlerocker wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:35 am
Jackson is trending in the opposite direction. I would be fine 100% if we gave Jackson and its politics and politicians to Montana or Idaho
There's lots of good fans in Jackson. Yes, they are educated, more affluent and some probably don't share your political views. Would you also give Idaho the mountains
and natural beauty that surrounds Jackson?
If you go by CJC numbers then no there aren't a lot of Pokes fans in jackson. It's the lowest per capita. There might be some good ones, but for the most part no. It's too bad all naturally beautiful places seem to get spoiled

castlerocker
Ranch Hand
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Post by castlerocker » Sun May 12, 2019 1:03 pm

If you go by CJC numbers then no there aren't a lot of Pokes fans in jackson. It's the lowest per capita. There might be some good ones, but for the most part no. It's too bad all naturally beautiful places seem to get spoiled
You say 'all beautiful places seem to get spoiled' but the fact is that the natural beauty of the place has been preserved and not spoiled, unless you are saying that the place is spoiled because not everyone thinks as do you.

User avatar
LanderPoke
Bronco-Buster
Posts: 6169
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:47 pm
Location: Laramie

Re: Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Post by LanderPoke » Mon May 13, 2019 9:33 am

castlerocker wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 1:03 pm
If you go by CJC numbers then no there aren't a lot of Pokes fans in jackson. It's the lowest per capita. There might be some good ones, but for the most part no. It's too bad all naturally beautiful places seem to get spoiled
You say 'all beautiful places seem to get spoiled' but the fact is that the natural beauty of the place has been preserved and not spoiled, unless you are saying that the place is spoiled because not everyone thinks as do you.
Spoiled by over-development and congestion. Unless you like enjoying the outdoors shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of other people

Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Posts: 2043
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:28 pm
Location: Wherever I'm At

Re: Powell Wyoming, the #1 Poke Douchbag fanbase?

Post by Wyovanian » Wed May 15, 2019 4:37 pm

WyoBuckeye, the #1 Poke Douchbag (SIC) fan?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Winka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Post Reply