Burman would consider renewing BYU rivalry........

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

I hope not! Let them whither and die in independence. If I was in Burman's shoes, I wouldn't return their calls.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

If we schedule them we better win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Leave them out to dry. Want nothing more to do with them. They bring nothing that we want or need.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

No. Maybe at home with no return or a three for one.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Where did Burman say that??

Burman's past position has been a pretty strong hell no to BYU. It still should be hell no!
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote:Where did Burman say that??

Burman's past position has been a pretty strong hell no to BYU. It still should be hell no!
The link is in the first post.

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Hell no. I wasn't opposed to them returning or playing them until this bowl game. Their fans are the scummiest pieces of trash I have ever experienced. I would take a hybrid Husker/Ram fan base any day of the week over those Rocky Mountain spotted underwear hypocrites. They are the most egotistical poop bags I've ever dealt with
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

I'm pretty sure he's going to hear from a pretty good number of big donors that his change of heart is pretty much unacceptable. Probably much ado about little...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

My guess is byu would not do a home and home with Wyoming but would want a 2 for 1

In my book the only way you do it is if they come to Laramie first. But really I don't see a lot of benefits to playing byu unless we can find a way into Utah for recruiting purposes.

Right now Utah state, byu and Utah have that state saturated.

Plus I just get pissed off all week they play and become agitated at family and friends who are byu fans.

Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

At age 18, a contact sport athletes starts to develop maturity and physicality up to age around 30.
Say a player graduates from HS at 19. Goes to BYU, learns what he has to do to play football, redshirts and then goes on a mission at 21, 22. Comes back as a freshman at 23. then also plays at 24, 25, 26.
What 19 yr old wants the disadvantage of playing a 26 yr old!? That's my objection to ever scheduling BYU.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

That is a bit of a stretch though. Missionaries used to go out at 19 and come home at 21.

Now missionaries usually go out at 18 ms come home at 20.

Throw a red shirt year at age 20 am finish four years later at 24.

But I hear ya.

Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote:My guess is byu would not do a home and home with Wyoming but would want a 2 for 1

In my book the only way you do it is if they come to Laramie first. But really I don't see a lot of benefits to playing byu unless we can find a way into Utah for recruiting purposes.

Right now Utah state, byu and Utah have that state saturated.

Plus I just get pissed off all week they play and become agitated at family and friends who are byu fans.

Nothing is acceptable. Personally, I would have been fine with the decision to decline this Bowl invitation. The world of college sports needs to quit legitimizing BYU* Athletics. They, and much of their fans are persona non grata...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Dammit. No. Never again, in any sport. We didn't have a choice for the bowl game, but if we have any say in it, I say never again.

Never. Again.

GO POKES!!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I don't get why everyone is so against playing them. I think renewing the rivalry would be so fun and strengthen our schedule with winnable games. Last nights game was a blast
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

gopokes1399 wrote:I don't get why everyone is so against playing them. I think renewing the rivalry would be so fun and strengthen our schedule with winnable games. Last nights game was a blast
Because they are BYU*. The acme of hypocrisy. The American Wahhabi. Dirty program. Biggest douchebag fans in college sports. Self-righteous, holier-than-thou and exclusionary. We need to build a virtual wall around Provo...
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: Why help the evil empire at all???? Leave the backstabbers out in the cold. Schedule Utah instead or try. I mean just having to watch them last night got me so pissed off. They aren't even better then the teams we already have in conference but don't tell them that. They got lucky as f-word to catch us without some of our MAJOR players that helped get us to this bowl. Have fun in independent football doin "BIG" "SPECIAL" things their way and I'll be happy never knowing anything about their teams.

I say we play them when forced into bowl games or in the NCAA tourney in hoops which will most likely never happen.
Riding High!!!
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

gopokes1399 wrote:I don't get why everyone is so against playing them. I think renewing the rivalry would be so fun and strengthen our schedule with winnable games. Last nights game was a blast
Why do t we go ahead and stick pins underneath our fingernails while we're at it. I despise Jamal Williams even more - the only benefit is I don't need a bobblehead of him as I saw him being a bobblehead in real life last night - what an ass. I really don't like BYU and would prefer to only play them when we would have to. The kid, oops middle aged man, last night really couldn't have been guilty of targeting Josh because remember they are all saints, they're BYU........ nuff said.

Cougsbroncsjazz
Buckaroo

I think BYU would do a H and H. They started scheduling USU in a home and home when they joined the MWC. They have a long term deal with Boise that has been a fun series so far. I think any exposure to the state will help with recruiting. You guys could beat the aggs for many of the guys they are going after if you can sustain the program momentum. That will help in conference play.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

I'd like to see the 'Pokes start playing BYU again if it was home and home. We've done nothing but lose to them since I've been following the 'Pokes (moved to Wyo. in middle school), and I'd like some payback. What's the point in hating a team you never get to play?
52-56