Pokes go 10-2 next year. !!! Right tackle??

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Barring any major injuries. Our oline will be better and our defense will be even better. We will split between Iowa and Oregon. Have 1 conference loss. I think we have good young running backs in our system. Future is bright. I am wondering what they are going to do with the right tackle position? If they move Cummings to guard and maybe move one of the guards to center and keep the young right tackle at his position? Cummings is a better run blocker than pass blocker. I think he would fit better at guard.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

No Allen. No Hill. 6-6 with Bowl.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Adv8RU12 wrote:No Allen. No Hill. 6-6 with Bowl.
No Allen?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Huh? All we saw was a speculation article on how people would see Allen as an NFL prospect. That's it.
coachweidner
Buckaroo

Allen leaving this year to go to the NFL would be a worse decision than when Brett left early to go to the NFL. He has the potential to play on Sundays but not yet.
I even think that it may be a mistake for Hill to leave this year. One more year where he could be a borderline Heisman candidate to really improve his draft stock and he could potentially be a first day pick. As it is I'm guessing 3rd- 5th round for him?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

If both leave, I see 2-10 again. If just Hill leaving, 5-7. Either way, 2017 will not be as great as 2016 was. We got too damned lucky this year.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:
If both leave, I see 2-10 again. If just Hill leaving, 5-7. Either way, 2017 will not be as great as 2016 was. We got too damned lucky this year.

If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I swear some people don't understand that we are a year away from being a very good program. This taking a step back poop is nauseating and based on? We have the youngest lineup in the league....and Allen isn't going anywhere. Cowboy up.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

JimmyDimes wrote:I swear some people don't understand that we are a year away from being a very good program. This taking a step back poop is nauseating and based on? We have the youngest lineup in the league....and Allen isn't going anywhere. Cowboy up.
Major problem.....NO Brian Hill!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
Huh? All we saw was a speculation article on how people would see Allen as an NFL prospect. That's it.
That's the way I saw it too. But I'm just forecasting that IF Allen goes and IF Hill also goes, the Poke are a 6-6 team.
I said nothing about them actually going (which they very well may do) but IF they go (by getting hurt. Or getting locked up. Or quitting for some reason) then 6-6.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:Major problem.....NO Brian Hill!
This program Bohl is building is bigger than one player. And of all the positions on the field, RB is the easiest to replace in the offensive system. It's basically a plug-and-play position.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

This speculation of Allen was one dude throwing it out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Man. Lol. People go way off topic. I never said anything about Allen leaving. I'm sure he will stay next 2 years. I thing Overstreet, hall and the Sacramento Kid will do a serviceable job replacing Hill, especially with our O line being bigger and stronger. Just wondering about Cummings and if he gets his job at right tackle back.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

Wyokie wrote:
LOL! Ba hahahahah Are you joking?!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

Wyokie wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:I swear some people don't understand that we are a year away from being a very good program. This taking a step back poop is nauseating and based on? We have the youngest lineup in the league....and Allen isn't going anywhere. Cowboy up.
Major problem.....NO Brian Hill!
Uh, no. RB is the most fungible position in football.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

We have pretty good depth at RB. Oversteeet will be our feature back with Mike Green as a change of pace back. We will be fine a RB. But yes we will miss Hill.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

wyoair wrote:We have pretty good depth at RB. Oversteeet will be our feature back with Mike Green as a change of pace back. We will be fine a RB. But yes we will miss Hill.
Nico Evans will be jumped in depth chart by both guys?
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:
wyoair wrote:We have pretty good depth at RB. Oversteeet will be our feature back with Mike Green as a change of pace back. We will be fine a RB. But yes we will miss Hill.
Nico Evans will be jumped in depth chart by both guys?
Overstreet was in front of Evans last year. He sat out this year due to injury. Evans and Milo Hall will both be in the conversation.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I feel like KO and Nico will be the two backs. Hall will step into Nico's KR role.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

He will get jumped by at least one. No reason to say he couldn't by both other than Green is RS freshmen. Either way we will be FINE at RB. No need to panic 10 months before season starts. Also curious to see what role Milo Hall will have.