Victory over Nevada should re-instill trust in Craig Bohl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Story: http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... b7e44.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Love this:

“In the past — I’m not knocking old coaches or anything — there was a sense of a little bit of losing mentality,” junior linebacker D.J. May said. “I’d see guys give up. But with the team we have now and the coaches, I feel like no one’s giving up. ... Everyone still wants to win if we’re down three touchdowns, four touchdowns, or if we’re up. ... I think that’s very important, too, when you’re building a young team.”
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:Love this:

“In the past — I’m not knocking old coaches or anything — there was a sense of a little bit of losing mentality,” junior linebacker D.J. May said. “I’d see guys give up. But with the team we have now and the coaches, I feel like no one’s giving up. ... Everyone still wants to win if we’re down three touchdowns, four touchdowns, or if we’re up. ... I think that’s very important, too, when you’re building a young team.”

Devils advocate: Pretty sure I remember seeing quotes like that when Christensen took over for Glenn.

Similar to when players talk about how a new coaching staff is changing things up at practice.

But by no means is it a bad thing what he said. Just not something all that telling or unique.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
poke em
Buckaroo

I agree with DJ May. This group doesn't seem to quit, and that is something we haven't seen in Laramie since the first couple years with Glenn.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

poke em wrote:I agree with DJ May. This group doesn't seem to quit, and that is something we haven't seen in Laramie since the first couple years with Glenn.
Yep. Under DC, outside of a couple of exceptions, if the game got more than a couple scores out of reach, nearly the entire team would shut down and go through the motions (with a few exceptions like Brett Smith). Under Bohl, despite ultra-conservative play calling through the vast majority of the games, the players don't quit. I give them that.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I just want to know if the college football season will be interrupted - or not completed at all before I instill trust in anything.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

fromolwyoming wrote:
poke em wrote:I agree with DJ May. This group doesn't seem to quit, and that is something we haven't seen in Laramie since the first couple years with Glenn.
Yep. Under DC, outside of a couple of exceptions, if the game got more than a couple scores out of reach, nearly the entire team would shut down and go through the motions (with a few exceptions like Brett Smith). Under Bohl, despite ultra-conservative play calling through the vast majority of the games, the players don't quit. I give them that.
Agreed, in DC's first year there was a lot of fight (ie-San Diego State down 21 after 3 and win it with 23 seconds left, NM Bowl, down 11 in the 4th, tied it with 20 seconds left to send it to OT). But then things started to unravel in year two.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Yep, the first couple years under DC the teams had some fight and some grit, but by his last season many of them mailed it in and our leader was nowhere to be found except standing on the sideline by himself and scribbling some notes. And that's why he had to go.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

This thread title is misleading.

As I stated, and will continue to stand behind my statement - I love the win, and love the effort, and so happy that it happened for our team, etc. But I don't have a raging boner sitting here thinking about how great 1 & 6 is.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:This thread title is misleading.

As I stated, and will continue to stand behind my statement - I love the win, and love the effort, and so happy that it happened for our team, etc. But I don't have a raging boner sitting here thinking about how great 1 & 6 is.
Not a raging boner but a boner nonetheless?
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Cuttslam wrote:
McPeachy wrote:This thread title is misleading.

Not a raging boner but a boner nonetheless?
If we beat CSewe...the boner will then appear. :thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I think a few on this board are getting a little carried away about a single win. When's the parade?

Having said that, I'm very relieved and happy for the players they won. What a monkey off their back to know they won't be going 0-12. I was one of the first to say they would go winless, and I was obviously wrong. It felt nice to finally see Wyoming on the right side of the scoreboard. In fact, I think a couple more wins (Colorado St., Fresno St., UNLV are all winnable games) isn't out of the realm of possibility. But let's pump the brakes just a little on how this was some program-defining win.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

I don't think it is a "defining win," however, I do believe that the fourth quarter was one of the most important for MANY young players. Many of these guys maybe went through HS with little effort. Big fish in a small pond. They have never went through something like this. Although I do get a chuckle out of your posts SDPoke, just try being optimistic about the state of the team. This could very-well be a defining win for many guys thinking winning is possible. Nevada is no world beater, but they competed with Arizona for a time, they competed with Texas AM for a while, they beat NM soundly. I am seeing a culture change, whether W/L reflects that or not. I have family members on the team, and the guys sticking it out, are the guys as fans we can be proud of. They have EVERY reason to quit...and they aren't/
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

SDPokeFan wrote:I think a few on this board are getting a little carried away about a single win. When's the parade?

Having said that, I'm very relieved and happy for the players they won. What a monkey off their back to know they won't be going 0-12. I was one of the first to say they would go winless, and I was obviously wrong. It felt nice to finally see Wyoming on the right side of the scoreboard. In fact, I think a couple more wins (Colorado St., Fresno St., UNLV are all winnable games) isn't out of the realm of possibility. But let's pump the brakes just a little on how this was some program-defining win.
Too bad we don't play Fresno St. this year.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

San Diego st could be winnable
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

laxwyo wrote:San Diego st could be winnable
Yes. I don't think they're good. They beat San Jose, Fresno and Hawaii and they think they're world beaters. Class of the West Division, yay! At this point we may be better than San Joser, Fresno and Hawaii.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote:
laxwyo wrote:San Diego st could be winnable
Yes. I don't think they're good. They beat San Jose, Fresno and Hawaii and they think they're world beaters. Class of the West Division, yay! At this point we may be better than San Joser, Fresno and Hawaii.
I think it's a given we're better than Fresno. Considering last year they were better, and we had our best game all season against them, and Brian Hill set a couple of records too.
snowsailor
Buckaroo

More moral victories and acceptance of mediocrity. Typical Wyoming fashion.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

COS Cowboy wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:I think a few on this board are getting a little carried away about a single win. When's the parade?

Blah...meant San Diego St. Whatever that team we play the second to last game of the year is! Thanks for catching that though. :oops:
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote:
COS Cowboy wrote:

Blah...meant San Diego St. Whatever that team we play the second to last game of the year is! Thanks for catching that though. :oops:
Not trying to start a fight or anything here, but its amazing how much you've changed your tune now that we got over the hump and got a W