Rescheduling Utah

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

I talked about this on the football board but how about rescheduling Utah to a home and home in hoops every year. I'd love that with a home and home with Montana every year as well. Lets keep giving BYU some more of this :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: I mean Utah feels the same way, we need to form an alliance there if anything in Utah. I always could root for Utah, New Mexico, SDSU, Boise and Fresno when they rep the MWC hell even Nevada I have nothing really against them. Even USU isn't that bad. :twocents:
Riding High!!!
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I doubt that Utah has any interest in coming back to Laramie if they do not have to. That said, I really wish we could play Utah annually again, mostly because one of my good friends from law school was a Ute and we still chat about college basketball from time to time.

In my mind, the best thing about college sports for alumni is the rivalry element with alumni of opposing schools.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 14 times

Given the situation as it stands...doing a 2 for one with Utah would not be a bad thing. Would love to get those guys back into the Dome for at least one game even if it meant we had to go to the Huntsman twice...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

that plane has sailed, much like CU, being in the Pac 12- they truly think they are far superior to us and shouldn't have to schedule a lowly Wyo team, we don't need them as they think they don't need us. Good riddance to Utah and CU, I wish it could happen but don't hold your breath
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:that plane has sailed, much like CU, being in the Pac 12- they truly think they are far superior to us and shouldn't have to schedule a lowly Wyo team, we don't need them as they think they don't need us. Good riddance to Utah and CU, I wish it could happen but don't hold your breath
Those mindsets are also why we have the crappy bowl tie-ins in football
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

If we have a rescheduling BYU thread this thread is an absolute must imo. I like the idea of floating around these discussions and letting people know where we stand. It might not be realistic, or maybe it can't be done but why not keep discussing it? Our biggest sell out game in the AA was against a solid Utah program at one of our own peaks. A home and home would be sweet. Maybe its a pipe dream but why not try.
I love our schedule this year. Montana home and home is a winning thing. They are typically one of the top in the Big Sky and almost ALWAYS way better then Montana State. If we get an old Pac 12 foe involved like that it'd be a massive win for us. People from Wyoming can make a trip to Salt Lake and have some fun too. I like playing regional powerhouses from quality universities and fanbases that we can get along with. We've played up more then usual this year and some more interesting opponents then minnows of the past. Gotta try to continue this trend.
Riding High!!!
rocketcitypoke
Buckaroo

For fans on the westside of the state, Salt Lake is a nice weekend. Restaurants, shopping, take in another event go to game. USU doesn't offer the same amenities. I think the powers that be don't really care about anything besides being on television so I don't see games with the utes in the future either for basketball or football and it's a shame