New Mexico

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Lobos are a 3-point favorite, o/u is at 56. I expect the game to have much more scoring than that. Two poor defenses taking on scary rushing attacks. This game might last 2.5 hours with all that running, but I expect a high-scoring game.

I was right about the WSU game, I hope I'm right about this one. I think home field advantage is the difference, Wyoming winning something around 38-35.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

Hard to know what New Mexico is this year. Losses to Tulsa and Arizona but they didn't give up a ton of points. We didn't really light it up last week. No points in the second half of what I'm guessing is one of the 2 or 3 worst teams in the pac 12. I would actually lean toward the under and New Mexico based on their tougher schedule. But this is a game not to bet, imo.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

WSU is finesse and still building. I think the team speed helped defend the air raid. UNM is going to run all over Wyoming and the board will revert to doom and gloom for a week with the sunshine pumpers questioning fandom. Dino is going to talk about his fact based 7 year plan and SD is going to argue his brilliant idea of dropping to FCS.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I won't predict anything one way or another, mainly because I missed UNM's game and couldn't see for myself how well they do.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Pokes win 34-21.

Feeling optimistic again.

Just happy there is decent food, beer, and a live band at the IPF.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

We owe them, from last years snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in Albuquerque.

All going to boil down to outscoring them. We sputter on offense - we won't win.

Love to see us score 6-7 td's on 8-9 possessions...that would be refreshing.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote:We owe them, from last years snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in Albuquerque.

All going to boil down to outscoring them. We sputter on offense - we won't win.

80's-era Wyoming Cowboys football. Where's Del Wight when we need him to hold the opposition under 38 points?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Wyovanian wrote:
McPeachy wrote:We owe them, from last years snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in Albuquerque.

80's-era Wyoming Cowboys football. Where's Del Wight when we need him to hold the opposition under 38 points?
God, I miss those Del Wight defenses. Those guys were just bad asses who really put the hurt to people.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

31 - 26 L.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 135 times

I really thought UNM would be a little better this year. Kind of an interesting side note, but the UNM fans are in a spot that many on this board project us to be in...essentially 3 and looking like 4 years of futility in the MWC under Davie.

I wonder if UNM will stick with Davie (assuming the futility comment is correct) or if they decide to go another direction? If the decade crowd is correct, then starting next year, UNM should be pretty good. UNM should stick with him and they will have their championship in 2 years.

Me? I'm still suspicious of that thought process. In the G5 ranks, there are some examples of patience paying off, but most highly successful coaches get it (meaning a nice 7+ or 8+ win season) within the first 4 years.

It is also an interesting game because it will be a decent barometer regarding the level of improvement. A UND-like game and UNM will win by 14+. If WSU was real improvement (and not just an absolutely terrible WSU team), then this game could go either way.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

ragtimejoe1 wrote:I really thought UNM would be a little better this year. Kind of an interesting side note, but the UNM fans are in a spot that many on this board project us to be in...essentially 3 and looking like 4 years of futility in the MWC under Davie.

I wonder if UNM will stick with Davie (assuming the futility comment is correct) or if they decide to go another direction? If the decade crowd is correct, then starting next year, UNM should be pretty good. UNM should stick with him and they will have their championship in 2 years.

Me? I'm still suspicious of that thought process. In the G5 ranks, there are some examples of patience paying off, but most highly successful coaches get it (meaning a nice 7+ or 8+ win season) within the first 4 years.

It is also an interesting game because it will be a decent barometer regarding the level of improvement. A UND-like game and UNM will win by 14+. If WSU was real improvement (and not just an absolutely terrible WSU team), then this game could go either way.
The difference between Davie and Bohl is that Davie hadn't coached in something like a decade, whereas Bohl had. So I think it's been a steep learning curve for Davie, whereas Bohl is basically building from the ground up here (Davie had to as well, but a decade out of coaching doesn't help).
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 135 times

fromolwyoming wrote: The difference between Davie and Bohl is that Davie hadn't coached in something like a decade, whereas Bohl had. So I think it's been a steep learning curve for Davie, whereas Bohl is basically building from the ground up here (Davie had to as well, but a decade out of coaching doesn't help).
So, Bohl will be faster or the UNM folks should be given longer (than the 7-8 years people are predicting for Bohl)?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

They would be wise to give Davie a couple more years.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

debating if i i really want to go to this one or not??? that's 4 weeks in a row, maybe I'll go to a horseshoe tourney in Kimball, NE instead, we'll see
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:debating if i i really want to go to this one or not??? that's 4 weeks in a row, maybe I'll go to a horseshoe tourney in Kimball, NE instead, we'll see
You know you want to... It may be their only win this year. You don't want to miss that.
It may be their worst loss. Which in that case... I'll leave it up to you.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

I think this weekend may be the game that we tie everything together. Even though the Wazzu game was a loss, I can guarantee it helped build confidence and things are starting to gel. Should be a fun one!
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote:debating if i i really want to go to this one or not??? that's 4 weeks in a row, maybe I'll go to a horseshoe tourney in Kimball, NE instead, we'll see
I don't know if you could pay me enough to spend a weekend in Kimball. That sounds like a weekend you'll never get back.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

I have family in Kimball...
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Taking my 10 mo son and two of my nieces( one of them her 1st game, son's second). I hope we get a win!