We can't over-look EMU.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

If any game smells like a trap, it's this one, this week. After Brian Hill's comments during MWC media days, we know the team has a history of over-looking opponents. The only thing keeping us from falling for the trap is the opponent. Eastern Michigan beat us because we over-looked them and because we had the seventh youngest team in the country.

It's not Ram week yet. One game at a time Pokes.

Eastern Michigan is the only thing that matters.

Eastern Michigan.......

Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

What did Brian say? I missed that.

I forgot EMU plays on a gray turf. I'm forgetting a lot of things lately.

I don't think Wyoming will be in a bad place mentally. They LOST to this team last year. Anyone overlooking these guys is too dumb to play for Bohl.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:What did Brian say? I missed that.

I forgot EMU plays on a gray turf. I'm forgetting a lot of things lately.

I don't think Wyoming will be in a bad place mentally. They LOST to this team last year. Anyone overlooking these guys is too dumb to play for Bohl.
He said they over-looked the three crappy ooc teams that beat us last year.

Here's the game thread from last years Eastern Michigan embarrassment. If you really want to take a trip down memory lane, go to page 25 of the Wyonation football message board and you can find the results of losing to EMU. You'll see threads entitled "Fire Craig Bohl" and others that will remind you that you can't over-look Eastern Michigan.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13091
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

We certainly aren't overlooking them after last year.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Eastern Michigan who?

I think the score will be similar to our last game. I don't imagine we'll jump on them as quickly, but will grind them down all game. I'm with the Harry Potter glasses wearing primate, no one associated with the team is overlooking EM after last year.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Junky, any game on the schedule that is circled is, by definition, NOT a trap game. I guarantee there's a circle around this one in the locker room.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote:Junky, any game on the schedule that is circled is, by definition, NOT a trap game. I guarantee there's a circle around this one in the locker room.
I know our players have plenty of reasons NOT to over-look Eastern Michigan. I also know that last year we over-looked Eastern Michigan, North Dakota, and Appy State.

I'm sure it's one of the topics they're discussing right now. Still, I'm sure they we're told the same thing last year.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:Junky, any game on the schedule that is circled is, by definition, NOT a trap game. I guarantee there's a circle around this one in the locker room.
I know our players have plenty of reasons NOT to over-look Eastern Michigan. I also know that last year we over-looked Eastern Michigan, North Dakota, and Appy State.

I'm sure it's one of the topics they're discussing right now. Still, I'm sure they we're told the same thing last year.
Since this is their first road game as a favorite in a very long time, along with it being a revenge game (with a good dose of the personal for Josh Allen), I highly doubt there's anyone looking past it.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

it was a sad, sad day watching that game in person last year!!! just hoping they go on the road and get er done!!!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:

Since this is their first road game as a favorite in a very long time, along with it being a revenge game (with a good dose of the personal for Josh Allen), I highly doubt there's anyone looking past it.
How do you explain looking past North Dakota, Appy State, and Eastern Michigan last year? Was it the over-confidence that comes with losing your opener to a poop team in North Dakota, or the over-confidence that comes with following that up by getting beat by EMU? Where did we get the over-confidence to over-look anyone last year, with the seventh youngest team in the country?

They had no reason to be over-confident last year, and they still over-looked THREE poop ooc teams.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Last year was last year. This year, is this year. This game is personal, and NOT being overlooked.

If any game was to be overlooked, it would have been the FCS game. Not against a team that embarrassed us last year and cost Allen near an entire season after only getting a couple of series.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:Last year was last year. This year, is this year. This game is personal, and NOT being overlooked.

If any game was to be overlooked, it would have been the FCS game. Not against a team that embarrassed us last year and cost Allen near an entire season after only getting a couple of series.
Agreed. Still, the guys on this team(most of them) are the ones that lost three times to crappy ooc opponents last season.

You may be confident that we've learned that lesson.

I'm not. We've sucked at football since Dana Dimel left.

We buried UC Davis like we should. I would like to see a little more evidence before I'm ready to put to bed the fears of getting beat by teams we should dominate. UC Davis was a home game. This is a road game.

If they don't come 100 percent focused, we'll get beat by the same poop team that finished last year 1-11, with their one win a 20 point blow-out of Wyoming in Laramie.
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

You would think players get it and learn....yet you still have players like May selfishly getting suspended.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

djm19 wrote:You would think players get it and learn....yet you still have players like May selfishly getting suspended.
I'm sure DJ has his head on strait now. His incident occurred last spring.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:Last year was last year. This year, is this year. This game is personal, and NOT being overlooked.

Agreed. Still, the guys on this team(most of them) are the ones that lost three times to crappy ooc opponents last season.

We buried UC Davis like we should. I would like to see a little more evidence before I'm ready to put to bed the fears of getting beat by teams we should dominate. UC Davis was a home game. This is a road game.

If they don't come 100 percent focused, we'll get beat by the same poop team that finished last year 1-11, with their one win a 20 point blow-out of Wyoming in Laramie.
You say we overlooked those 3 teams last year as if UW should have won them because they were the better team. North Dakota I will give you, but Wyo wasn't better (at the time of the games) than EMU or App State. By the end of the year they would have beat EMU, but not App State. I don't think they overlooked those 2, they simply weren't good enough to beat them...last year that is.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:

You say we overlooked those 3 teams last year as if UW should have won them because they were the better team. North Dakota I will give you, but Wyo wasn't better (at the time of the games) than EMU or App State. By the end of the year they would have beat EMU, but not App State. I don't think they overlooked those 2, they simply weren't good enough to beat them...last year that is.
I agree that Appy State was a better team. Still, we shouldn't ever lose to a team that just transitioned to FBS football. Call me an elitist. We should beat them every year. They were a better team than us last year.

EMU might have been the worst team in FCS. They got ass hammered by every team on their schedule aside from Wyoming.

Wyoming wasn't better than this last year?

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/mid- ... hedule.php
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

LanderPoke wrote:
djm19 wrote:You would think players get it and learn....yet you still have players like May selfishly getting suspended.
That is good to know. I must have missed the post on what he did. I was hoping he learned....
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

djm19 wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
That is good to know. I must have missed the post on what he did. I was hoping he learned....
apparently they let him chose which game to sit out and he chose UCD
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

If anything says trap game, it's the majority of our own fan base saying, "We're not going to over-look these guys," with our 1-3 record vs. the last four OOC teams we've played from inferior conferences.

I don't know what gives everyone the confidence that we'll come mentally prepared for a road game vs. an inferior opponent. I'm not that confident. I need to see more proof. We haven't won a road game since November 1st, 2014.

I'm usually the Wyoming sunshine pumper. :D

If we go into this game over-confident, we're coming home with our tails between our legs. If we start looking forward to the Border War, we're going to get beat.

I think most of you are right. I don't expect us to over-look EMU. Still, I'm not confident that we won't and I won't be surprised if we do over-look them.

Prove it Cowboys. Get a road win and bury these guys on the road.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Arthur Fonzerelli
Buckaroo

guys who took my orffice chair?!?!

HAS FOOTBALL Started yet? I'm at the stoure right now I went some dritos. did you know internet.......come on bullseyeeee and WAHOOOOOO GUYS WAHOOOOO!!!