Craig Bohl: Simply an illusionist?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

So back to the main architect over at The War.

So for those of you ready to already (after 16 games!) label Craig Bohl a bust, I ask you, was his success at NDSU, and his highly thought of coaching pedigree from most within the CFB industry, has his previous success had to do with nothing more than smoke and mirrors? Explain for me please, if you can, his monstrous success at NDSU winning THREE (3) straight championships and an overall record of 108-44 in 11 seasons in Fargo.

You mean he knew what kinds of players to recruit in Fargo - but in Laramie he is out of his element? All of a sudden Craig Bohl has turned stupid?

Please elaborate and tell me how and where Craig Bohl lost his fastball...in 16 football games to date.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Yabadabadoo wrote:So back to the main architect over at The War.

So for those of you ready to already (after 16 games!) label Craig Bohl a bust, I ask you, was his success at NDSU, and his highly thought of coaching pedigree from most within the CFB industry, has his previous success had to do with nothing more than smoke and mirrors? Explain for me please, if you can, his monstrous success at NDSU winning THREE (3) straight championships and an overall record of 108-44 in 11 seasons in Fargo.

You mean he knew what kinds of players to recruit in Fargo - but in Laramie he is out of his element? All of a sudden Craig Bohl has turned stupid?

Please elaborate and tell me how and where Craig Bohl lost his fastball...in 16 football games to date.
Nothing really to elaborate on.
He can't recruit to win at this level. He could at a D2 powerhouse, because he was going against other FCS teams. Yet now he has to go against D1 players.

Plus, you can't recruit a winning football team to Laramie.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:

He can't recruit to win at this level. He could at a D2 powerhouse, because he was going against other FCS teams. Yet now he has to go against D1 players.

Interesting how you have come to a definitive conclusion on his recruiting prowess (or lack thereof) in a mere 16 games - especially considering he has essentially accumulated but one and a half years of recruiting. Especially considering that our best young defensive player (Andrew Wingard) was a Bohl recruit, our best offensive football player (Brian Hill) was a Bohl recruit, and some of our best young offensive lineman...are also Bohl recruits.

So that's it? The cake is done and bring it out of the oven - nothing more to see here?

Also, if you cannot recruit a winning football team to Laramie then I guess it doesn't matter who the head coach is?

I see, well then send a note to the McMurry family and tell them we'll send that $6 million check back to them post haste.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:Nothing really to elaborate on.

Can't recruit? He recruited the guy who's on pace to become the best running back in Wyoming history.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Yabadabadoo wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

Interesting how you have come to a definitive conclusion on his recruiting prowess (or lack thereof) in a mere 16 games - especially considering he has essentially accumulated but one and a half years of recruiting. Especially considering that our best young defensive player (Andrew Wingard) was a Bohl recruit, our best offensive football player (Brian Hill) was a Bohl recruit, and some of our best young offensive lineman...are also Bohl recruits.

So that's it? The cake is done and bring it out of the oven - nothing more to see here?

Also, if you cannot recruit a winning football team to Laramie then I guess it doesn't matter who the head coach is?

I see, well then send a note to the McMurry family and tell them we'll send that $6 million check back to them post haste.

The coach does not matter, you are correct.

Might as well send that 6 mil to the hoops team or start paying players and illegal benefits.

Anything is better than what we have now.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Nothing really to elaborate on.

Can't recruit? He recruited the guy who's on pace to become the best running back in Wyoming history.

Neat.

Lemme know when we get a f-word win.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:Lemme know when we get a f-word win.
Don't worry, I will!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Both of our all time rushers will be from losing teams coached by FCS coaches who can't win in the MW.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Lemme know when we get a f-word win.
Don't worry, I will!
You won't be getting back to him this year. And we have established Bohl can recruit running backs. Unfortunately there are 10 other players on the field at once. And I agree with Beaver. Sink the $6 million into the AA and hoops we can compete at that.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I don't get people getting so excited over a few young guys contributing and equating that to being a badass recruiter. Christensen had just as many, if not more, young guys stepping up and contributing year after year. Yet somehow his horrible recruiting is to blame for this mess?
tweaked
Ranch Hand

Folks, we have a very weak football team right now but it is far, far too early to be coming to conclusions about Bohl's ability or inability to recruit to Laramie. We'll have that data in 2-3 years. Please.
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

Some of you posters need to go to the Wyoming athletics website and pull up the depth chart. You will not find a younger roster in the country right now.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Or a worse team in the country right now.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

wyokoke wrote:Or a worse team in the country right now.
No pain, no gain.
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand

Well, it might be interesting to go ask a few Texas fans about now.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Poke in Billings wrote:
Texas would beat UW by 6 TDs. I don't believe I'm exaggerating that either.
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand

wyokoke wrote:
Poke in Billings wrote:
I won't argue with that. But speaking of a painful year for fans, I could see the Longhorns possibly losing out the rest of the way. Should the Pokes stub their toe and win a game, Texas could be the competition for worst record.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Poke in Billings wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
Poke in Billings wrote:
I won't argue with that. But speaking of a painful year for fans, I could see the Longhorns possibly losing out the rest of the way. Should the Pokes stub their toe and win a game, Texas could be the competition for worst record.
No way they lose to Iowa State or Kansas...Hell UW could give Kansas a run for it I think
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Bohl should and will get time, but this idea that it is acceptable to go winless (especially against the competition we have and will face) is absolutely ludicrous. This is his hot mess and it is absolutely unacceptable (have you let who we've had our asses kicked by really marinate?). No one that I can think of has regressed to the worst team in their own level only to follow it up with dominance a few short years later. I feel were f-word beyond all recognition, but see no choice other than to let it bake out.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 4 times

Or maybe he was beating up on the Little Sisters of the Poor in FCS, same as Joe Glenn, and can't get it done in FBS?