On-campus marketing for basketball games

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
TheCup
Ranch Hand

Looking for perspective from some current students at UW... Is there any marketing, whether through media or otherwise, that you notice to help drive student attendance at men's basketball games?

I know the last game and the next few are outliers due to Christmas break, but student attendance wasn't very good before that - outside of the CU game - and it certainly hasn't been great the last two years.

Do you notice any effort to get students to the games? Or event let students know games are happening? I'm thinking social media ads, ads on the BI, ads through mobile apps, fliers around campus... Anything like that?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

can we blame them with the horrible seating arrangements they've been set up with, truly not a fan of that style, on the floor
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

They have cardboard cut outs of someone from each sport holding a sign that says when the next game is inside the union.

I haven't gotten any yet this year, but last year I remember getting emails from the athletic department (sometimes even from shyatt himself) urging us to go to the games.

I've never lived in the dorms or in other student housing, but I imagine there's not much advertising there based off of how little there is around campus (besides the union).

I think what will help student attendance a great deal would be continuing their shuttle service through the night on gamedays. A bunch of students utilize the shuttles that come from off campus. The campus shuttle can bring people to the union from the lot on the south end of town and the shuttle that leaves the union and passes by the AA can run more frequently. This is what made the San Diego state game so awesome last year. There was a pregame party in the union and then there were shuttles taking students up to the AA from there. I think it's something that could be done every game.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Just my opinion, the marketing in general is terrible. They do very little to draw the casual fan to the games. Football was the same way. After the Montana game there was barely a peep.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Just my opinion, the marketing in general is terrible. They do very little to draw the casual fan to the games. Football was the same way. After the Montana game there was barely a peep.
+ 1,000,000