Rest of season..

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

As much as these 2 losses were painful, the pokes still can win a conference championship. Pokes will get win next week and then a much needed rest for the boise game. We are not gonna play a team as talented as Missouri the rest of the season. (Even boise doesn't have the horses that Mizzou has.) Fresno and Utah state look tough, but pokes will be ready to play. Lets kick Woffords ass and then everybody show up for Boise! lets do this!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 621 times
Been liked: 255 times

Amen
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

We are probably right where most people thought that we would be after three games ( record wise).Get some more offense implemented during the Wofford game and move on. I agree this team can still win a conference title, need to take a step towards mediocrity with the offense though. Defense looks good, I think WSU has a good blocking scheme for speed rushers and if you rush 4 against an SEC team you won’t get to the QB. We need some things to bounce our way to beat Boise, but we needed that in 2016 too. It can happen!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 245 times

With a freshman QB, freshman RBs and with 7 out of 10 on the 2 deep for the O-line either in their first or second season in the program, it’s surprising to me that people are surprised by the offensive performance. We needed to sign a transfer QB and that didn’t happen.

This team will make a bowl game IMO but I can’t really see the team winning a conference title.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

We tried for Michigan’s Speight and didn’t get him. Just how it goes.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I'm not feeling the 2016 comparisons. The early losses sucked, but Allen was very much showing off his special ability by then. TVW hasn't even reached game-manager status yet. Evans health is a key factor too.

It's early, only three games in. Anything can happen. That said, the other teams try too...and several of them look good, even damn good.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 156 times

J-Rod wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:30 pm I'm not feeling the 2016 comparisons. The early losses sucked, but Allen was very much showing off his special ability by then. TVW hasn't even reached game-manager status yet. Evans health is a key factor too.

It's early, only three games in. Anything can happen. That said, the other teams try too...and several of them look good, even damn good.
0 passing tds
W-Y, Until I Die!
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:54 pm
J-Rod wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:30 pm I'm not feeling the 2016 comparisons. The early losses sucked, but Allen was very much showing off his special ability by then. TVW hasn't even reached game-manager status yet. Evans health is a key factor too.

0 passing tds
Yeah, you hate to be 1/4 of the way through the season and yet to have your first TD pass. Should get 3 on Saturday against an FCS school....even with our receivers and play caller.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Well, to be fair Josh Allen only had two touchdowns through the first 3 games last year ( with three interceptions). It took Brett Rypien at Boise 5 games before a td pass (2 interceptions). We obviously need some more yardage out of TVW but the TD’s will come.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

hope to see vast improvement inside the MWC!!!