Bohl missed the boat with Chambers.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyobuck
Buckaroo

Sean's performance last night was spectacular, and in previous appearances excellent! Last night I though Josh was back somehow. How could Bohl continue to play vanderWaal after poor performance week after week. I truly believe if Sean would have been the starter from the beginning the Pokes would be on the top of the standings instead if the bottom.
Hopefully Bohl will have enough sense to stay with him for the remainder of the season and we can maybe finish 3rd, barring some stupid excuse like last week, that Sean did not have sufficient 2 minute drill experience. Choosing to go with vanderWaal instead leaving us with 4 bad passes and another loss.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

This is the same staff that didn’t start Josh Allen until an injury to the starter.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I'll give Bohl a pass. It's typically not ideal to start a true freshman QB, no matter how good they are.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

calpoke25 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:40 am This is the same staff that didn’t start Josh Allen until an injury to the starter.
Chambers threw 10 passes last night - only 3 were incomplete. One pass was thrown away, Okwali dropped one, and I can't remember the 3d. He throws with touch and accuracy. My concern is how many times he carries the ball. How long will he remain injury free with 15-20 carries per game? That aside, it is perplexing that it took game 8 to even give him a chance considering how ineffective TVW has been.

On the other hand, at least we don't have csewe's coaching situation. If nothing else over the years, csewe usually has had a decent offense and a good running game. They are a mess in every phase of the game now.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I just wish he had gotten a chance earlier in the season. Totally understand why he wasn't the starter week 1.

I'm also a bit worried about injuries as we're hosed if he goes down. But then again, we had auto-losses waiting for us with TVW or Smith starting.

Can't believe we grabbed another seemingly amazing QB talent right from under Fresno's nose. Sure - they DID offer Chambers, and he was committed to Rutgers, but we somehow still ended up getting him!
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

I'm not saying Bohl did everything right but obviously in practice something was not right for Chambers to start. It's easy for us to say but coaches aren't going to start a guy if they think another guy is ready and better. Chambers played well last night and it was exciting but he's got a long way to go. There's a lot that goes on that we don't know. There's no guarantee that Chambers would have brought us to victory in the previous losses. Chambers is in there now so why don't we just move on and quit trying to bag on the coaches for our past losses. Bohl didn't miss the boat...he recruited Chambers and he is a Cowboy. He needs to be developed, he will have some bad plays, he will make mistakes but he's going to be good. Maybe he just wasn't ready yet and now he is.

Time to quit crying about how things have happened this year and focus on now. We wanted offense, different plays and wins.....we are headed in the right direction.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Just stinks that we "wasted" this year's defense. They could've been amazing with more rest against some of our opponents.

On the other hand, I do hope we get another 3 years of Chambers. I don't think saving his redshirt's going to be worth it, because if he ends up looking really good, he'll leave early just like Smith and Allen.

That's a huge "if," though.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Personally, I'd like the option to have chambers for 4 more years, even if he does wind up leaving early..... which obviously is very premature discussion at this point.
If it's me I start tvw against San Jose st and chambers the last 2 games
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

The New Mexico st game bought too much time for TVW. The losses to Missouri and Wash st were easily written off. They probably should have considered him in the Hawaii or Fresno game. Yeah, they missed on him and now it’s too late. Here’s to the rest of the season. Go pokes
W-Y, Until I Die!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Than what do you do if you get bowl eligible? Sit him for the bowl?
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

FarmerPoke wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:10 pm Personally, I'd like the option to have chambers for 4 more years, even if he does wind up leaving early..... which obviously is very premature discussion at this point.
If it's me I start tvw against San Jose st and chambers the last 2 games
Momentum is a real thing. They need to start Chambers every game from here on out and if we win the next two games, sit down with him and decide if they want to burn his redshirt for s chance to go to a bowl game. If we lose one he needs to save it.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Looked more comfortable than TVW.

To be fair, CSU is terrible. I thought this game was similar to TVW's NMSU game, opponent too.

I like Chambers, though. Good start and looked like a much nicer touch on the ball.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:33 am Just stinks that we "wasted" this year's defense. They could've been amazing with more rest against some of our opponents.

On the other hand, I do hope we get another 3 years of Chambers. I don't think saving his redshirt's going to be worth it, because if he ends up looking really good, he'll leave early just like Smith and Allen.

That's a huge "if," though.
Chambers won’t be leaving early nor will he be an NFL draft pick. He doesn’t have the measurables. But he could be a damn good college QB.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Play to win now. The future holds no guarantees. Things happen from injuries to transfers. Besides, I'm getting old!😂
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

phxpoke wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:35 pm Play to win now. The future holds no guarantees. Things happen from injuries to transfers. Besides, I'm getting old!😂
AND...we haven't won an outright conference championship in THIRTY YEARS!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

phxpoke wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:35 pm Play to win now. The future holds no guarantees. Things happen from injuries to transfers. Besides, I'm getting old!😂
That's exactly right. There should be an open competition for qb every year. If Chambers plays well and starts the next 3 years, he will have played as much or more than every qb that has come through here. You play your best players and burn redshirts as necessary.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:28 pm The New Mexico st game bought too much time for TVW. The losses to Missouri and Wash st were easily written off. They probably should have considered him in the Hawaii or Fresno game. Yeah, they missed on him and now it’s too late. Here’s to the rest of the season. Go pokes
I totally agree and have tried making these points about the schedule and circumstances as to why they stuck w tvw. I've got an excuse for every question, but the poster who started the chambers thread nailed it. Wofford week. That's when he should've been given a "look" and then who knows
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:29 pm Than what do you do if you get bowl eligible? Sit him for the bowl?
Damn. Never thought of that w my let tvw handle San Jose plan.

Does bowl game really count as #5