Navy could paralyze bowl selection process

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... owl-system

Interesting. Still a chance Wyoming/SDSU winner could jump these teams.
ImageImageImageImage
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

"Another Group of 5 champ could potentially pass the Midshipmen, including San Diego State or Wyoming in the Mountain West or Western Kentucky in Conference USA."
First things first, but wouldn't that be icing on the cake for this improbable run by the Pokes. :popcorn:
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I can't even imagine...
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I think Temple beats Navy, but unless Western Michigan losses by 50 they'll still be the highest ranked.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

cowboyz wrote:I think Temple beats Navy, but unless Western Michigan losses by 50 they'll still be the highest ranked.
But won't be the conference champ. That's the kicker.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

After the debacle that both teams provided last weekend, I have a tough time seeing Wyoming or SDSU jumping past whoever wins Temple v. Navy. Obviously if Navy wins, the would be ahead, but I think Temple's record with a win over Navy would make them more desirable. 2 of their 3 losses were to Memphis and Penn State and were both only by 7.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 38 times

cowboyz wrote:I think Temple beats Navy, but unless Western Michigan losses by 50 they'll still be the highest ranked.
Navy is going to roll Temple. Check out what the Midshipmen offense has done this month.. it is absolutely absurd. If I could quickly find the link I'd post it, but their offense is operating at historic levels right now.
ImageImageImageImage
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 7 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:After the debacle that both teams provided last weekend, I have a tough time seeing Wyoming or SDSU jumping past whoever wins Temple v. Navy. Obviously if Navy wins, the would be ahead, but I think Temple's record with a win over Navy would make them more desirable. 2 of their 3 losses were to Memphis and Penn State and were both only by 7.
You are absolutely correct. The AAC winner gets the Cotton bowl bid IF Western Michigan loses and EVEN IF that AAC winner is Navy AND THEN they lose to Army. Neither Wyoming or San Diego St deserve to be in Cotton Bowl consideration after those two loses last weekend.
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

If Western Michigan loses and Navy beats Temple but loses to Army do you still think they deserve it more than the MWC champion. Remember Air Force handled Navy and they were 4th in our division. I think our Division is the toughest in the group of 5 and we won it. :twocents: Cotton Bowl here we come! haha
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 7 times

rich22 wrote:If Western Michigan loses and Navy beats Temple but loses to Army do you still think they deserve it more than the MWC champion. Remember Air Force handled Navy and they were 4th in our division. I think our Division is the toughest in the group of 5 and we won it. :twocents: Cotton Bowl here we come! haha
Yes, I think they will still be ranked and the winner of the Mountain West Conference championship game will not.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke

MrTitleist wrote:
Navy is going to roll Temple. Check out what the Midshipmen offense has done this month.. it is absolutely absurd. If I could quickly find the link I'd post it, but their offense is operating at historic levels right now.
This! Navy beat SMU 75-31 last week. Of the 74 players on their sideline 73 got into the game. The only guy who didn't? The punter!
cowboyz
Cowpoke

MrTitleist wrote:
Temple is on a roll themselves, with their D giving up less points in the past 4 games combined than Navy yielded to each one of their last 8 opponents individually. It'll be, can Temple's D slow down Navy's O?