What does the future hold for Brandon?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I hope he gets a shot in the NBA...he sure has been a great Wyoming Cowboy. PL...your thoughts? Does he have what it takes for the next level?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
pbpokefan
Buckaroo

I think he would make a great coach somewhere. He has such a great passion for the game,that I think he could inspire a great team.
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

i can see him playing overseas at a pretty good euro league team. joseph taylor is playin in sweden and doing quite well there.

im sure he will have a shot with the nba first, and maybe spend some time in the D-League and see what happens there, then possibly going to europe if things dont pan out.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 48 times

I really don't see Brandon playing in the NBA. He just doesn't have the physical traits of an NBA player. If he had an absolutely deadly 3 point shot, he might have a chance, but he isn't really known to be a huge shooting threat. I think he has a future playin ball in Europe though. Just because he probably won't end up in the NBA doesn't mean he wasn't a GREAT college basketball player. I always believed we had a chance to beat any team in the nation with him on the court.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Colorado 14ers
PL_Julian
Buckaroo

He will have an opportunity at the NBA level and if he goes overseas he will make more than me.

intersting to see some of the replies but he as more interest than some think, He won't be in the NBDL unless he is under contract.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

PL_Julian wrote:He will have an opportunity at the NBA level and if he goes overseas he will make more than me.

intersting to see some of the replies but he as more interest than some think, He won't be in the NBDL unless he is under contract.
I understand, and just learned, that there are several NBA clubs interested in Brandon FWIW. I hope he gets the shot, and makes it.
Dear Karma,

Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Without an Ogirri type three point shot, Brandon would be doubtful right now for the NBA
PL_Julian
Buckaroo

Without an Ogirri type three point shot, Brandon would be doubtful right now for the NBA
Just to give you a point of reference...Derrick Rose could not shoot a jumper in HS or at Memphis..Devin Harris is also not an Ogirri type shooter..Those things improve dramatically at the next level where the amount of individual training is specialized and dramatic.

His 3 point shot also isn't as bad as you portray..They normally look for a player to shoot in the 40 percent range.Ewing is in the mid 30's but in the last few games he is high 40's.They also want a player to be about 50-60% when open. .He will be a point guard and not a two guard meaning that he has to shoot well enough to keep defenses honest..

But I can tell that your NBA is not one of those clubs that are interested. :lol:
sharpshooter
Buckaroo

Love Brandon and what this team has been doing lately.
But if were going to discuss future prospects.
We can't compare Brandon to Derrick Rose
Brandon did not take his team to the title game.
Brandon is under 6 feet and Derrick is 6'3....
Brandon has to turn his back to get the ball over half court.
That is not a NBA player.
Not to mention if were looking at stats, I look at effective fg %, points per shot, 3pt fg percentage.....
Points and assists are great but if your too undersized and can't really play the point then it's a problem.
You have to look at the assists also when you have a 3pt shooter making 92 3's, half went to Ogirri so that will pad your stats big time. The assists aren't all from your conventional variety penetration no look .....
Transition looks and 3 point looks in a highlight reel are the assists the NBA teams don't look at....

More money overseas, get that passport ready
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Gotta remember that he was under the direction of buckymac for 2 years, and that in itself should get him a free pass into the NBA. I kind of feel bad that Brandon had those 2 years of lousy instruction and development...but hey...he can overcome it all with a decent developer from the bigs.
Dear Karma,

PL_Julian
Buckaroo

Love Brandon and what this team has been doing lately.
But if were going to discuss future prospects.
We can't compare Brandon to Derrick Rose
Brandon did not take his team to the title game.
Brandon is under 6 feet and Derrick is 6'3....
Brandon has to turn his back to get the ball over half court.
That is not a NBA player.
Not to mention if were looking at stats, I look at effective fg %, points per shot, 3pt fg percentage.....
Points and assists are great but if your too undersized and can't really play the point then it's a problem.
You have to look at the assists also when you have a 3pt shooter making 92 3's, half went to Ogirri so that will pad your stats big time. The assists aren't all from your conventional variety penetration no look .....
Transition looks and 3 point looks in a highlight reel are the assists the NBA teams don't look at....

More money overseas, get that passport ready
For the sake of your conversation...I can compare Brandon to Derrick because they have history playing against each other coming from the same HS conference.

Brandon is not under 6 foot tall.In fact he is 6'1".. You are correct that he didn't take his team to the final four but it is also true he has never had anywhere near the talent that Memphis had. memphis might not have reached the finals without errick but they would have most likely gotten to the final four..That Memphis team could have beaten half the NBA teams. Also the point of that comparrison was shooting and the development when there is real individual instruction...

If you look at most of the assist leaders in recent times they have all had deadly shooters.There are not alot of what you call conventional assists. He would have more if our bigs didn't have to dribble and or make a basketball move to finish.

Turn his back to get across half court? Thats funny... can't play the point is even funnier...But for your points per possesion he has led the cowboys in that stat for 4 years...

transition would be good if there was more than AJ Davis to get out on the break...Again with a team that runs like Memphis did you could have conventional assists and run a secondary break..

Europe money is good and at the least he will make money there...