It just got pretty lonely on the bandwagon

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Hayduke
Cowpoke

As an alum and fan of both schools, this has been a weird day. I am happy for UND's first win over an fbs opponent, and I was wearing green at The War today, a part of me wishes it wouldn't have come against the Pokes.

The Wyoming fan in me is wondering some things. How did UND establish the run so early? How did they keep coming up with the big plays? How did they keep squashing Wyomings running attack? Why did Bohl's offense have problems with Bubba's defense, one he is greatly familiar with.

I don't write off the Pokes after thus game. Bohl is a great coach and I think this is just a bump in the road.
Kinda suck though to watch on alna mater beat the other. I did not expect this result.

I do want to say that I am extremely proud, as always, with the UW fans myself and my UND friends ran into. My UND friends repeatedly said both before and after the game that they have never met a nicer fanbase and Laramie is a great place..as we all know.

Also, I'm glad this game us over. It'll be fun to tailgate and watch the Eastern Michigan game in brown and gold.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Ha Ha This is funny to me!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Bohl eluded to the fact that he has struggled against 3-4 d's like this. Honestly, based on what he said, I think he has to do with the linebackers and how they can fill the gaps and our OL inability to block the second level. With only 3 DL, our OL failed to get a hat on their LBs and I think the scheme confused our OL
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

FarmerPoke wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:For as much as people talk about suffering through decades with this program, it's amazing how quickly those same people give up on the same program.
I gave up on the football program long ago, doesn't mean I don't root for them or pay attention anymore, would be thrilled to attend every game if I could and sing about roses and butterflies, but I don't attend poop shows.
Please don't quote or pay him any attention. He is a fan of a coach and not a program. At some point, hopefully after many successful seasons, Bohl will not be here and neither will his NDSU fanboys. Actually, they might fizzle out before that.

Best to put them on ignore and not quote them. A quote is the only time I see the nonsense.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Why not drop down to FCS for football and focus on basketball? At least we have some success in that sport. Wyoming football is not rebuilding. It is what it is. And what it is is a poor, and once in a while middling program. That's all it's ever going to be. The proof is in the pudding.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I'm still here but will watch the remaining games on my television. It's not worth spending hundreds of my hard earned dollars without them showing me a product worth spending it on
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

SDPokeFan wrote:Why not drop down to FCS for football and focus on basketball? At least we have some success in that sport. Wyoming football is not rebuilding. It is what it is. And what it is is a poor, and once in a while middling program. That's all it's ever going to be. The proof is in the pudding.
Ah, here comes the FINO (Fan In Name Only) to convince everyone that aspiring to a lower level is a good thing...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Wyovanian wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:Why not drop down to FCS for football and focus on basketball? At least we have some success in that sport. Wyoming football is not rebuilding. It is what it is. And what it is is a poor, and once in a while middling program. That's all it's ever going to be. The proof is in the pudding.
Ah, here comes the FINO (Fan In Name Only) to convince everyone that aspiring to a lower level is a good thing...
News flash: that lower level team whipped our ass.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Can't get D1 quality anymore, maybe thinking it's is for us after all we get their coaches
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Please don't quote or pay him any attention. He is a fan of a coach and not a program. At some point, hopefully after many successful seasons, Bohl will not be here and neither will his NDSU fanboys. Actually, they might fizzle out before that.

Best to put them on ignore and not quote them. A quote is the only time I see the nonsense.
Unless you know what the f-word you're talking about, don't talk about me ever again. You don't know me. If you did, you'd know your post couldn't be farther from the truth. I've watched more than twice as many Wyoming games over the past two seasons than I've ever watched of NDSU. How the f-word does that make me a NDSU fanboy?!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:Please don't quote or pay him any attention. He is a fan of a coach and not a program. At some point, hopefully after many successful seasons, Bohl will not be here and neither will his NDSU fanboys. Actually, they might fizzle out before that.

Unless you know what the f-word you're talking about, don't talk about me ever again. You don't know me. If you did, you'd know your post couldn't be farther from the truth. I've watched more than twice as many Wyoming games over the past two seasons than I've ever watched of NDSU. How the f-word does that make me a NDSU fanboy?!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

FIRE IT UP FIRE IT UP!!!!!!!!

At least this is entertaining! :popcorn:
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Damnit DVDA, I normally say don't quote the Bohl/NDSU fanboys, but that was pretty funny. "I've been a Cowboy fan for 2 whole years".
:rofl:

Good stuff.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

Riddle number 1:
How do you know when you've had a bad loss?
A: people start leaving the bandwagon.

Riddle number 2:
How do you know when you've had a really horrible loss?
A: people start throwing each other off the bandwagon.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

After the past 2 or 3 decades, I'm not sure it is accurate to describe a group of people who still cheer for Wyoming football as bandwagon. There are certainly a few NDSU folks that could be accurately described as such, but everyone else? Nah, bandwagon doesn't describe it.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Damnit DVDA, I normally say don't quote the Bohl/NDSU fanboys, but that was pretty funny. "I've been a Cowboy fan for 2 whole years".
:rofl:

Good stuff.
You wonder why there's an attitude of mediocrity around the program? Wyoming fans don't allow the fan base to grow. Only way you're allowed to be a fan of the Cowboys is if you went to UW or have been a fan since birth. That's it. It's no wonder they keep downsizing the War. The "true fans" don't dare associate themselves with anyone else.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

Exactly right Josh. All should be welcome in the tent.
I hung out with a Uw fan from Lincoln Saturday. That fan that posts herein every so often never lived in Wyoming. He never went to UW. He is a true fan that drove 8+ hours to Laramie. ALL you NDSU fans are welcomed, in fact count me in as a NDSU fan as well and I hope to make it to a game there.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Douglaspoke wrote:Exactly right Josh. All should be welcome in the tent.
I hung out with a Uw fan from Lincoln Saturday. That fan that posts herein every so often never lived in Wyoming. He never went to UW. He is a true fan that drove 8+ hours to Laramie. ALL you NDSU fans are welcomed, in fact count me in as a NDSU fan as well and I hope to make it to a game there.
I didn't say they weren't welcome. I said they would be the only ones that could be defined as bandwagon. If something doesn't work with Bohl, they'll be gone. They are Bohl fans and certainly welcome.

I have a few on ignore that like how to coach us on how to be real fans....after their whole 2 years of loyalty :rofl:
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Well said Douglaspoke and thanks for saying that.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

WYCowboy wrote:

Well said Douglaspoke and thanks for saying that.
Exactly.

Just need to keep the preachiness about NDSU to a minimum, as this is the Wyoming fan forums.