Gardner-Webb

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

It's Sunday. On to the next opponent.

I'm not well-versed in the caliber of teams the Big South turns out, but I can't imagine losing 45-3 at home vs. North Carolina A&T suggests GW presents any form of a threat. I checked and no, neither team is ranked in the Top 25 of the FCS.

Yeah, Iowa didn't turn out well, but it's just one game. This upcoming Saturday's game could have a barbaric scoreline. If you enjoy watching Wyoming beat the sh!t outta somebody, this is your weekend.

If Oregon's 77-21 win over Southern Utah is any indicator, that game could be a brawl in a few weeks. Time to build some momentum.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

This will probably be similar to the UC Davis game last year. Both programs are similar in FCS, and in both cases we came off a tough loss at a B1G school.

Though really, it could be even better because the defense played better in IC than Lincoln and the offense didn't completely implode like it did last year.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

I look forward to having my first beer inside the War. I might even have 2......
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

bladerunnr wrote:I look forward to having my first beer inside the War. I might even have 2......
Dude...YES!!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:44 pm This will probably be similar to the UC Davis game last year. Both programs are similar in FCS, and in both cases we came off a tough loss at a B1G school.

Though really, it could be even better because the defense played better in IC than Lincoln and the offense didn't completely implode like it did last year.
At least they had the chance to implode last year. Agree about the D though
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I have zero interest in this game. If they don't hang 80 on them it's an L.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:09 am I have zero interest in this game. If they don't hang 80 on them it's an L.
In all of FBS football, a team has scored 80 points in a game just four times in the last five years, but not doing that in this game is the equivalent of a loss? :willybs:
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I'm interested in seeing these young kids gain confidence while getting experience. We have a lot of freshman playing who are talented but green, games like this one are very valuable for their development

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

I hope to see the defense dominate and know it wasn't a one time good performance against Iowa.

I hope we see the offense find a rhythm in this game. Specifically, I'm hoping to not see any dropped passes.

I'm hoping to see a lot of improvement in special teams. Like no kickoffs out of bounds, if we have to punt then good punts, and if we have to kick field goals that we make them.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I wish we could've played Gardner Webb before Iowa just to get some of these guys one under their belt. I see no reason for us to not run out and put up a good first half and cruise the rest of the game. Excited to finally be able to drink a beer in the War (well legally anyway).

gwujake08
Buckaroo

I read that someone on this board said A&T was unranked. They were ranked #25 in one FCS poll before we played them last week. BTW our radio is not traveling what is best way to listen to watch game in NC?
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

gwujake08 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:50 am I read that someone on this board said A&T was unranked. They were ranked #25 in one FCS poll before we played them last week. BTW our radio is not traveling what is best way to listen to watch game in NC?
I believe (could be wrong) gowyo.com has an audio link. Not sure about watching it besides a sketchy stream though
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

whyoh wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:10 pm
bladerunnr wrote:I look forward to having my first beer inside the War. I might even have 2......
Dude...YES!!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I'll have the limit 4, lol
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

gwujake08 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:50 am I read that someone on this board said A&T was unranked. They were ranked #25 in one FCS poll before we played them last week. BTW our radio is not traveling what is best way to listen to watch game in NC?
I always use the tune in radio app search for 1240 am Kfbc
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

The game is on AT&T Rocky Mtn, which used to be Fox Rocky Mtn. If you can't go and watch it on AT&T Rocky Mtn, you can go to the University of Wyoming-Athletics web site, and you could either listen to it or maybe even watch it on live streaming. You are right, that other person didn't have a clue, N.C. A&T was ranked 25th in the FCS poll.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

WyomingAg wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:50 am I hope to see the defense dominate and know it wasn't a one time good performance against Iowa.

I hope we see the offense find a rhythm in this game. Specifically, I'm hoping to not see any dropped passes.

I'm hoping to see a lot of improvement in special teams. Like no kickoffs out of bounds, if we have to punt then good punts, and if we have to kick field goals that we make them.
Agree 100 percent with this, though based on last year's kickoff coverage, it might not be a bad idea to kick it out of bounds on purpose and let them take it at their 35. Not against these guys of course, but I get real scared when we have to kick it off
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

According to the mw website you will be able to tune into either the att sports Rocky Mountain or you will be able to stream it on the mountain west website. The way it was done in the past was it was blocked if you were in that footprint but if the channel wasn't available you could stream it there.

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Steamboat
Buckaroo

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:09 am I have zero interest in this game. If they don't hang 80 on them it's an L.
Careful SDPokeFan. Coach Bohl alluded to one issue which he did not like about NDS. Their fans grew to not be satisfied with a W by 2 or 3 points. Also some expectations were unrealistic.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

What!?!? The board's biggest FCS fan who advocates for Wyoming going to the FCS has no interest in a game versus an FCS team...
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

not finding the video stream link...did it disappear?