Halftime adjustments for AFA

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

To quote from an AFA board poster:

"Re: Why? Why? Why?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's almost as if our offensive play calling inside the 10 goes through some sort of do-loop...

I know they are expecting a run outside, but they know we know that, so are really expecting a run up the middle, so we'll run outside to fool them.

All night, WYO linebackers played very tough on the outside, and neither one of our tackles was able to consistently close the edge. I think there was one play in the 3rd quarter where we achieved a seem outside the tackle.

After a day to reflect... I'm beginning to think we experienced a much bigger problem than running outside inside the 10... We couldn't run inside either.

Here's some tough love and reality... In the second half, we couldn't throw it accurately, catch it consistently, or create consistent seems for a sustained ground game. Offensively, we were without teeth."

This post is spot on and tells me two things:

(1) our front seven is pretty salty; and
(2) we have coaches that can actually make adjustments at the half.

AFA scored 3 points in the second half. Montana mustered 6.

Wyoming scored 3 points in the first half against Montana and got 14 in the second half. We scored 7 points in the first half against AFA and got 10 in the second (not huge, but better).