For The Rest Of The Season

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PCB
Ranch Hand

I'm going to have a change of attitude. We, the coaches, the fans and most of all the players don't like what has happened this season. I will just look for improvement, don't think they can regress unless injuries come into play. There are positives but not in team play, (C'Mon Man) only individual play (Hill, Wingard, etc.) It's pretty much a lost season and as the dumb saying goes, it is what it is. We are setting up for a great future, IMO. I'll stick with these kids no matter what. It's so very hard to compete at this level for any team or player given the work off the field such as something called the classroom. They have a tough personal schedule and they try as hard as they can to balance things. I may continue to gripe and complain about certain calls or screw ups but I will be solidly behind the Pokes all the way. No matter the results I want these kids to know how much I appreciate what they do. Wont kick em when they are down. :thumb: to the Cowboys.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

It's hard to compete at this level with all the work off the field they have to do? Yep. Sure is. Same as it is for every kid on every team we play.

Sugar-coating our losses creates the Burman motto of "we are who we are".

News flash: Life is hard. Football is hard. Winning is hard. Not just for us. For everyone. Simply showing up and trying isn't enough. Showing up and trying are good things, but there needs to be more. Achievement and success need to happen.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
PCB
Ranch Hand

Not talking about other kids or other teams but I did say any team or player, put your glasses on. And didn't sugar coat anything. And I don't think they simply show up and just try. Minimizing their efforts is a rotten thing to do. News Flash: Your News Flash is no news flash, its just unoriginal and bromide filled.
Last edited by PCB on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

I haven't seen quit in the boys. I'm still onboard with the current coaching staff.

I'm not going to say that the season isn't a disaster though.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Hayduke wrote:I haven't seen quit in the boys. I'm still onboard with the current coaching staff.

I'm not going to say that the season isn't a disaster though.
This is where I'm at as well. Optimistic realist.
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

I haven't seen quit in the boys.
Oh, nobody's quit.

Except a few fans on this board.
PCB
Ranch Hand

True dat.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Participation ribbons for everybody! Hey at least they're trying! Now that's Cowboy tough!
PCB
Ranch Hand

SDPokeFan wrote:Participation ribbons for everybody! Hey at least they're trying! Now that's Cowboy tough!
Would you rather they don't try?
BringBackStutzriem
Buckaroo

There's not much to be positive about, so have a sense of humor about it. We could write volumes of Faulkner prose on a Deadspin "Why Your Team Sucks" college series. Does anyone have highlights chopped up of our quarterback play in Week 2, by the way? We may never see something that bad again - ever.

Oh, and at least we're not Columbia. Their losing streak is up to 24, I believe.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

PCB wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:Participation ribbons for everybody! Hey at least they're trying! Now that's Cowboy tough!
Would you rather they don't try?
They are FBS (supposedly) football players receiving an education that costs tens of thousands for a regular student. They shouldn't be patted on the back for trying like this is the Special Olympics. Trying shouldn't ever come into question or be a rallying point.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

In all honesty, even before we knew Bohl would take over, I gave whoever would take over 2 bye years. The first because it would be a whole new system being implemented and the second because we would lose a ton of seniors from the new coach's first year with only a small number of upper classmen coming back and having to start a bunch of underclassmen at a lot of places.