New kicker commit

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

Looks like Ohio kicker Pierce Royster has committed
https://twitter.com/hudkicker/status/443901013246746624 EDIT: Sorry, POKE FAN, didn't see your post in the Spring Ball thread.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

If I remember right, our kicker situation, especially on fieldgoals, was still a big question mark. Good to get a kicker.

Not really asking for much, just someone who can reliably get FGs from 40 yards or so.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

fromolwyoming wrote:If I remember right, our kicker situation, especially on fieldgoals, was still a big question mark. Good to get a kicker.

Not really asking for much, just someone who can reliably get FGs from 40 yards or so.
I would kill for a kicker that could hit anything inside 50 yards. Hopefully this kid is that. We used to be known for having great kickers, now we barely know who our kicker is going to be each season.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

I wonder if he is a walk-on or scholarship player. 8/11 with along of 46yds
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote:Looks like Ohio kicker Pierce Royster has committed
https://twitter.com/hudkicker/status/443901013246746624 EDIT: Sorry, POKE FAN, didn't see your post in the Spring Ball thread.
No problem. Looks like Royster initially committed to Ohio U., but received an offer from SEC Mississippi State, also. A Scout 3-star.

Christmas came early for the Ohio Bobcats, it appears. A day after losing to ECU in the Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl, 3-star kicker Pierce Royster verbally committed to the Ohio Bobcats for the 2014 class, according to Scout.com (pay-wall).

Royster, a 5-foot-9 inch, 170-pound placekicker out of Hudson High School in Hudson, Ohio had an offer from SEC member Mississippi State.

http://www.hustlebelt.com/2013/12/29/52 ... 2014-class
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

He replied to a Poke fan and said the reason he chose to came here was that he loved the visit and would be starting sooner at UW. In addition, he's a prefered walk-on.

It looks like Bohl and company finally got the chance to watch some Wyoming tape if they went out and recruited a kicker. Hopefully they can return our special teams from the depths of "special forces".
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.