Last 4 Games...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Looking over all the Bohl years, we are 7-16 against conference teams that have a conference record above .500.

2016 accounted for 4 wins and 1 loss (excluding conference champ). That means we are 3-15 in the other 4 years.

I want to get to where we can compete with P5 schools on our schedule, but it is clear that our current hurdle is to compete with the top half of the MWC. The trend indicates that we are struggling in that regard. Beating the top half of a relatively weak MWC is much more the measuring stick than the cupcakes.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'd love to consistently start beating everybody in our conference, including Boise and SDSU. It has to happen for us to start getting to 10 wins.

That said, three years in a row at .500 or over is a solid start to putting the program in the right direction. I'm a bit scared about next year just because of how much of our defense is graduating, but I've also been incredibly impressed by how well our young guys on the D-Line have filled the void of losing Ghaifan or covering for injuries. If our D-Line can stay consistently good, then so can the rest of our defense.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Yup. We have proven to be perfectly mediocre the past two years. Time to take the next step!!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:31 am I'd love to consistently start beating everybody in our conference, including Boise and SDSU. It has to happen for us to start getting to 10 wins.

That said, three years in a row at .500 or over is a solid start to putting the program in the right direction. I'm a bit scared about next year just because of how much of our defense is graduating, but I've also been incredibly impressed by how well our young guys on the D-Line have filled the void of losing Ghaifan or covering for injuries. If our D-Line can stay consistently good, then so can the rest of our defense.
For as thin as the depth on offense has seemed the past two years, Bohl has stocked the defensive side with deep talent. Wingard and Epps will be badly missed but I'm confident they can fill holes at linebacker and d-line just fine.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:06 am Looking over all the Bohl years, we are 7-16 against conference teams that have a conference record above .500.

2016 accounted for 4 wins and 1 loss (excluding conference champ). That means we are 3-15 in the other 4 years.

I want to get to where we can compete with P5 schools on our schedule, but it is clear that our current hurdle is to compete with the top half of the MWC. The trend indicates that we are struggling in that regard. Beating the top half of a relatively weak MWC is much more the measuring stick than the cupcakes.
I’d disagree that the top of the MWC is weak. There’s usually at least 2 or 3 ranked teams. I’d say the top 3rd is really good and the bottom 2/3 is pretty far behind the top 3rd. I’d put us on top of the 2/3rd considering our record you mentioned against the better teams. I’d also argue that everyone keeps including bohls first two years in their stats and I’d argue those years are fairly irrelevant. Most people agreed during those years that he would get a pass on them but now he doesn’t? Seems a little bizarre.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

We'll have to agree to disagree on the top 1/3. I think there is rarely if ever 4 high quality teams in the MWC. Sometimes there could be 1 high quality team and maybe a couple decent teams, but overall, the MWC is a weak conference. Our SOS every year reflects that.

Regarding the second point, a few posts up, i put the stats for the last 2 years. 1 win against teams that finished above .500 in conference. I also pointed out the 1 good year in the second post. Our offense this year and last simply is not good enough to even beat the upper end of the MWC. That remains our hurdle.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.