Season Outlook

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I stayed up last night watching a replay of the '07 Virginia game and it had me a little confused. Not only was our D stellar, we actually look like we had an offense, where did it go from that game on? This was by far Cockhill's masterpiece at UW. I just don't understand why he didn't coach like that the rest of the season.

There was a question brought up about which receiver would rise up this season, and if Bolling can play like he did in that game, it'll be him. He looked great in that game. The grab in the corner of the endzone was spectacular. He looked like he was running great routes as well. Too bad he is suspended for the first two games.

Sween had some nice touch in that game, laying one right over Hoost's shoulder and into his breadbasket, and another one that was right on the money to Bolling if he wouldn't have been tripped by the defender. Where did that touch go?

We have some players on this team, and I'm confident that with the right coaching/playcalling this team can make some noise. Stewart played extremely well down the stretch last year, Burkhalter and Leonard seem to be coming along. I really like our chances this year to go bowling if the D is as good as advertised.

Is Stover that good that he supplanted Givens (who I thought was a beast)? Will the Gipson bros. be lock down corners? Will Prosinki learn not to get beat over the top like he was numerous times against CSU and TCU? How are the young linebackers going to fare? Will the O-line be improved even though there are some new faces including a true frosh? How will true frosh Shamiel Gary do at safety? Can Terry and Alexander be the new Thunder and Lightning? And most of all, how is Benjamin going to fare making the jump from JUCO to D-1 football? Lots of questions to answer.

All I really know is that I can't f-word wait until tomorrow morning...god I love college football and Laramie in the fall!!!!