Spring Quarterback Update

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Coach Bohl had some words yesterday when it comes to the QB position. See what he had to say and find out what it all means here: http://www.wyonation.com/2016/03/spring ... ck-update/
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Thanks for the update, Chad. Certainly doesn't sound like Allen has run away with the starting spot. Leaves me wondering if Chandler Garrett might legitimately have a shot at pushing these two this summer.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Here is another report from Saturday. The first paragraph is encouraging.

http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-footbl/sp ... 16aaa.html
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

J-Rod wrote:Thanks for the update, Chad. Certainly doesn't sound like Allen has run away with the starting spot. Leaves me wondering if Chandler Garrett might legitimately have a shot at pushing these two this summer.
I think he wants a competition during the spring but I'm fairly certain he knows who the quarterback is going to be. Coach speak. He wants Allen to be challenged
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

If Josh Allen isn't running away with the starting spot, that pretty much says we will have some real good talent at QB.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Bohl has talked about competition his 3 off seasons so far, yet there has been no challenge for the QB spot. The QB spot has been given to the longest tenured QB on the roster both seasons, and no one has remotely challenged for the spot.

He refused to stray from Kirk and Coffman. Both played like QBs who knew there was no one behind them.

Bohl isn't going to surprise anyone with his pick.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote:If Josh Allen isn't running away with the starting spot, that pretty much says we will have some real good talent at QB.
Or lack of talent all around at QB.

But agree to disagree.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Thanks for the update, Chad. Certainly doesn't sound like Allen has run away with the starting spot. Leaves me wondering if Chandler Garrett might legitimately have a shot at pushing these two this summer.

:rofl:

Don't see it, but would be nice to see some sort of change up.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

BeaverPoke wrote:

Beav for QB! #LVIT2BVR
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:If Josh Allen isn't running away with the starting spot, that pretty much says we will have some real good talent at QB.

But agree to disagree.
It's your right to disagree, but I am basing my statement on what I saw in game in person. What I saw was a better QB performance than I have seen in the 2 previous years. What are you basing your statement on?
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Or maybe it means that a guy with 13 snaps in his career isn't the Messiah everyone here seems to think he is?
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

WYCowboy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

But agree to disagree.
It's your right to disagree, but I am basing my statement on what I saw in game in person. What I saw was a better QB performance than I have seen in the 2 previous years. What are you basing your statement on?
His Craig Bohl Derangement Syndrome...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

WYCowboy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

But agree to disagree.
Possibly he's talking about Allen looking "great" in a very small sample of game action. The guy he's "competing" with right now? Quite a bit bigger of a sample of game action, and looked no where near a guy that should be on a division 1 football field playing qb.

If Allen doesn't run away with the job during spring then it isn't a sign of a great group of qb's. It would be a sign that the opposite is true
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

Bohl's being politically correct. It's Allen's job
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

Beav for QB! #LVIT2BVR

Lol while it may have been a dream as a kid to play QB for the Pokes, with the bitter angry fan I am on Wyonation, it will be real akward when I start a thread saying BeaverPoke is trash and needs benched.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

But agree to disagree.
If Allen isn't the clear leader that means Nick Smith, the 47% passer is sticking around. That does not bode well for some real good talent at QB. That means Allen is barely ahead (or behind) Smith.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

wyokoke wrote:
Or maybe it means that a guy with 13 snaps in his career isn't the Messiah everyone here seems to think he is?
Right? It's weird that everyone has Allen pegged as a force for having a few good plays against EMU...possibly the worst team in America. Worse than most FCS opponents.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
Right? It's weird that everyone has Allen pegged as a force for having a few good plays against EMU...possibly the worst team in America. Worse than most FCS opponents.
Possibly the worst team in America yet they came into our house and beat the hell out of us lol
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
Possibly the worst team in America yet they came into our house and beat the hell out of us lol
Probably would have beat Oregon State too.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
I don't think anyone who saw him play noticed the potential. He moved the offense at will against EMU. They couldn't stop him. That performance was enough to get people excited. Nothing more, nothing less.