Morris Marshall - YTD Performance

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Marshall is about 1/3 of the way through his season at Santa Fe CC in Florida so I thought I would take a look at his stats so far this year: http://www.thefcsaasports.com/sports/mb ... rshallb0eb

Overall he is averaging 17.9 ppg on 45.6% FG (41% 3 PT) to go with 6.0 rpg and 3.2 apg.

JUCO stats can only tell you so much, but those are pretty solid numbers. I always look for JC guards/wings to be able to impact the game in other ways beside scoring (rebounds, steals, assists) since they should be superior athletically to most of the other players they play against at that level if they are going to be able to compete in the MWC.

It's tough to compare across teams and regions, but his stats are very similar other recent JC signees we have had. I took a look at the sophomore year JC stats for Nate Sobey, Pako Cruz, and Luke Martinez to compare them with Marshall

Cruz: 19.9 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 1.9 apg, 45% FG, 47% 3 PT (40.7% of shots from 3)

Martinez: 19.7 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 2.5 agp, 46% FG, 39% 3PT (57.4% of shots from 3)

Sobey: 16.5 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 2.4 apg, 48% FG, 32% 3 PT (30.7% of shots from 3)

Marshall: 17.9 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 3.2 apg, 46%FG, 41% 3 PT (40.9% of shots from 3)

Marshall's numbers are very similar to Cruz overall. Martinez took more 3's (shocking, I know) and Sobey was less dependent upon the arc. All had very solid rebounding numbers for wing players and Marshall has very solid assist numbers for a primary scorer.

All of these players were lightly recruited. Pretty much beat out Big Sky teams for the first 3 and MEAC/A-Sun type teams for Marshall, but all were very productive. The first 3 were solid role players at this level (maybe more than that for Martinez) and I think that is what Marshall projects to be as well. Possibly someone that can give productive bench minutes next year and then possibly start as a Senior replacing Josh Adams.