South bleachers

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
TexasFight
Buckaroo

Just wondering if this was the first time that ya'll have put up temp bleachers.

And since ill be sitting there, how far back are they from the back of the endzone and do we know many rows there are?

Us Texas fans have had bad experiences with temp bleachers that stadiums put up for us. So just curious.
East_Popcorn_State
Buckaroo

I believe the bleachers go up anytime theres a big game. Virginia, Ole Miss, etc.. You will probably be sitting closer to the field than any other temp bleachers or endzone seats you've sat in.
Rhoby13
Buckaroo

Us Texas fans have had bad experiences with temp bleachers that stadiums put up for us. So just curious.
I take it you had tickets to the UH game in 2001?
TexasFight
Buckaroo

Rhoby13 wrote:
I take it you had tickets to the UH game in 2001?
Ha, yep. One of the worst things i've ever experienced at a game. We're never playing there again because of it. This is just another reason why we call them Cougar High.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

East_Popcorn_State wrote:I believe the bleachers go up anytime theres a big game. Virginia, Ole Miss, etc.. You will probably be sitting closer to the field than any other temp bleachers or endzone seats you've sat in.
Sorry...that isn't the case. To my recollection, UW has never put in temporary bleachers. The bleachers are going up, because the east side stands are under construction, and UW stood to lose in the vacinity of $100,000 in attendance income (from the Texas game). The bleachers haven't been in the North since the building of the RAC (former Knothole section). The bleachers haven't been in the south for 4 or so years (former Knothole section), because UW put in...picnic tables. :lol:
Last edited by McPeachy on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Rhoby13
Buckaroo

Does anyone have pictures to what they look like?
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

The knothole was great, I think they should leave those bleachers up permanently like they used to be. And they are probably closer to the field than any other end zone bleachers you UT fans have been in before, although I'm sure they're not the most comfortable ones in the world either.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Rhoby13 wrote:Does anyone have pictures to what they look like?
They are not in yet. They won't be bad...I know that.
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

calpoke25 wrote:The knothole was great, I think they should leave those bleachers up permanently like they used to be. And they are probably closer to the field than any other end zone bleachers you UT fans have been in before, although I'm sure they're not the most comfortable ones in the world either.
I liked them as well. I always thought they should build a more permanent seating structure in the south endzone...
Dear Karma,

calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Rhoby13 wrote:Does anyone have pictures to what they look like?
Very, very basic metal bleachers, like a high school game. I cant find a pic but if I do I'll post it. But they will only be about 10 yards away from the field, assuming they're set up the way they used to be.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote: I liked them as well. I always thought they should build a more permanent seating structure in the south endzone...
I would love to see a permanent seating structure in the south endzone, but until we have the year-in, year-out demand for more seats nothing is coming. Hopefully it will though, because that means we'll be winning more games
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

I'd like to see an enclosed stadium in my lifetime. :twocents:
ImageImageImageImage
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

This little shot shows the knothole section in place on the north side-

Before rochelle of course.
TexasFight
Buckaroo

pokerupfront wrote:This little shot shows the knothole section in place on the north side-

Great pic. If that's similar to what we'll have in a few weeks that's not bad at all. I love visiting different stadiums, big or small. So I'm excited about this trip.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

TexasFight wrote:
pokerupfront wrote:This little shot shows the knothole section in place on the north side-

Great pic. If that's similar to what we'll have in a few weeks that's not bad at all. I love visiting different stadiums, big or small. So I'm excited about this trip.

You can also rent the seats that clip onto the bleachers or the regular stadium seating and they will make it more comfortable (or bring your own).
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

DAMN! That is a great picture. Day game...sold out, pre RAC. 88 vs. UTEP for the WAC championship?
Dear Karma,

pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:

DAMN! That is a great picture. Day game...sold out, pre RAC. 88 vs. UTEP for the WAC championship?
If so, then I was there, west stands, 45 yardline, hammered!!