Adams to come off the bench this Saturday

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

http://www.wyosports.net/adams-won-t-st ... 8529f.html

Shyatt says it's for the technical foul... Something tells me if we won the game, Shyatt wouldn't be doing this. Also I'm pretty confident the incident involving Josh putting Morris Marshall in the game is a bigger factor in this decision. Josh wasn't even the only member of our team waving and clapping, and Trey Washington was also called for a technical...

I feel like this will be an unnecessary distraction for Saturday.

Thoughts?
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

So you're saying Shyatt is punishing Adams for the loss? I think Shyatt has a little more integrity than that. You obviously think he has none.

I know this: Shyatt expects his players to behave a certain way. Taunting the other team is junior high level behavior. So he'll sit a few minutes. If anything, it shows Shyatt doesn't play favorites.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

Well the fact that Marshall played one meaningless minute could be huge. If in fact Marshall checked in because Josh told him to and was in line for a medical redshirt and this blows it? That's a big deal
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:Well the fact that Marshall played one meaningless minute could be huge. If in fact Marshall checked in because Josh told him to and was in line for a medical redshirt and this blows it? That's a big deal
I could definitely see this being the case... If he was inline for a redshirt, that one minute could be HUGE
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:Well the fact that Marshall played one meaningless minute could be huge. If in fact Marshall checked in because Josh told him to and was in line for a medical redshirt and this blows it? That's a big deal
They weren't going for a medical redshirt. If they were shyatts public statements about Marshall would have been different. Shyatt just a week or two ago came out and said marshal wasn't playing because he wasn't as good as Lieberman or Washington.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote:So you're saying Shyatt is punishing Adams for the loss? I think Shyatt has a little more integrity than that. You obviously think he has none.

I know this: Shyatt expects his players to behave a certain way. Taunting the other team is junior high level behavior. So he'll sit a few minutes. If anything, it shows Shyatt doesn't play favorites.
I think he has no integrity? Thanks for letting me know. Video shows hayden dalton also waving goodbye to Oliver, will his minutes be affected? Washington received a technical foul, will he be forced to come off the bench also? Adams wasn't forced to come off the bench earlier this year when he received a technical after taunting the official and being publicly reprimanded by the MWC, so there must be something different this time around. I don't think it's too far fetched to associate the Marshall situation with this decision by Shyatt
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:
bladerunnr wrote:So you're saying Shyatt is punishing Adams for the loss? I think Shyatt has a little more integrity than that. You obviously think he has none.

I think he has no integrity? Thanks for letting me know. Video shows hayden dalton also waving goodbye to Oliver, will his minutes be affected? Washington received a technical foul, will he be forced to come off the bench also? Adams wasn't forced to come off the bench earlier this year when he received a technical after taunting the official and being publicly reprimanded by the MWC, so there must be something different this time around. I don't think it's too far fetched to associate the Marshall situation with this decision by Shyatt
Agreed. I don't think Shyatt was very happy with that decision
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

This has nothing do to with Marshall.

It is because of the technical's. Washington will not be starting either.

When the technical's all happened Wyoming was up 49-42. If our guys don't taunt Nevada we get two free throws and we made one of them, so we go up 50-42. They get the ball because of the possession arrow from the jump ball. They hit a 3 . Would have been 50-45 Wyoming lead with the ball.

Instead we get two tech's on us as well for taunting. As said above we only make one of ours and they make all 4 of theirs. So the score is 50-46. They get the ball hit a 3 and it is 50-49. So because of the taunting and what played out they gained 3 extra points there that put them right back in the game that they wouldn't have received otherwise if you do not taunt. The taunting technical's were a huge deal and greatly affected the outcome of the game.

Shyatt won't put up with that whether it is the best player on the team or the worst. Those calls could have cost Wyoming a win and then ultimately cost us a higher seeding in the MWC tournament. This move by Shyatt doesn't surprise me one bit. I doubt Josh will be out for more than 5 minutes though.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

You guys are crazy. Washington got his T for defending his teammate after Oliver(wha Trey thought) punched Mcm while Adams got his for taunting Oliver after the fact. that's a big difference and Trey probably won't be starting either so the punishment is the same.
As far as the coaches being mad about the Marshall thing, you don't think the coaches could have stopped him from going in if they didn't want him to? That's crazy. Josh came off and told Marshall to go in and the coaches knew he did it. They just let him make that choice because they trust him that much. He didn't go behind the coaches back to sub him in.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote:
They weren't going for a medical redshirt. If they were shyatts public statements about Marshall would have been different. Shyatt just a week or two ago came out and said marshal wasn't playing because he wasn't as good as Lieberman or Washington.
They may not be GOING for a medical redshirt, but the fact is that if he didn't play another minute this season and they can get medical documentation stating he had an injury that kept him from playing the rest of the season, then he could have applied - and probably would have received - a waiver. Might as well get another year if you can. But now he won't be eligible.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

cali2wyo wrote: Washington received a technical foul, will he be forced to come off the bench also?
Washington always comes off the bench. Shyatt has really nothing to lose benching Adams. At best this is a middle of the road team that is gearing up for the next two years. And right now he is trying to instill some discipline in the players.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote:
Coeur d' Alene wrote:
They may not be GOING for a medical redshirt, but the fact is that if he didn't play another minute this season and they can get medical documentation stating he had an injury that kept him from playing the rest of the season, then he could have applied - and probably would have received - a waiver. Might as well get another year if you can. But now he won't be eligible.
I don't want another year of only one senior. We need to balance out our classes a bit and adding another player to next years junior class won't help that.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

TSpoke wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:
Coeur d' Alene wrote:
I don't want another year of only one senior. We need to balance out our classes a bit and adding another player to next years junior class won't help that.
I don't necessarily agree with you as (unless we got a crazy good recruit in his place) I would take experienced guys over young guys any day. But it's a non-issue as we won't have to worry about it now, thanks Josh.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wow. An early showing of the 2016-2017 Wyoming Cowboys will be on at the AA tomorrow afternoon.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

So sarcastically waving at a player gets you suspended one and apparently is equal to BYU's, Emory purposely punching a player in the face?
hmmm?
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I wonder since Josh is being suspended for getting two technical's does that mean Nevada's player is suspended also for their game? Or because he was ejected for 2 in our game he only has to sit out the first half or is he allowed to play the full game?

Edit: I guess the guy for Nevada gets to play his full game and only got a public reprimand.

Guess the reason Josh is suspended is because of the "accumulation". He had one technical already this year and had the physical altercation last year so he had a shorter leash and this technical on Wednesday ended up being the last straw for him to receive the suspension.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Is anyone else getting pumped for the MWC tourney? I mean we're getting a little hosed here. Our coach has popped off on the MWC which was exactly the right move. Sounds like we're getting jobbed a little here by these MWC officials. Pushing our seed down, letting some of our highest rated teams get more recognition. Makes enough dirty sense to me. We're still gonna be scary when the MWC tourney hits if we are at full healthy strength. Our team needs to get gritty now, its that time in conference. Go beat Boise!!! GOOOOOO POKES!!!!!

SDSU is the only team that scares me in the MWC goin forward. We can beat them on a neutral court if we get hot and play close to flawless. UNLV might be tougher too with their new coach and that game would be at the T & M. Those will be the scariest teams come MWC tourney I think. Let's see what Boise has. Hope we play with fire tomorrow, that's all. Just a little fire.
Riding High!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

What a crock of crap. Josh gets suspended because Oliver punches JMac in the face. What a joke.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

kansasCowboy wrote:So sarcastically waving at a player gets you suspended one and apparently is equal to BYU's, Emory purposely punching a player in the face?
hmmm?
That's what I think too. What a bunch of BS.
LanderPoke wrote:What a crock of crap. Josh gets suspended because Oliver punches JMac in the face. What a joke.
I agree!
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.