12/10 @Cal

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

Does anyone know if Bird is going to play?
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

From my unreliable internet sources I've been reading Bird has been on crutches and in boot. If that's the case and this isn't gamesmanship I'd say he might not hit the court for awhile. Problem with foot injuries is you have to be off your feet. When that happens you ain't shooting the rock, running, or practicing. If Bird is out I think we might win by 10+. I'm really interesting in our gameplay. Do we throw Adams on Mathews take him out and team D Wallace? Who's on Kravish? I like our chances here, they just aren't as much of a physical load in the paint as SMU.
Riding High!!!
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

I do want Bird to be healthy and play however. I want this Pokes team to be legitimately tested for the NCAA. I want us playing that kind of competition, learning, and winning. I also ponied up the money to see this one live so I'd really just like to see him play in person. Very excited!!! I've always like Cal too, and most of the Pac 12 for that matter. They're my 2nd horse after MW in NCAA.
Riding High!!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cosmic Cowboy wrote:I do want Bird to be healthy and play however. I want this Pokes team to be legitimately tested for the NCAA. I want us playing that kind of competition, learning, and winning. I also ponied up the money to see this one live so I'd really just like to see him play in person. Very excited!!! I've always like Cal too, and most of the Pac 12 for that matter. They're my 2nd horse after MW in NCAA.
Wanna lend me some money so I can make the drive down from Corvallis? ;)

I strongly considered going to this game but there is no way I can make it with finals being this week.

Pokes gotta win this game. MWC is getting destroyed by Pac12 right now, and we need this to maintain any level of respectability.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

It looks like I'm in for an intense day just heading over to Berkeley cause this has been happening.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Fiv ... 942600.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know if its going to effect the game or not. Most likely not, but this has been a pretty big deal here for the past 4 or 5 days. Oakland's has been sort of the same way as well. If your heading to the game you might want to go a little early just to be on the safe side.
Riding High!!!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

Cosmic Cowboy wrote:It looks like I'm in for an intense day just heading over to Berkeley cause this has been happening.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Fiv ... 942600.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know if its going to effect the game or not. Most likely not, but this has been a pretty big deal here for the past 4 or 5 days. Oakland's has been sort of the same way as well. If your heading to the game you might want to go a little early just to be on the safe side.
"Unless we're free, we will prevent the system for operating."

Do these idiots realize that their freedom is what allows them to stop the system? I find myself hoping more and more that the next person that jumps into traffic to prove a point proves it with their life :tickedoff:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

Berkeley. What a joke. They will protest anything. f-word em.

Wish more people were educated about these 2 recent situations, and of course, less apt to be exploited by the media.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

McPeachy wrote:Berkeley. What a joke. They will protest anything. f-word em.

Wish more people were educated about these 2 recent situations, and of course, less apt to be exploited by the media.
I'm not going to give an opinion on either of the two aforementioned situations, but I will say that people need to research the subject instead of just listening to what the spin doctors tell them.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

I'm not going to get political on this board. I'll try to keep it more geared towards sports. I just wanted to give a heads up to any Pokes fans that read this and may be heading to the game.
Riding High!!!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

There's a group there organizing a protest against protesting. Reminds me of the meeting I once had to attend regarding the need for so many meetings...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
STJ10
Buckaroo

I honestly believe that the CAL game is a winnable one for Wyoming. It all depends on how we come out and execute. Cal barely eeked by lowly Fresno State and Nevada by 7 points, who both look to be below-average MWC teams this year. Cal is talented, but it IS a winnable game! I don't think that Cal is as good of a team as SMU, nor are they as well coached. We won't know until Wednesday night, but I'm staying optimistic about our chances, even in light of our loss at SMU. GO POKES!!
Last edited by STJ10 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

Wyovanian wrote:

There's a group there organizing a protest against protesting. Reminds me of the meeting I once had to attend regarding the need for so many meetings...
Or this classic comes to mind...

Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I can't wait for this game to be played.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Beat them Bears!!!!
wyopig
Ranch Hand

The game isn't being broadcast on the national PAC12 Network. It's only being broadcast on one or more of the regional PAC12 Networks, none of which are particularly accessible from my living room. There seems to be hope, however. I saw this on the other board:

To watch this game live, you're going to have to login to the PAC12 Network website and stream the game. It's the exact same protocol as how you watch games on ESPN3.com or the WatchESPN app. If your cable provider offers ANY of the PAC12 Networks, you can login into the PAC12 website and watch live content. The game will be live on the PAC12 Bay Area Network.

The website for the PAC12 network is http://pac-12.com/live" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

http://blog.sfgate.com/cal/2014/12/09/j ... s-wyoming/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think we got this one fellas, but we still need to go hard.
Riding High!!!
cowboysfan33
Ranch Hand

wyopig wrote:The game isn't being broadcast on the national PAC12 Network. It's only being broadcast on one or more of the regional PAC12 Networks, none of which are particularly accessible from my living room. There seems to be hope, however. I saw this on the other board:

To watch this game live, you're going to have to login to the PAC12 Network website and stream the game. It's the exact same protocol as how you watch games on ESPN3.com or the WatchESPN app. If your cable provider offers ANY of the PAC12 Networks, you can login into the PAC12 website and watch live content. The game will be live on the PAC12 Bay Area Network.

The website for the PAC12 network is http://pac-12.com/live" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have dish network and it is showing that I have it on pac 12 alternate. So I hope it works!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

It's Pac12 Bay Area.
cowboysfan33
Ranch Hand

BeaverPoke wrote:It's Pac12 Bay Area.
Yes. I pay for the whole sports package so I believe I will get it ..?