Schroyer coaching

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

We are going down hill. Watch out tonight it could be another beat down. In Schroyer's first two seasons which is not complete yet he has lost 7 conference games by 20 points or more. Compare that to McClain who in 7 seasons lost only 2 conference games by 20 points or more and one of those was the game with the suspensions of four starters against Air Force.

Everyone complained about the offense of McClain but Shroyer is doing the same stuff, everyone stands around looking like they might pass it down low but never do then play one on one or put up a three at the end of the shot clock. Remember Schroyer said "We don't teach plays we teach principles" when talking about the offense. Can we get an inbounds play please!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Are you going to be on Christensen's ass if he isn't winning games after 1 1/2 years at the helm? I don't get it why all the negative stuff is being poured on Heath. I think he needs some more time (after year 3 lets do an evaluation maybe). Do I like losing or getting our dicks kicked in to the likes of bWHYu, Utah, etc.? Hell no, but Heath had quite the poop to dig UW hoops out of thanks to buckymac. Not even Mike K at Duke could have turned this UW bus around that quick (one year really).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

I couldn't agree with you more McPeachy.

Everyone needs to realize it takes some time to turn a program that was thrown into the sh!tter.
After three years, you evaluate your coach, not two, that is just ridiculous.

I think next year we will see the true potential of the team, especially with the recruits coming in.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

No way we get beat down in this game. UNLV isn't as good as they have been the past few years. We tend to play much better at home then we do on the road (as most teams do by the way). This will either be a close win or a close loss. Can't decide. We will find out who wants it more in a few hours.
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

Looking at the incoming classes I would rank WYO at #2 behind SDSU for the best class. Our class looks far better than BYUs
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

I am glad that the Cowboy's won and I am all for giving Heath time. I am not saying to fire him right now but he didn't lose that much from McClain's team and Heath had a worse record 12-18 compared to 17-15 for McClain. Why do we fire the only coach who has won a conference championship (two) since the MWC began? And who do we hire, a "buddy" who uses the same coaching philosophies. I heard everyone complaining about McClain and his offensive style but Shroyer is using the same stuff but no one is complaining. Well I will speak up.

The fact still remains that Heath has lost 7 conference games by 20 points or more and McClain only lost two of those type of games in his last 7 years. One of those was with four starters out due to suspension. I also think that some of the players got worse with Heath. For an example Eric Platt, under McClain he averaged 6.2 points per game on 19 minutes and with Heath he only scored 3.5 points on 13 minutes. Also I don't understand how we can have so many turnovers with two senior guards, we do not value the basketball. Some of the turnovers are b/c of the players but the coach has to teach the players to value the ball more and with two senior guards we should not have as many turnovers as we do every game.

I don't agree that the program was in the toilet, yes the classroom stuff was bad and the scholarship loss does affect the team but we didn't lose any huge significant players from McClain's team and I don't see a huge improvement. Our record this year is misleading b/c of the baby soft schedule to start the season.

I hope the recruits are as good as everyone says b/c we lose 3 of our top 4 scorers, are top rebounder, and both ball handlers, so we better have some good players coming in or we are going to get killed.

Go Pokes!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

thirtyseven wrote:I am glad that the Cowboy's won and I am all for giving Heath time. I am not saying to fire him right now but he didn't lose that much from McClain's team and Heath had a worse record 12-18 compared to 17-15 for McClain. Why do we fire the only coach who has won a conference championship (two) since the MWC began? And who do we hire, a "buddy" who uses the same coaching philosophies. I heard everyone complaining about McClain and his offensive style but Shroyer is using the same stuff but no one is complaining. Well I will speak up.

The fact still remains that Heath has lost 7 conference games by 20 points or more and McClain only lost two of those type of games in his last 7 years. One of those was with four starters out due to suspension. I also think that some of the players got worse with Heath. For an example Eric Platt, under McClain he averaged 6.2 points per game on 19 minutes and with Heath he only scored 3.5 points on 13 minutes. Also I don't understand how we can have so many turnovers with two senior guards, we do not value the basketball. Some of the turnovers are b/c of the players but the coach has to teach the players to value the ball more and with two senior guards we should not have as many turnovers as we do every game.

I don't agree that the program was in the toilet, yes the classroom stuff was bad and the scholarship loss does affect the team but we didn't lose any huge significant players from McClain's team and I don't see a huge improvement. Our record this year is misleading b/c of the baby soft schedule to start the season.

I hope the recruits are as good as everyone says b/c we lose 3 of our top 4 scorers, are top rebounder, and both ball handlers, so we better have some good players coming in or we are going to get killed.

Go Pokes!!!
This link has all the stats...check it out. We should never forget that buckymac led us to 3 back-to-back losing seasons 03-04, 04-05, 05-06, followed up by a piss poor effort at 17-15 his final season (with wins against horrible OOC opponents as well), along with off the court issues (not just academic) that would make Jerry Tarkanian blush. I am not sure I give a poop that buckymacs losses for the most part were within 10 points, they are still a loss.

Improvement takes more than a year...and Heath will finish the season with a winning record this year. Yes, should have been better, but still a winning record.

http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/careerteamwinloss
Dear Karma,

thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

Too bad your facts are wrong McPeachy McClain only had two losing seasons in nine years, but thanks for the web site.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

thirtyseven wrote:Too bad your facts are wrong McPeachy McClain only had two losing seasons in nine years, but thanks for the web site.
Whatever, right you are...but 2004-2005 sure as hell felt like a losing season, to even you right? And really, so did 2006-2007 at 2 games above .500. Either way, I am glad the SOB is gone, he sucked ass. You would think he would have been able to win again after being at UW for 7, 8, 9 years. Nope, he was looking for a way out after the 2001-2002 season.

Let's face it though, his last four years, he tanked our program down to a pathetic 57 -63 record...puke. And 2007-2008 was looking worse, especially with Platt & Nelson anchoring two of the five starting spots!

Not that it matters though, as he is long gone, thankfully so, and will never return. Sad that Heath has to dig out of the massive buckymac poop, and put up with impatient fans to boot. I hope Christensen doesn't have to go through the latter as well when he isn't competing for a MWC crown after a year.
Dear Karma,