Wyoming @ SMU

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Just wanted to let everyone know this game will be on the ESPN News Channel - 632 on Charter & 207 on Direct TV. I think it is labeled as ESWHD.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

Thanks! Set a reminder on it.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Channel 841 Comcast Denver
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I'm stoked to watch this on ESPN News!

7 eastern, should be perfect timing for the east coast to recognize!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

It all the sudden on Directv says it starts at 4 MDT. Anyone heard if that is correct?
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

Last I heard was 5 pm.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Aaron wrote:It all the sudden on Directv says it starts at 4 MDT. Anyone heard if that is correct?
4 Pacific.
5 Wyoming time.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Are we srsly 7.5 point dogs in this one?
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

whyoh wrote:Are we srsly 7.5 point dogs in this one?

The line opened at 7.5 but it is down to 4.5 now.

Honestly though I won't be surprised if we get beat tonight by 7 or 8 points or more. I hope we don't and hope we win but this will be the toughest game so far this year ... at least on paper it will be. Not only because it is a road game but SMU is very athletic and good. They have played a far harder schedule than Wyoming has. Plus Larry Brown is one of the best ever in the business so we won't have the coaching advantage in this one like we have in every other game.

I am just hoping we can grind out a win even if it is by 1 point even though those kind of games are nerve wrenching .

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

seattlecowboy wrote:
whyoh wrote:Are we srsly 7.5 point dogs in this one?

The line opened at 7.5 but it is down to 4.5 now.

Honestly though I won't be surprised if we get beat tonight by 7 or 8 points or more. I hope we don't and hope we win but this will be the toughest game so far this year ... at least on paper it will be. Not only because it is a road game but SMU is very athletic and good. They have played a far harder schedule than Wyoming has. Plus Larry Brown is one of the best ever in the business so we won't have the coaching advantage in this one like we have in every other game.

I am just hoping we can grind out a win even if it is by 1 point even though those kind of games are nerve wrenching .

Definitely our toughest game to date. Great opportunity though.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

It certainly will be our toughest test yet, but I think we win. I cant see them being more physical than NMSU and we handled that test, and will be better prepared to handle it now. Should be a great game either way.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Yeah I expect a great game tonight. SMU is gonna be hungry for this win. It's early but their NCAA tourney chances kinda rest on getting a win here. If they lose they'll have to run the table in conference which is never easy. I hope we can find a way. I'll be very impressed with a win tonight.
Riding High!!!
wyopig
Ranch Hand

I have a good feeling about tonight. I think the Pokes embrace this opportunity and win reasonably convincingly on the road. We have too many veterans on this team to let a road game faze them.

I simply don't think that SMU is the team that everyone thought they would be...at least not yet. They aren't the same team we played last year. They get a lot of attention because of their coach, which is reasonably warranted. I'd say that, like Wyoming last year, Larry Brown will probably get this SMU team to peak during conference play. They still seem to be working a few things out.
69er
Ranch Hand

I will be at the game tonight with my 2 sons, one 36 and the other is 4. Alyssa and one of her quadruplet sisters gave us some tickets and we will go with 2 of her sisters, one of her brothers and his son. I'm not sure who else will go.
The Pokes have a great opportunity to win tonight. SMU isn't very good right now. Larry Brown has not been able to get the recruits he really wants. Mudiay never got to play for SMU. He went to China to play professionally leaving SMU in real trouble at PG. SMU has one PG. SMU is missing Markus Kennedy for the semester and maybe for the season. SMU is bad right now. Their skills are limited. The roster is full of weaknesses including having too many of the same type of players incapable of showing very many looks. Several of their players are not playing well including Sterling Brown. SMU still hasn't figured out how to play at their potential. SMU tends to play poorly against teams who can shoot the 3. Also the SMU crowd isn't very strong this year. Last year their home court advantage rattled opposing coaches and players but this year they had a point system as to who got seats. Some of their students have been removed. An opposing coach said that he wanted certain SMU students removed and security removed them. And now SMU is going for a money grab to its fans. So the home court advantage won't be as intimidating.
So just some thoughts off the top of my head.
John.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

69er wrote:I will be at the game tonight with my 2 sons, one 36 and the other is 4. Alyssa and one of her quadruplet sisters gave us some tickets and we will go with 2 of her sisters, one of her brothers and his son. I'm not sure who else will go.
:o That's quite the spread.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Thanks for the sweet breakdown 69er. Cools my anxiety with this game a little. Let's take it to em POKES!!!
Riding High!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 260 times

Not shooting well again.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer