Fifth Year Senior Transfer looking at Wyoming....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Got this info from other board but not going to copy and paste the article but here is some tidbits of info about him.

Matt Williams from Central Florida is looking at Wyoming as possibility. He was recruited by Jeremy Shyatt and Allen Edwards when he was still in high school before both coaches came to Wyoming.

He averaged 8.1 points and 2.6 rebounds last year. He has had some injuries his freshman and junior years so he was able to get a fifth year. He is a 6-5 220 pound swingman so can play guard or small forward. (Similar build to Hankerson somewhat)

His top choices right now that he is looking at are in no order (Wyoming, Wake Forest and Utep) and Miami is possibly looking at him.

I think this would be a good pick up. He would bring another upperclassmen to our younger group and he averaged about 31 minutes a game last year and made a team high 55 three pointers so would add another big guard that can shoot the ball at a decent clip. Imagine he would improve more over the summer as well and if he stays healthy could have a decent fifth year and be a good contributor to the team.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

In looking at his bio it looks like he had some injuries but is a pretty solid pickup if we could get him. I hope this works out. He has enough skill for the 2 or 3 and enough size to play the 4 if we go small ball like we do with Jmac. In fact Jmac and this kid on the floor at the same time would be pretty fun to watch from a shooting perspective.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I saw last week(I think) that Jeremy was down in FL recruiting. Must have been down to see him. I like this pick up. A senior would help balance out the classes and he looks like a versatile player that could do a number of things for us.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Would love some upper classmen experience, wish we could find a transfer big though....
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Morris Marshall 2.0

I kid, I kid. Hopefully he can have an affect like Jerron Granberry, helping the young guys develop and mature and being able to fill multiple roles. Ironically, wasn't Jerron a transfer from UCF as well?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

come on aboard and welcome!!!!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Jerron played for the University of North Florida.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

We're also looking at Taishaun Johnson from South Alabama.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
FromOhioToWyoming
Buckaroo

Coppin State grad transfer Christian Kessee just visited Tulane and will visit Old Dominion tomorrow. Nevada, La. Tech, Wyoming also in mix.
Golden Poke
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

Saw in the newspaper that Matt Williams is going to Wake Forest.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….