Scrimmage

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Seemed annoyed that it was known that certain players didn’t play.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

All, I totally understand the feelings and no, I’m not leading a dual life on this forum. It’s clear Bohl didn’t want to disseminate any info, so it’s not my place to do it. I feel like I can give you all a “heads up” so to speak and now you have it and will need to wait til he announces it or someone else breaks it...sorry.

Look at Fosters tweet. And by the way my information source has confirmed that Gavin Rush is/was a definite contender for a starting spot.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

You can certainly feel the frustration from Coach Bohl in that interview. Did the scrimmage go that poorly or is it just worry about the depth and performance of the O-line?
I'm good for 3!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:51 pm You can certainly feel the frustration from Coach Bohl in that interview. Did the scrimmage go that poorly or is it just worry about the depth and performance of the O-line?
...who knows? It's mostly speculation as of now, but what we do know: Rush is hurt, Velezquez was getting his swollen knee checked, and Abojei has/had a concussion. Maybe none of these turn out to be a big deal, but I can't blame the man for feeling like the injury bug is being a tad discriminatory right now.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Zero details about the scrimmage. I wonder what Bohl’s deal was. Was he frustrated about losing a good OL player? I imagine Rush’s injury must have been bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Wicks wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:27 am
BackHarlowRoad wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:02 pm
onePokeovertheline wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:53 am There is bad news coming tomorrow regarding the O line. Sorry I can’t tell you more.
Remember in middle school when someone would say "I know a girl who likes you." You'd ask who it was and they would say "I can't tell you."

That is you.
Folks,

OnePokeovertheline is legit and doesn't pass on bad information. Please respect his wishes to protect his source. Take a look at his history he's always spot on.
Never said it was bad information and never said I wanted the source. My comment was merely a jab for being a tease. I apologize for the way it came across. All is good.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:45 pm Zero details about the scrimmage. I wonder what Bohl’s deal was. Was he frustrated about losing a good OL player? I imagine Rush’s injury must have been bad
Maybe he was just mad that Vigen brought potato salad with raisins in it to work again.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Maybe he was just mad that Vigen brought potato salad with raisins in it to work again.
I'm with him on that one.
Potato salad should not have raisins in it.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

I have never seen Bohl that tight-lipped even after a bad loss. Wonder what gives? Is Rush down for the season? Sounds like our D-line is beating the hell out of the guys across the line. Hope we do that against the bad guys all year long.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Not sure exactly what about as he didn't really say but it did not sound like he is happy about our O-Line's performance at this point in practice.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Had to be pissed at the media or something. Logan Harris is at guard now correct? That is still a player with a ton of starting experience you can plug in.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

He is probably upset with people starting rumors online and or the media before he has a chance to talk about it.

Coaches do read the message boards or have people watch them so they know what is being said. There was just a big article about this on espn about a week or so ago.

He seemed more annoyed about something other than football. That is why he didn't say much.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote:He is probably upset with people starting rumors online and or the media before he has a chance to talk about it.

Coaches do read the message boards or have people watch them so they know what is being said. There was just a big article about this on espn about a week or so ago.

He seemed more annoyed about something other than football. That is why he didn't say much.
I imagine some of the schools with unlimited resources might. I can’t imagine Bohl using someone’s time in this manner.

W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:03 pm
seattlecowboy wrote:He is probably upset with people starting rumors online and or the media before he has a chance to talk about it.

I imagine some of the schools with unlimited resources might. I can’t imagine Bohl using someone’s time in this manner.
ALL teams do.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Based on the demeanor of Bohl today, I’m fairly certain that it was the hits on the OL that had him agitated. He was in a better mood but the way he responded to the OL question seemed to indicate his frustration. I think he knows this season depends on them.

W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

laxwyo wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:14 pm Based on the demeanor of Bohl today, I’m fairly certain that it was the hits on the OL that had him agitated. He was in a better mood but the way he responded to the OL question seemed to indicate his frustration. I think he knows this season depends on them.

Well hopefully that is all he is upset about and the O-line guys heal up and have a good year.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:14 pm Based on the demeanor of Bohl today, I’m fairly certain that it was the hits on the OL that had him agitated. He was in a better mood but the way he responded to the OL question seemed to indicate his frustration. I think he knows this season depends on them.
Sounds like Velazquez should be back soon-ish, which is encouraging. That would have been a big loss. Rush sounds like he might be out for a while. Abojei has a concussion, I'm guessing he'll be fine for the opener.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

It kind of bugs me that they never tell us what the injuries are.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:51 pm It kind of bugs me that they never tell us what the injuries are.
A) It's against the law to talk about injuries unless you have specific permission from the athlete. Notice how, in the video, with the injury to Crow he didn't say anything specific (I.E. body part, severity, etc.).

B) Most athletic departments don't want to give out too much information on injuries because it is useful information for opponents. Player X is injured so we don't have to game plan for him. Player Y has a bum ankle, so if you get a chance give it a little twist. Things like that.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

It sounds like an arm injury for Rush. I am sure that could still be a season impacting injury but has to be better than some other type of injuries for recovery.