No respect

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

From College Football News:

UNLV … at Wyoming 30 .... UNLV 27 ... Devastating. Simply devastating. If UNLV has a new head coach next year, if the team doesn’t get to a bowl game, this will likely be the reason why. A good Mountain West team can’t give away a game against Wyoming, and the offense can’t turn the ball over four times against a team starting a freshman quarterback. The schedule only gets harder with BYU and Utah coming up after a date at Nevada, and to win thos games, the offense has to be far sharper and the defensive front has to be more disruptive.
I'm glad we're flying under the radar, but the utter lack of respect for our team is starting to annoy me. We have yet to be favored for a game this season (there was no spread for the Weber St. game), which is fine by me, but saying that good Mountain West teams can't lose to Wyoming is a slap in the face. I hope that that write-up finds its way to HCDC's bulletin board to add more fire to the team.
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I don't think the Pokes have earned any respect yet.

If you were an outside observer, this is what you see:
29-22 over Weber State (Close game against a FCS team)
41-10 loss to Texas (Got their butts kicked like everyone else)
24-0 loss to Colorado, after Boulder is in near-revolt after an 0-3 start.
30-27 win versus UNLV, who is frighteningly inconsistent and hasn't won a conference road game under Sanford.

Nothing there that impresses me.

Now - I've seen all the games and know the Weber game wasn't that close, the Pokes fought with Texas for a half and after a dreadful loss to a desperate Colorado team, the offense got clicking and beat UNLV.

But I doubt CFN guy has. He just knows that offense had been dreadful for the last two years and Wyoming was finished to picked last in the MWC.

If I was a UNLV fan, I would have expected the Rebels to get over the hump against a struggling Wyoming team. Instead, a true freshman almost single-handedly beats them. Now, they're wondering where those six wins are coming from.

And as a Wyoming fan, I'm hoping the Pokes can pull out a win in Florida then beat the crap out of a gawd-awful New Mexico team to go 4-2 into a game against Air Force.

Beat Air Force in Colorado Springs - that's where the respect will come.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

WYO1016 wrote:
From College Football News:

UNLV … at Wyoming 30 .... UNLV 27 ... Devastating. Simply devastating. If UNLV has a new head coach next year, if the team doesn’t get to a bowl game, this will likely be the reason why. A good Mountain West team can’t give away a game against Wyoming, and the offense can’t turn the ball over four times against a team starting a freshman quarterback. The schedule only gets harder with BYU and Utah coming up after a date at Nevada, and to win thos games, the offense has to be far sharper and the defensive front has to be more disruptive.
I'm glad we're flying under the radar, but the utter lack of respect for our team is starting to annoy me. We have yet to be favored for a game this season (there was no spread for the Weber St. game), which is fine by me, but saying that good Mountain West teams can't lose to Wyoming is a slap in the face. I hope that that write-up finds its way to HCDC's bulletin board to add more fire to the team.

Wyoming was a -6 point favorite over Weber St .

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Landiegopoke
Ranch Hand

evilpoke wrote:I don't think the Pokes have earned any respect yet.

30-27 win versus UNLV, who is frighteningly inconsistent and hasn't won a conference road game under Sanford.

Now - I've seen all the games and know the Weber game wasn't that close, the Pokes fought with Texas for a half and after a dreadful loss to a desperate Colorado team, the offense got clicking and beat UNLV.

But I doubt CFN guy has. He just knows that offense had been dreadful for the last two years and Wyoming was finished to picked last in the MWC.

If I was a UNLV fan, I would have expected the Rebels to get over the hump against a struggling Wyoming team. Instead, a true freshman almost single-handedly beats them. Now, they're wondering where those six wins are coming from.

And as a Wyoming fan, I'm hoping the Pokes can pull out a win in Florida then beat the crap out of a gawd-awful New Mexico team to go 4-2 into a game against Air Force.

I agree with every thing you said here Evel, but what I don't understand is that last year UNLV beats Arizona State at home and we beat Tennessee on the road . UNLV ends up with one more win than us. How is it that their a good team and we're a bad team?
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Landiegopoke wrote:
evilpoke wrote:I don't think the Pokes have earned any respect yet.

I agree with every thing you said here Evel, but what I don't understand is that last year UNLV beats Arizona State at home and we beat Tennessee on the road . UNLV ends up with one more win than us. How is it that their a good team and we're a bad team?
I think it has more to do with expectations than how good the team is. After however many years Sanford has been there, you'd expect him to win at least one road conference game and expect to get his team to a bowl game.

Compare that to us, where we're mostly focused on seeing the team improve from week to week and a trip to a bowl game would go above and beyond most of our expectations.