MWC Predictions (You call it)

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
big z
Ranch Hand

TCU - 12-0 (2 Weak BsC teams in their OOC) Could easily run the table
Utah - 10-2 (With losses at Oregon, at TCU) The game with the whY is always a toss up
whY - 8-4 (Losses to OU, FSU, TCU, Utah) Even with Maxi Pad at the QB he chokes in the big games.
AFA - 8-4(Losses to Navy, TCU, Utah, whY)
UNLV - 7-5 (Losses to OSU, WYO, whY, Utah, TCU)
CSU - 6-6 (Losses to CO, whY, Utah, TCU, UNLV, and maybe a WTF loss to Reno or UNM)
UNM - 5-7 (Losses to TAMU, AFA, TTech, UNLV, Utah, whY, TCU)
WYO - 3-9 (Losses to Weber St, TX, CO, UNLV, AFA, Utah, whY, TCU, CSU) Next year will be your year, not trying to slam you. Give the new system a year to develop and you guys will be in the Top 4 of the leauge hopefully. (And Yes i'm still pulling for Weber, I've got a bet with I think it was Mr. Peachy for some local brewed Beer.)
SDSU - 3-9 (Losses to UCLA, AFA, whY, CSU, UNM, TCU, WYO, Utah, UNLV)
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

You have us losing to Weber State? REALLY??? How do you see that happening?
evilpoke
Ranch Hand

Just so everyone knows, I see 4-5 wins for the Pokes this year.

Losses: Texas, TCU, BYU and Utah
Probable losses: Colorado, Air Force, CSU (this one hurts)
Toss-ups: Florida Atlantic, San Diego State
Probable wins: New Mexico, UNLV
Wins: Weber State
evilpoke
Ranch Hand

big z wrote:TCU - 12-0 (2 Weak BsC teams in their OOC) Could easily run the table
Utah - 10-2 (With losses at Oregon, at TCU) The game with the whY is always a toss up
whY - 8-4 (Losses to OU, FSU, TCU, Utah) Even with Maxi Pad at the QB he chokes in the big games.
CSU - 6-6 (Losses to CO, whY, Utah, TCU, UNLV, and maybe a WTF loss to Reno or UNM)
WYO - 3-9 (Losses to Weber St, TX, CO, UNLV, AFA, Utah, whY, TCU, CSU) Next year will be your year, not trying to slam you. Give the new system a year to develop and you guys will be in the Top 4 of the leauge hopefully. (And Yes i'm still pulling for Weber, I've got a bet with I think it was Mr. Peachy for some local brewed Beer.)
Ithink BYU takes the Utes this year in Provo - true freshman QB vs. All-conference senior QB?
Also - you have both UNM and WYO winning their game.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I don't think there are more than 3 teams that will score more than 21 points on UW this year. I am that confident in our defense. If we can put any offense together, that should put us in just about all the games.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
WYONUT
Buckaroo

TCU -> 11 - 1
Utah -> 10 - 2
BYU -> 9 - 3
AFA -> 7 - 5
UNLV -> 6 - 6
CSU -> 5 - 7
UNM -> 5 - 7
WYO -> 6 - 6
SDSU -> 3 - 9

For UW, it all depends on the offense ability to move the ball and maintain posession. If they do not turn the ball over and put the defense in the position of defending short field, I think the defense will be able to win 2 or 3 games that they should lose. If not, they will cause the loss of 2 to 3 games they should win. Either result will result in season total of 7 wins or 4 wins so I will be hoping for a 7 win season and a potential bowl victory or fearing a 4 win season that will disappoint me and the rest of the folks that live and die with Cowboys. I do believe that, even with a 4 win season, a turning point will be reached that will encourage we fans and we will be looking forward a winning program and can expect winning seasons in the future.
big z
Ranch Hand

evilpoke wrote:You have us losing to Weber State? REALLY??? How do you see that happening?
Yes I like Weber, they have a good team. I think they can give you a run, plus I made the bet I have to stick with it.
big z
Ranch Hand

evilpoke wrote:
big z wrote:TCU - 12-0 (2 Weak BsC teams in their OOC) Could easily run the table
Ithink BYU takes the Utes this year in Provo - true freshman QB vs. All-conference senior QB?
Also - you have both UNM and WYO winning their game.
I don't think Wynn (Frosh QB) will start, i'm going with Cain. He's the JUCO that came in, led the JUCO system in passing and all purpose yards last season. I think we'll be okay.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

TCU - 10-2
BYU - 8-4
UTAH - 7 - 5
AFA - 7 - 5
UNLV - 6 - 6
CSU - 6 - 6
UNM - 5 - 7
WYO - 4 - 8
SDSU - 3 - 9
big z
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:TCU - 10-2
BYU - 8-4
UTAH - 7 - 5
AFA - 7 - 5
UNLV - 6 - 6
CSU - 6 - 6
UNM - 5 - 7
WYO - 4 - 8
SDSU - 3 - 9
What 5 games do you see the U losing?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

1 - TCU 12 & 0
2 - BwhyU 10 & 2
3 - AFA 9 & 3
4 - Utard 8 & 4
5 - WYOMING 6 & 6
6 - CSewe 5 & 7
7 - UNLV 4 & 8
8 - Loblows 4 & 8
9 - SDSU 3 & 9

Mark it down. That prediction is money.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

big z wrote:
@Oregon, @UNLV(Again), Air Force, @TCU, @BYU
big z
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:
big z wrote:
Oregon I can see and also TCU. UNLV won't happen, AFA not likely but will be a close game it always is. And whY is a toss up, you never know.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

big z wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
big z wrote:
Oregon I can see and also TCU. UNLV won't happen, AFA not likely but will be a close game it always is. And whY is a toss up, you never know.
I think Utah loses 5 games too. BJ was a gamer, the guy before him wasnt' very good and neither were the Utes. I just think Utah loses too much to think they'll be competing for a title this year.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

JimmyDimes wrote:
big z wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
big z wrote:
I think Utah loses 5 games too. BJ was a gamer, the guy before him wasnt' very good and neither were the Utes. I just think Utah loses too much to think they'll be competing for a title this year.
Wasn't the guy before him Alex Smith?
ImageImageImageImage
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

BJ did take over for Alex Smith in 2005 I believe, but he was injured and out for the 2006 season, when I think Ratcliff then took over for 1 year before BJ came back.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
big z wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
big z wrote:
Nope, something Ratliff.......and the Pokes lit them up.
big z
Ranch Hand

JimmyDimes wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
big z wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
big z wrote:
Nope, something Ratliff.......and the Pokes lit them up.

31-15 isn't exactly lighting someone up, it's a decent win. 50-0 is lighting someone up!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

big z wrote:31-15 isn't exactly lighting someone up, it's a decent win. 50-0 is lighting someone up!!!
Our former coach was somewhat of a good sport, and a gentleman. If I remember correctly, the score was 31 - ZIP, or 31 - 7, and our nice guy coach called off the dogs (mid 3rd quarter), unlike that son-of-a-bitch from Utard who went for an onside kick up 43 - ZIP. Hindsight being 20/20, I would bet our good sport gentleman coach, knowing how things shook out in SLC, would have put his foot firmly on the throat of the Yoots and the outcome would have been 45 - 7 or so. An ass whipping.

For those reading from other message boards, I apologize for my "vulgarness" with the use of "son-of-a-bitch" and "ass" in this post. Shame on me. :roll:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
big z
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
big z wrote:31-15 isn't exactly lighting someone up, it's a decent win. 50-0 is lighting someone up!!!
Our former coach was somewhat of a good sport, and a gentleman. If I remember correctly, the score was 31 - ZIP, or 31 - 7, and our nice guy coach called off the dogs (mid 3rd quarter), unlike that son-of-a-bitch from Utard who went for an onside kick up 43 - ZIP. Hindsight being 20/20, I would bet our good sport gentleman coach, knowing how things shook out in SLC, would have put his foot firmly on the throat of the Yoots and the outcome would have been 45 - 7 or so. An ass whipping.

For those reading from other message boards, I apologize for my "vulgarness" with the use of "son-of-a-bitch" and "ass" in this post. Shame on me. :roll:
Still hurts doesn't it