Curry the deed

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

One of UW's football recruits, Curry the deed, is a two-sport standout for Abilene High School in Kansas. He appears to be receiving recuitment on both the basketball and football fronts. While looking through rivals, it showed him having scholarship offers from UW for both football and basketball. I'm wondering whether that may be a flaw in the database since he appears to be using the same profile for both football and basketball. It would also kind of be odd if Christensen and Schroyer were competing with one another to sign the same player, but my guess would be that the database doesn't recognize the difference between basketball and football and that is why he is showing up under UW's basketball recruiting page.

Regardless, there were 2 other UW football recruits who look to be receiving recruitment for basketball as well. I know Christensen uses a points system to score the recruits and decides off of that whether to recruit them or not. He appears to be looking for athletes first and foremost.
MtnFBfan
Buckaroo

In that spread offense, having more athlethes would be helpful and it can be considered like basketball on grass. With those spread offenses, it seems like schools who deploy the spread offense will be more likely to recruit multi-sport athletes especially ones that play both football and basketball.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

TheRealUW wrote:One of UW's football recruits, Curry the deed, is a two-sport standout for Abilene High School in Kansas. He appears to be receiving recuitment on both the basketball and football fronts. While looking through rivals, it showed him having scholarship offers from UW for both football and basketball. I'm wondering whether that may be a flaw in the database since he appears to be using the same profile for both football and basketball. It would also kind of be odd if Christensen and Schroyer were competing with one another to sign the same player, but my guess would be that the database doesn't recognize the difference between basketball and football and that is why he is showing up under UW's basketball recruiting page.

Regardless, there were 2 other UW football recruits who look to be receiving recruitment for basketball as well. I know Christensen uses a points system to score the recruits and decides off of that whether to recruit them or not. He appears to be looking for athletes first and foremost.

Enlighten us on the point system RUW. Do they get points for speed, size, or what?
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
MtnFBfan
Buckaroo

WYCowboy wrote:Enlighten us on the point system RUW. Do they get points for speed, size, or what?
I don't think DC would tell you how he does that. :mrgreen: