I do wish our student section showed more class

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Don't get me wrong. I love passion but there is a classy way to do that and a classless way to show that passion.

Booing injured players, flipping the bird at opposing teams, and the use of the f word on cheers makes us look like absolute white trash. Not representative of our fan base imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

It's funny that this is just now becoming an issue to some on the board
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

It's something that bothered me as a student too mind you.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

plz
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:It's something that bothered me as a student too mind you.

Let me guess...you don't like the infamous "F U BYU!!!" chant? I love it.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

Worst thread of the year

W-Y, Until I Die!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Move to Utah.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

laxwyo wrote:Worst thread of the year

+1
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Students are students, let them be, we used to be called despicable fans and sure it's out of class, somewhat, but we don't want other teams to feel comfortable here we are Wyoming we do things a different way, we use 7220 to our advantage. W.Y.O!!!!!!
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Wait...the kids are going to games again?????? :orly: :orly: :orly:
Riding High!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

:roll:

Sounds like somebody needs to get out a little more...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

First Down Mother F******!

Just glad that one has been phased out. The student section is always going to find something insulating to cheer about, that's just the way it is.
I'm good for 3!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

Cornpoke wrote:First Down Mother F******!

Just glad that one has been phased out. The student section is always going to find something insulating to cheer about, that's just the way it is.
But it hasn't. You can still clearly hear it, they do it on their own.

Some on this thread are acting like a bunch of virgins that haven't ever heard a 4 letter word before.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Things are going right in Laramie when this is what you have to complain about... they are 18-24 year old's, a good number of them intoxicated.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Cosmic Cowboy wrote:Wait...the kids are going to games again?????? :orly: :orly: :orly:
and it's good to see and into the game!!! as for the 1st down m'er f'er, that's their new thing....it's fun seeing them in full throat nowadays, hopefully we can truly sell out against SDSU cold or not!!!! Again if their antics bother you, then you probably shouldn't be going to a UW game or at least not sitting in the student section. it's got it's reputation, leave it alone
Last edited by stymeman on Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 92 times

Other schools' student sections are just as bad. I will just say that I love that the students are engaged and loud (for the most part).

In terms of cheering injuries, I don't condone cheering them - but I even started to yell some not-so-nice things when they kept going down (even the normally silent folks in our section were a little perturbed by the number of USU players that hit the dirt). It seemed ridiculous at the time - as I didn't think that any team could be hurt that much. But, I have to admit that I felt a little bad after I talked to my brother and uncle - who were on the West side - and they said that the USU bench looked like a field hospital by the end of the game.

In other news, I bet that No. 19 for USU never goes over the middle again...at least as long as Wingard is playing at UW.
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
Cornpoke wrote:First Down Mother F******!

But it hasn't. You can still clearly hear it, they do it on their own.

Some on this thread are acting like a bunch of virgins that haven't ever heard a 4 letter word before.
This one has gotten really stale and tacky. It might have been edgy for about a season but now it just falls flat. I really want the students to be creative and come up with some funny insults and taunts. What is the student group called now? Wild bunch or something? These are the guys that need to step up and give the students direction.
and it's good to see and into the game!!! as for the 1st down m'er f'er, that's their new thing....it's fun seeing them in full throat nowadays, hopefully we can truly sell out against SDSU cold or not!!!!
New thing? I think not. They were doing it four or five years ago during Christensen.
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

I don't like it much, but they're kids. And you wouldn't be able to hear it if the rest of the stadium didn't feel like a church on Sunday most of the time.

Maybe that's gotten better over the season, but the Air Force game was way too quiet, and when our section tried to get loud we got a lot of crusty looks.

GO POKES!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'd like some clever chants/cheers rather than just profanity.

However, if we ever play BYU again, there's only one chant that's needed.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

As an adult the profanity does not bother me personally but I think it makes it difficult to bring kids to the games and drives away potential fans from going to the game.

I just think from a public relations standpoint it would be nice if they were rowdy with out the f word as primary sources of material.

Off of my soap box now! I do love their energy and know the team appreciates it.