$19.00 under light special

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

get tickets while you can!!! Let's sellout the War for a change, LOL
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

No f'ing way in hell we're selling out an 8:15 game. We'll be lucky to get 22K.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

hence why tickets are cheaper, worth a try tho
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:hence why tickets are cheaper, worth a try tho
Agreed. It beats their complete lack of an attempt to sell out the Boise game last week.

:D
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

They really ought to let kids under the age of 14 in free, and under 18 in for like $5.00. It is a late game and the cheap tickets are nice, but it would be a good opportunity to get the younger generations excited.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

agreed, give back to us fans once in awhile
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 240 times

Call me crazy, but there seemed like more than 24k for Boise. The AFA and Boise crowd seemed very, very similar. Much louder for Boise, imo. Maybe I'm crazy.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

nite games do funny things and make things seem larger than life, wait till this weekend
castlerocker
Cowpoke

They really ought to let kids under the age of 14 in free
A lot of folks think a 14 year old (or younger) would be better served getting a good nights sleep rather than watching a football game that adults thought would be neat to play til midnight so they could make a lot of money.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote:Call me crazy, but there seemed like more than 24k for Boise. The AFA and Boise crowd seemed very, very similar. Much louder for Boise, imo. Maybe I'm crazy.
It was band day and I'll bet the band members (plus all the supporting people) weren't counted in the attendance number.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

castlerocker wrote:
A lot of folks think a 14 year old (or younger) would be better served getting a good nights sleep rather than watching a football game that adults thought would be neat to play til midnight so they could make a lot of money.

I have my 8 year old and 6 year old coming with me this weekend! haha There is a lot of nights for kids to sleep but this pokes team is worth staying up for! We were all at the NIU game and my 8 year old stayed up the whole time but my 6 year old feel asleep. It took a good nap for all of us but we recovered before Monday's school day started. haha :D Go Pokes! Night games are a blast for the kids! Lets fill the War on Saturday Poke fans!

My first game was in 88 under the lights against BYU and I was 4 years old. I still remember the opening kick off and being completely excited to beat BYU. My parents drove all night after the game to get back to Star Valley before my Dad's store opened the next day. That instilled poke pride in me at an early age and I plan on doing the same for my kids! :thumb: Beat the Aggies!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

rich22 wrote:
castlerocker wrote:

I have my 8 year old and 6 year old coming with me this weekend! haha There is a lot of nights for kids to sleep but this pokes team is worth staying up for! We were all at the NIU game and my 8 year old stayed up the whole time but my 6 year old feel asleep. It took a good nap for all of us but we recovered before Monday's school day started. haha :D Go Pokes! Night games are a blast for the kids! Lets fill the War on Saturday Poke fans!

My first game was in 88 under the lights against BYU and I was 4 years old. I still remember the opening kick off and being completely excited to beat BYU. My parents drove all night after the game to get back to Star Valley before my Dad's store opened the next day. That instilled poke pride in me at an early age and I plan on doing the same for my kids! :thumb: Beat the Aggies!
Great memory, but I have to ask. Did War Memorial even have lights in 88? I thought they were installed in the late 90's to get a TV contract. Hard to say for sure, I'm old and my memory is fading!

I agree with you about taking the kids. I took my daughter to the Utah game in November 2000 when it was like 6 below zero. I especially wanted to watch Patrick Chukwurah in a Poke uni for the last time. Kids remember that stuff!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

My 1st game as a student was that night game in 88 as well, had a Bio lab that night(Thursday) and rode my bike, couldn't wait for that TA to say ok you are good to go, poof, like a light I was outta there and at the stadium in student section around 20 yd line south, man I got drunk that game as well, still remember stuff about it, Love it when the War is all dolled up in lights, yessir
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Great memory, but I have to ask. Did War Memorial even have lights in 88?
UW never had lights in 88 but ESPN wanted the game, UW-BYU, so badly they brought in their own lights on trucks.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

castlerocker wrote:
UW never had lights in 88 but ESPN wanted the game, UW-BYU, so badly they brought in their own lights on trucks.
Then AD and HC Paul Roach said to ESPN's proposal, "OK, but you bring the lights!"
AKPoke
Buckaroo

COS Cowboy wrote:
castlerocker wrote:
Then AD and HC Paul Roach said to ESPN's proposal, "OK, but you bring the lights!"
Lights weren't installed until 2001 or 2002-ish? I remember the 1999 game against BYU was also played underneath temporary lights (I believe that game was the first game underneath lights since the 1988 BYU game). The 2001 game against Texas A&M may have also been underneath temporary lights. I can't recall for sure though...
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

castlerocker wrote:
Bingo, I actually gave a guy a ride home last night that was talking about that being one of the best college games he has ever been at.

He is 70 and travels the U.S. to watch college games trying to see a game in every stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

castlerocker wrote:
Give me a f'kin' break! A fourteen-year-old staying up until midnight or 1am on a Saturday night is hardly what the vast majority of people would call unwholesome or immoral...

Seriously, we're having the best season since Dana Dimel was coach, and people are unhappy that the kickoff time doesn't suit bed time on a Saturday night? Guess what? It's not 1979 anymore! There's this thing called TV now, and we're on it. If we weren't, we'd be as irrelevant as the pay phone...
Last edited by Wyovanian on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

rich22 wrote:
castlerocker wrote:

AMEN AND HALLELUJAH!!! YOU, sir, are a 'Pokes fan through and through!!!
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

COS Cowboy wrote:
castlerocker wrote:
It was only the biggest story in UW Football since the Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma. ESPN said, "Can we make BYU* a night game and broadcast it?" and Roach said, "We have no lights!" ESPN said, "That's okay, we'll bring our own!" to which Roach replied, "A night game in Laramie won't sell out!" ESPN answered with, "We'll guarantee the sell out!"

And the rest is history...