Let's Talk 2009-2010 Men's Hoops Roster!

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Guards:

PG Jaydee Luster, Xfer NM State, Jr.
PG Arthur Bouedo, Stoneridge, RFr.
PG Galand Thaxton, Laramie HS, So. (Walk-On)
SG AJ Davis, So.
SG Desmar Jackson, Warren HS Ohio, Fr.
SG Thomas Manzano, Garden City CC, Juco Xfer

Forwards:

SF Quinton Thomas, Southside HS S.C., Fr.
PF Amath M'Baye, Stoneridge, Fr.
SF Michael Dietz, Natrona HS, Fr.
PF Ryan Dermody, Sr.
PF Afam Muojeke, RSo.
PF Djibril Thiam, Jr.
PF Mahamoud Diakite, Sr.

Centers:

Adam Waddell, RSo.
Mikhail Linskens, Jr.
Boubacar Sylla, Jr. (not sure if he will be a Jr. or So. in eligibility)??

Not sure if Linskens or Diakite will survive the summer "cuts". Mostly Diakite...with his damn near ZERO playing time and wasting of eligibility. Linskens was a non-factor starting in late December...so maybe that says something.

Projected Starting Five:
1 - JayDee Luster
2 - Thomas Manzano / AJ Davis
3 - Afam Moujeke
4 - Adam Waddell / Djibril Thiam
5 - Boubacar Sylla

Thoughts WyoNation? Did I miss anything / anyone?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

looks bout right, i just didnt know we were gettin Desmar Jackson.

and Boubacar will be a Soph.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Good write-up McP. I look for more rotation during games this coming season and think the depth will really help especially by the time we get into conference play. Still alot of youth and inexperience, but alot of talent and athleticism. Hard to say how high this team might go - depends on how they gel and improve throughout the season.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

WYCowboy wrote:Good write-up McP. I look for more rotation during games this coming season and think the depth will really help especially by the time we get into conference play. Still alot of youth and inexperience, but alot of talent and athleticism. Hard to say how high this team might go - depends on how they gel and improve throughout the season.
The other thing...looking at the roster, that is VERY encouraging...we only have 2 seniors on the roster, and both are basically non-factors (Dermody & Diakite). Although I think Derm had a huge upside as a Soph, his injuries last year, in my opinion, cost him any chance at being a shining star in brown & gold.

I think next year, we are solid, with a finish at 3rd or 4th, and 2010-2011 we are legitimate MWC champions, if in fact everyone stays focused on academics, remains eligible & healthy.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

Too bad Schroyer didn't run off Linskins last year and kept Nelson. At least Nelson could have given us some minutes and maybe even helped us win another game or two.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Using the Method of Posterior Extraction I have starting:

Waddell
Moujeke
Davis
Luster
Dermody

Manzano will be an academic casualty. Sylla will be another Linskens.
Pokes will finish 5th in MWC.
Shroyer will, finally, concentrate on defense. He will have to - the major
scoring threats are gone.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Cheywypoke wrote:Too bad Schroyer didn't run off Linskins last year and kept Nelson. At least Nelson could have given us some minutes and maybe even helped us win another game or two.
That would have meant admitting your own mistake. Easier to run off the prior coach's recruits.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

I have a feeling we will see a lot of experimenting with the starting 5 during non-conference play. That being said, here are the starters come conference play:

Jaydee Luster
Thomas Manzano
Afam Muojeke
Djibril Thiam
Boubacar Sylla

Manzano and Muojeke will handle the majority of the scoring. Luster has some sick handles. He will have at least one assist a game that will make you shake your head in amazement. I like the looks of Thiam...a lot. He will rip down a lot more boards next year and I expect to see him do a bit more scoring. Sylla is not the answer down low, but he is the best option we have.

Amath M'Baye, Quinton Thomas, and Adam Waddell will all see significant time in the rotation. AJ Davis, Desmar Jackson, and Ryan Dermondy will be in the thick of things as well. M'Baye will improve our defense by leaps and bounds. He gives intense effort on the defensive end of the floor every single time and goes to the offensive boards with reckless abandon. He will be a fan favorite. Thomas is a mirror image of Muojeke (with better defense). He could turn into a first team all conference performer by the time it is all said and done. Waddell will be a nice change of pace off the bench, and hopefully will be able to light a fire under the team when they need it. I don't know much about Jackson. I do know he has the reputation of being a slacker. He doesn't always give his best effort. I'll hold off my judgement on him until I can see more film on this guy. He is sort of a wildcard as far as I am concerned.

We are one center away from being Mtn West Conference champs people. A good center is hard to find, but they are out there. If Schroyer can bring one to UW in the near future, this team will explode. Manzano will be the most talented player in the conference next year. Period.